Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I see a lot of folks leaning on the “team is rallying around” trope…and they’re half-right.

The team is “rallying around” Jon Allen, Scary Terry and Antonio Gibson.  HineyHiney/Turner is along for the ride and cobbling together about 8-10 plays of competent football in the second half, at best.

Doesnt mean we won’t beat that choking bum Cousins this Sunday, tho.  So, that might be fun.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wafers said:

There is zero reason to go back to Wentz.  He will be cut after this season. Frankly, his NFL career might be over.

TH is the starter and Sam is the backup.

Remember there isn't a GM making these decisions.

Dan is paying Wentz $28million and will probably put him back in. 

I'm one of the last Alex Smith fanboys on this forum. I think I've finally come to understand the frustration that so many others felt when Alex inexplicably won ugly games.

But I can still hang my hat on the 2020 wildcard birth, so I feel better about my choices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I see a lot of folks leaning on the “team is rallying around” trope…and they’re half-right.

The team is “rallying around” Jon Allen, Scary Terry and Antonio Gibson.  HineyHiney/Turner is along for the ride and cobbling together about 8-10 plays of competent football in the second half, at best.

Doesnt mean we won’t beat that choking bum Cousins this Sunday, tho.  So, that might be fun.

I think your definition of "rallying around" might be different from others lol...

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

That's how I see it as well. The defense is balling out and we got a couple guys on offense making some fantastic individual plays.

I will say though that Heinicke's mobility keeps plays/drives alive. If Wentz were in there would have been a lot more sacks and killed drives. That last scoring drive was aided big time by Heinicke's ability to escape pressure.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

I'm one of the last Alex Smith fanboys on this forum. I think I've finally come to understand the frustration that so many others felt when Alex inexplicably won ugly games.

But I can still hang my hat on the 2020 wildcard birth, so I feel better about my choices.

I'm with you. Was it boring? Absolutely and I appreciated it. Watching Heini win is like watching RG3 without the wheels or arm talent. You just never know what's going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Dude - Even Jon Allen and Terry have PUBLICLY said they are Rallying around TH! They themselves credit TH with having "IT" (Allens words, not mine) that make everyone want to fight a bit harder.

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

2020 wasn’t a wildcard berth. We won the division, not a wildcard spot. Those are different. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm with you. Was it boring? Absolutely and I appreciated it. Watching Heini win is like watching RG3 without the wheels or arm talent. You just never know what's going to happen.

And without the constant injuries or the slides that look like a baby deer walking on a frozen lake lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, TMK9973 said:

Dude - Even Jon Allen and Terry have PUBLICLY said they are Rallying around TH! They themselves credit TH with having "IT" (Allens words, not mine) that make everyone want to fight a bit harder.

You're preaching to the choir, we already saw in Dallas last season how hard Heinicke made Payne and Allen fight

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2020 wasn’t a wildcard berth. We won the division, not a wildcard spot. Those are different. 

You're right. In the end, it felt the same with the losing record lol

• Haha 3

Just now, NickyJ said:

You're preaching to the choir, we already saw in Dallas last season how hard Heinicke made Payne and Allen fight

That game was devastating and I couldn't understand it.....

Until I got covid and realized how EXHAUSTED I was even 2 weeks later.  Half the team was playing after having Covid less then 2 weeks ealier.

Explained a lot more.  

But TODAY -TH is 7-3 over his last 10 games and anyone who is watching can not deny that the team plays better under TH.  

2 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

‘That’s what good teammates do.  Hype up guys that need the hype.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Wafers said:

There is zero reason to go back to Wentz.  He will be cut after this season. Frankly, his NFL career might be over.

TH is the starter and Sam is the backup.

He's yet to be moved without significant draft pick compensation. 

I highly doubt there aren't teams out there at least willing to bring him in as a backup.

Only way he's done is if he retires.

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm one of the last Alex Smith fanboys on this forum. I think I've finally come to understand the frustration that so many others felt when Alex inexplicably won ugly games

The frustration is that it's not only unsustainable but doesn't work at the highest levels, aka against good teams or in the playoffs. 

The 49ers knew that, the chiefs knew that but we're bottom feeders so what he brings was well worth it.

Heinicke is similar but even worse than smith, he's what we got so we gotta deal with it but the people who know football know it's unsustainable. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

So if I understand this argument correctly:

Someone: "The players are rallying around Heinicke."

You: "No they aren't. They are rallying around McLaurin, Payne, and Allen."

Someone: "McLaurin and Allen are on record as saying they rally around Heinicke because he has 'it'.."

You: "They don't mean it. I know what they're really thinking."

Did I get it right?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

We also saw in Dallas last season how hard guys like Payne and Allen made their teammates fight...so I guess they're both wrong.

It was the Heinicke's first game back from the Covid list. Maybe they were going through withdrawal and took too big a Moxie hit before the game. If my hair were on fire, I'd need to blow off a little steam too.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So if I understand this argument correctly:

Someone: "The players are rallying around Heinicke."

You: "No they aren't. They are rallying around McLaurin, Payne, and Allen."

Someone: "McLaurin are on record as saying they rally around Heinicke because he has 'it'.."

You: "They don't mean it. I know what they're really thinking."

Did I get it right?

You think Jon Allen drug the highest-paid Guard in the league all over the field for 60 full minutes because of Taylor Heinicke?  

Man, don’t do this to yourself.

• Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heh, I don't think much of Heinicke as a starting QB, but I would take watching him over the best version of Alex ****ing Smith that ever existed.

Griffin was an good read option QB the one year and a terrible actual one after. Much worse than either Heinicke or Smith, even. I'd argue that you knew exactly what you were getting from him, lots of people just took awhile to believe that. I don't see the resemblance to Heinie. He's more like Doug flutie with a noodle arm.

Absolutely expect to be rolled over by the only legitimate NFL QB that played for this team in the last 20 years or so next week....should be funny, at least.

Edited by SpacePenguin

24 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I don’t recall anyone rallying around Heinicke the end of last season.  Nor do I recall any player in the offseason going to bat for him that he should be given a chance to start here.  I do recall a lot of positive vibes and remarks about the Wentz acquisition, as well as his camp with the guys out west.

So yeah, this whole ‘Heinicke is the galvanizing force’ narrative doesn’t really jive for me.

I do think the guys like and respect his underdog status and they have seen him pull a rabbit out of a hat on more than one occasion.  I also think the leaders on this team know that hyping him up and showing him they believe in him is the right thing to do.

15 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I hadn’t even read this when I made my post, but yeah - we’re on the same page with this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1