Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I had Guice as RB3 in that draft, behind Chubb and Barkley. I'm still not sold I was wrong, when he was healthy he was really good, but yeah, I don't know how there wasn't smoke considering the litany of offenses that came out. No way due diligence people or crosscheckers should have failed to pick up on that stuff. 

I mean, there was enough smoke that I wanted no part of him, so obviously Washington knew about it and decided he was worth the risk.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773078

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

@Llevron You keep doing this like there's a possibility you're right and I think the only reason you're invested in that possibility is because of your feelings on the QB involved.  And it's totally legit to say you don't think this will affect the pick itself.  Or that you think the team and the agents will patch it up if need be.  But to act like you know better than someone who just talked to you from a place of expertise in entertainment is some kind of ego, dude.

I thought that's what we have been doing the whole time in this thread?? Arguing against people with expertise is our thing why is it an issue now?

I think its pretty obvious they have more name recognition today than they did yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, jg77 said:

I think it's between Daniels and JJ. They made it clear yesterday in the presser that they want someone with experience and not a project (which Maye is).

Calling Maye a project is laughable. He is less of a "project" than either Herbert or Allen were. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Shedeur Sanders talking to Quinn Ewers next year:

SS: "Hey man, this draft process is crazy. You picked an agent yet?"

QE: "Talking to a few. Some big guys like Athletes First, Don Yee's shop, but also some smaller ones. Hey Ron Butler at Agency 1 hit me up."

SS: "Jayden's guy? Wasn't he the one tweeting about the Commanders draft process that cause a lot of drama? I definitely wouldn't go with him."

QE "Yeah there's so much craziness going on already, don't need to add to it."

Before I signed with my agents, I called around to get info on their reputations. I did my homework. This is not an "any publicity is good publicity" business. 

He probably would have picked Drew Rosenhaus. I'm sure you remember how many scandals his guy has been involved in. Yet he is still doing his thing. I dont think the tweet is the kiss of death you think it is. Im sure publicity wasn't the intent of him liking the tweet. But once the fire was on them and they started making MORE of them? Its pretty clear to me that they like the attention yall are giving them. 

14 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Female clowns on the other hand, really rev your motor?

Just not scary, lol, I can get into the weeds on this 😄

15 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I mean, there was enough smoke that I wanted no part of him, so obviously Washington knew about it and decided he was worth the risk.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773078

Interesting, it mostly reads like an idiot with a personality disorder, but doesn't hint at the more criminal stuff other than obliquely. Good catch, good memory, that jogged my memory with the weird Eagles story. It makes sense as he had a pretty similar grade to other backs in that class that went late 1st/early 2nd. So clearly a bunch steered clear. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Calling Maye a project is laughable. He is less of a "project" than either Herbert or Allen were. 

People calling him a project are the same people who are saying anything to get attention 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Is JJ still a reach at #2?

Most would definitely think he is a reach at #2 with Maye and Daniels sitting there, but I think the answer is slightly more nuanced.

Ultimately it depends on the success of the other QBs in this draft and how well JJ does in comparison. 

I responded to your other post about this a few hundred pages ago, not sure if you saw it lol.

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They looked at the Washington Qb the other day any chance trade down for him?

My guess would be more of a contingency plan in case they get a mafia offer to trade down.

I mean if Vikings offer five first round draft picks to move back, but all of a sudden you are outside the range of Maye, Daniels, or JJ, and you're sitting there in the teens, at least you did a workup on Penix and can confidently pull the trigger, or not depending on the grade.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

My guess would be more of a contingency plan in case they get a mafia offer to trade down.

I mean if Vikings offer five first round draft picks to move back, but all of a sudden you are outside the range of Maye, Daniels, or JJ, and you're sitting there in the teens, at least you did a workup on Penix and can confidently pull the trigger, or not depending on the grade.

I think minn will offer at least 3 but that probably not enough 

10 minutes ago, illone said:

There's no way you take a QB on a lower tier no matter what the offer is. 

It's possible they like Penix a good deal more than most, or they just invited him because it couldn't hurt anything. But no way they are thinking about trading way down and taking a QB they consider much lesser than the top 4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There's no way you take a QB on a lower tier no matter what the offer is. 

It's possible they like Penix a good deal more than most, or they just invited him because it couldn't hurt anything. But no way they are thinking about trading way down and taking a QB they consider much lesser than the top 4.

I would think it's smoke. They are obviously taking a Qb. I really don't have a feel on which Qb they are taking.

Edited by Redskins 2021

40 minutes ago, illone said:

Most would definitely think he is a reach at #2 with Maye and Daniels sitting there, but I think the answer is slightly more nuanced.

Ultimately it depends on the success of the other QBs in this draft and how well JJ does in comparison. 

I responded to your other post about this a few hundred pages ago, not sure if you saw it lol.

Thanks yea i think I remember it, things get buried real quick in this thread. I’m warming up more and more to JJ but I don’t think they could trade down beyond #5 or so and still get him. We’re not trading with giants so we’re looking at a valuation difference of only a few spots. It’s not how some in the fanbase see it but that’s what it’s come to post combine/pro day. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s giving peters some serious purdy vibes as has been mentioned before

At this point if they really want him, it sounds like they would just have to buck up and do it at #2

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves

Although no supplemental draft is involved, of course, I have a feeling Penix will be chosen by a team that also drafts one of the QBs pushed by the talking heads. This time, though, a reverse Aikman-Walsh dynamic in terms of production.

3 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Although no supplemental draft is involved, of course, I have a feeling Penix will be chosen by a team that also drafts one of the QBs pushed by the talking heads. This time, though, a reverse Aikman-Walsh dynamic in terms of production.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952h7fxvuhfr5ed8l8rgd

• Haha 2