Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

So McCarthy is always in the building, is a football junkie, everyone loves him and he's lost 3 times since middle school, won a state title, and two national titles at two different levels.  Oh and he had a fantastic shuttle time, it's obvious on tape that he can run and evade, uses his mobility to make plays downfield and threw 61 mph at the combine. 

What are we waiting for exactly? This is the kind of guy you build a whole program around.  And he comes from a school that aside from a troubled Rich Rod/Hoke period, and his coach, who played QB in the NFL said he's the best to come out of Michigan.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There's no way you take a QB on a lower tier no matter what the offer is. 

It's possible they like Penix a good deal more than most, or they just invited him because it couldn't hurt anything. But no way they are thinking about trading way down and taking a QB they consider much lesser than the top 4.

Yea but nobody knows the internal grade on Penix. 

do you know the grade?

NFL teams are going to have different grades on these guys, many times wildly different. 

that’s why I said “depends on the grade”. 

On 4/18/2024 at 5:57 PM, Ghost of said:

It was the 80s. Everyone's shoulder pads were outsized.

I prefer to think they were properly sized, and that today's players wear undersized shoulder pads and too few secondary pads (neck rolls, forearm/elbow pads, etc.). The league is always talking about how the players have gotten bigger, and faster and stronger, yet they have no problem with downsized protective equipment. It's led to a change in how players initiate contact, and while I don't know if there have been any studies, I have to believe there's a correlation between the downsizing of protective gear and the increase in injuries.

Sorry, that was way off topic, but any time I see the size of pads get mentioned, I look for the nearest soapbox to stand on... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, illone said:

Yea but nobody knows the internal grade on Penix. 

do you know the grade?

NFL teams are going to have different grades on these guys, many times wildly different. 

that’s why I said “depends on the grade”. 

No I don’t know, which is why I said it’s possible they rate him a lot higher than others do.

I think we should all listen to Keim post. Block out the noise and see how it all plays out. There are not too many ways this draft could work out where I would be upset. Yes that even includes taking McCarthy at 2. Sit back and enjoy next Thursday-Saturday. We all have favorites and this is a historic decision. I firmly believe they will take a quarterback in the first round. 95% at pick 2, 4% in top 5, and 1 percent after that. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

So McCarthy is always in the building, is a football junkie, everyone loves him and he's lost 3 times since middle school, won a state title, and two national titles at two different levels.  Oh and he had a fantastic shuttle time, it's obvious on tape that he can run and evade, uses his mobility to make plays downfield and threw 61 mph at the combine. 

What are we waiting for exactly? This is the kind of guy you build a whole program around.  And he comes from a school that aside from a troubled Rich Rod/Hoke period, and his coach, who played QB in the NFL said he's the best to come out of Michigan.

That kid is gonna make some team happy af. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That kid is gonna make some team happy af. 

I like McCarthy.  But not here. Hopefully he makes the Vikings happy.  I don't want the Giants with any of these Qbs not even Penix.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think we're drafting both Penix and McCarthy and surgically grafting McCarthy's legs to Penix's torso.

I'm okay with this as long as he is a day 1 starter.  If he has to sit for a season or even just 10 games, it isn't worth it.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

And he comes from a school that aside from a troubled Rich Rod/Hoke period, and his coach, who played QB in the NFL said he's the best to come out of Michigan.

Tom Brady about to have some stern words with this guy 😂 

this board would melt down like chernobyl if JJ was the pick. 

Sign me up🤣🤣

The board is going down if it’s anyone other than Maye lol

The drama is the fun at this point 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like McCarthy.  But not here. 

Is it that you just like the other two guys more?

I get wanting to stick to the (public consensus) draft board, but passing on JJ is the type of mistake that can haunt you for years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

The board is going down if it’s anyone other than Maye lol

The drama is the fun at this point 

I’m here for it 😂

We probably wont know for sure for 2-3 years anyways. In my mind the draft is just the start. Not saying you shouldnt celebrate if your guy is picked. Thats fun too. But its more fun to win the division five years in a row. 

1 minute ago, illone said:

Is it that you just like the other two guys more?

I get wanting to stick to the (public consensus) draft board, but passing on JJ is the type of mistake that can haunt you for years. 

If Maye doesn't want to be here along stick man too and JJ is Peter's pick.  Agreed.  :)  

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Hardcore damage control over a 🤔

Yall are really something else

Well, in truth, at least one of us here really is something else. 👽

• Haha 2