Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

From what I've heard and read Daniels is a good dude.  Very likeable, humble and coachable.

But his mom clearly is a red flag though it feels like his agent is incompetent, too.   Grant talked to an agent about Daniels agent and what he learmed was Daniels agent is a bit small time and he's breaking the cardinal rule which is don't become a problem for your client.

No red flags as far as I've heard on Daniels,

Regardless of JD, if his Mom is an issue then it will be an issue for the team.  Time for Maye, man!  

11 minutes ago, Tay said:

This is much more dramatic than I anticipated. Who knew!

Or it was never tracking that Daniels was assured of going at #2, and that’s the info that his camp is reacting to. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

If they're not in damage control mode why did another agent from the same firm quickly get on Twitter and say "FAKE NEWS!" to something that clearly happened?

I think they know this looks pretty damn bad. Maybe they hoped it wouldn't have legs but it certainly appears to.

How do you know its another agent from the same firm?

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

It's in their Twitter bios.

Oh wait so you clicked on the bois to get more info? Crazy! Its almost like a few word tweet got them crazy exposure! 

Wow! NO way that was the point lol 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Llevron said:

Oh wait so you clicked on the bois to get more info. Crazy! Its almost like a few word tweet got them crazy exposure! 

Wow! 

Athlete agenting is not a public-facing business, they don't need randos clicking on their profile. I know some agents and am working with a Hall of Fame player on some TV/film stuff. I have my own agents for screenwriting. These are heavily reputational and relationship-driven businesses and the rep should never be the story. Especially when this is causing negative swirl. It's amateurish at best and signals character concerns at worst. 

• Like 11

Just now, Llevron said:

Oh wait so you clicked on the bois to get more info. Crazy! Its almost like a few word tweet got them crazy exposure! 

Wow! 

"Crap, I was wrong and didn't do cursory research. Would a mea culpa be in order? Nah, I'll just pretend like the guys who did the 10 second cursory research are actually dopes for giving the people on Twitter more exposure instead!"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I heard the audio of him on McAfee. It was a hedge-your-bets moment for Shefty. #1. He's had Daniels to Washington. #2. Daniels since the outset has preferred something like playing for his old coach Pierce in LV. #3. Washington has the pick to take him if they want him. So.....go to #1.

Compared the calm and not showing their cards presser from yesterday. This feels like Shefty is hearing this stuff for sure..... just nothing from inside the org right now.

FWIW, Keim kind of debunked that LV rumor on his last podcast.  Said people he talked to about JD's preference was Commanders or Vikings because of the coaching staff.

• Like 1

I mean yall dont see how the "FAKE NEWS" in the middle of this was 100% to get attention? They are all over ESPN and yall think it was cause he didnt know people would notice? Stop 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW, Keim kind of debunked that LV rumor on his last podcast.  Said people he talked to about JD's preference was Commanders or Vikings because of the coaching staff.

Why do I have a really weird feeling that Keim has been coming from behind this entire process, thinking he's ahead of where he is with concern to the new FO?

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what I've heard and read Daniels is a good dude.  Very likeable, humble and coachable.

But his mom clearly is a red flag though and it feels like his agent is incompetent, too.   Grant talked to an agent about Daniels agent and what he learmed was Daniels agent is a bit small time and he's breaking the cardinal rule for agents which is don't become a problem for your client.

No red flags as far as I've heard on Maye.

Then the question becomes why he picked a small-time agent who clearly doesn't have the best judgment.

We know staffs care about who's in these kids circles. The mom and the agent are not going anywhere. How will they guide Jayden when things go poorly? We all remember RG3 and to a lesser extent Haskins (RIP) as well. It's a concern.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I am often wrong. I am a fallible human being.  Wow. Wasn't even hard to type that. Amazing.

If you asked socalskins to type that you'd probably get a different reaction.

5qGs2U.gif.b76f2742f271b2ac35f1efa254b9adc4.gif

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I mean yall dont see how the "FAKE NEWS" in the middle of this was 100% to get attention? They are all over ESPN and yall think it was cause he didnt know people would notice? Stop 

So in your opinion it's basically every possibility except clear damage control. I have no clue why this is a hill you're choosing to die on. The agent said/did something dumb. It got lots of negative attention. Someone else is coming to his defense in an attempt to control the fallout. Seems relatively straightforward and happens all the time in media.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Regardless of JD, if his Mom is an issue then it will be an issue for the team.  Time for Maye, man!  

If the team thinks JD is the best prospect, they shouldn't give a damn about his agent or his mom.

And they won't.

The list of players with complicated parents and agents is long.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Athlete agenting is not a public-facing business, they don't need randos clicking on their profile. I know some agents and am working with a Hall of Fame player on some TV/film stuff. I have my own agents for screenwriting. These are heavily reputational and relationship-driven businesses and the rep should never be the story. Especially when this is causing negative swirl. It's amateurish at best and signals character concerns at worst. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

"Crap, I was wrong and didn't do cursory research. Would a mea culpa be in order? Nah, I'll just pretend like the guys who did the 10 second cursory research are actually dopes for giving the people on Twitter more exposure instead!"

Yall are easily played. All they need is one new athlete or parent to see their names and remember them next time around and its worth it. Dude is going #2 or #3 overall most likely and now yall cant stop talking about his agency. Its free publicity and I guarantee not one team cares about this guys agent if they think he is that talented 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hooper said:

If the team thinks JD is the best prospect, they shouldn't give a damn about his agent or his mom.

And they won't.

Depends on how outsized a role she plays. If he's mostly shy and reserved and she...for lack of a better phrase..."wears the pants" and he does what she says and follows her lead then yeah, that could be problematic I'd think. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

And they won't.

You're correct, however, if the team believes the top two guys are neck-and-neck then this could be a determining factor.

It's impossible to say without knowing how they grade these guys against each other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yall are easily played. All they need is one new athlete or parent to see their names and remember them next time around and its worth it. Dude is going #2 or #3 overall most likely and now yall cant stop talking about his agency. Its free publicity and I guarantee not one team cares about this guys agent if they think he is that talented 

So you honestly think it's a good media strategy to potentially damage your clients draft position and potentially cost him millions of dollars just so you can get some extra attention on social media? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So in your opinion it's basically every possibility except clear damage control. I have no clue why this is a hill you're choosing to die on. The agent said/did something dumb. It got lots of negative attention. Someone else is coming to his defense in an attempt to control the fallout. Seems relatively straightforward and happens all the time in media.

You know what else is a straightforward concept that happens ALL the time in media? All publicity is good publicity. You didnt even know these dudes existed yesterday. You know im right. It makes just as much sense as damage control over a ****ing emoji lol 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I want Maye.

Hopefully that's who they want.  But if they want Daniels in their shoes I wouldn't let that stuff derail it.  Now if they saw it even, I'd use it to tip the balance.

• Like 2

I started my entertainment career at a talent agency and a famous TV agent once told me "all you have in this town are your taste and your word".

What you are saying is flat-out wrong I will trust my decade of experience in a similar business on this matter. But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, mistertim said:

So you honestly think it's a good media strategy to potentially damage your clients draft position and potentially cost him millions of dollars just so you can get some extra attention on social media? 

Explain the damage. Cause right now you have to be telling me that he is possibly going #2 over all and that his agents tweet messed that up. You really believe all of that? 

• Like 1