Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

We were there.

And because we were there, and we remember, this is unacceptable.

I'm going to try my best to put out some meaningful words on behalf of ALL of us, because hallowed ground was violated this week and it cannot be brushed under the rug with the other 99 controversies we've endured as fans, lo these many years.

Sean Taylor affected me (us) in a different way than anything sports has ever offered.  I'm not going to take you too far down memory lane, because we were there.  We remember.  But when *I* think of Sean, if I'm distilling it all down to some single nugget that can be stored away as a life lesson, a tree planted, a perennial garden of gentle correction, it's that it's never too late to turn it all around.  The one big thing that's always stuck with me about his story is that he changed his life for the better.  The birth of his daughter changed him into a better man, and it's inspiration I've needed at times in my own life.   He became a better man and he died a hero.

This week, Dan Synder weaponized Sean against us with stark nonchalance.  With hardly a thought, he used Sean as a life jacket to futilely attempt to distract us from the raging dumpster fire this organization has permanently become.  He thought to himself "how can I get them to pay attention to something else", he immediately thought of Sean, and he threw together a half assed attempt at pimping his memory out to the fanbase.  Don't even bother debating it...if there was any doubt as to the amateur hour that was unfolding, today revealed all. 

A couple numbers spray painted on a field with a couple ropes around them.  And when people stood and danced on them and took selfies for social media, no one bothered to stop them.  A half assed ceremony consisting of little more than a fake road sign and a jersey in a frame, with a video montage that any of us could put together in 5 mins playing in the background.  And Joe Gibbs or Gregg Williams nowhere to be found.

Did he think we forgot?  We were at the Bills game.  We were there when that beautiful montage came across the screen.  We heard Joe Gibbs ask God to take care of Sean, until we all get there.  We were there spinning those sacred towels in silence, over an over and over.  That game was a funeral, and we all lived it together.  I cried and I bet you did too.  

So when the news broke this week, it shocked me that I felt nothing.  NOTHING.  There was no twinge of sorrow, no special memory it all conjured up.  Just a big fat zero...and then the anger kicked in.  I asked myself why I felt nothing, why the well was empty.  And the answer was so simple it was painfully obvious; because it was all pure grade A bull****.  A hollow gesture that required our intelligence to be insulted if it were to be successful.  

Listen, we've suffered through A LOT of crap.  We all know the list, we all know the ways Dan has banged us out like Ron Jeremy time and time again.  But Sean is a CODE RED area that lives inside all of our hearts.  You don't disrespect Sean and just get away with it, whether you are a drunk asshole at a bar or the owner of the team.  I've been very disconnected the last few years, but the playoff push last year and the Rivera vibe and the Heinicke pylon drive brought me mostly back and it's been fun being fairly interested and hopeful in the team these last 10 months or so.  But a safe space has been assaulted by MicroPenis Danny Snyder and it's unforgivable this time.  I thought I could get past all the Wilkenson report and Bruce Allen crap because we had good people in the building now, but those same good people let this happen.  THEY ARE ALL COMPLICENT.  All of their hands are dirty and they cannot be washed clean of this mortal sin.  Our franchise is officially the embodiment of everything I hate, and I cannot take it anymore.  I guess I just thought Sean was off limits...I thought the there was a tiny scrap of decency that lived inside Snyder that would not violate this sacred ground, and once again, I've underestimated his douchebaggery.  

You played me again dude.  Congrats, but this is the last time.  I hope most of you feel the same way.  I hope most of you cannot stomach this absolute invasion of our last remaining emotional connection to this abysmal excuse for a franchise.  I hope you will draw the line here and stand with me when you say, "For THAT reason, I'm out".

Sell the team asshole.  Until you do...I'm done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

In an effort to *actually* remember Sean, please enjoy the tribute from the Bills game below.  Rest in peace, Sean.  You were a warrior on the field and died a hero off it.

366 fotografias e imagens de Sean Taylor Jogador De Futebol Americano -  Getty Images

Pin on Sean Taylor

Bleacher Report on Twitter: "“I went through the stands and threw up a  deuce-one. Because ... that's how I got to pay tribute every week. Showin'  him that we out here doin'

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 11
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

thru thick and thin.  I was raised during thick years (80s/91).  It turned south on a dime.  It could turn north the exact same way.  I will never give up on my team because the second I do, it’ll click, we’ll get a qb and I would’ve suffered 30 years for nada.  I holding strong.  It’s what real fans do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Long, long ago I became indifferent to this organization.   I think this is the week I turned angry, and decided I will actively root against this organization until Synder sells or relocates the team.   

Chiefs didn’t disappoint.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

thru thick and thin.  I was raised during thick years (80s/91).  It turned south on a dime.  It could turn north the exact same way.  I will never give up on my team because the second I do, it’ll click, we’ll get a qb and I would’ve suffered 30 years for nada.  I holding strong.  It’s what real fans do

I’m holding strong too (as much as i want to quit being a fan with every loss...) but maybe don’t say “it’s what real fans do”. Fans are fans in their own way. Leaving a team doesn’t make anyone a fake fan. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

my theory on fandom:  you follow a team you’re born into.  (Me)

you’re a latent fan that decides to follow the league and cheer for a successful team.

those are really the only true fans in my book.  
If you find yourself team changing…you’re a fan of something other than the team

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

you’re a latent fan that decides to follow the league and cheer for a successful team.

If you find yourself team changing…you’re a fan of something other than the team

I've had that attitude before.  Many times.  You wouldnt believe how many times.  I've just arrived at this rest stop sooner than you.  You'll get here eventually and you'll be shocked at how quickly it happened.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

I see this thread from someone every year, and I still wouldn't feel any kind of way if folks jumped back in at any point, like some did in 2012. 

Theres no doubt in my mind that Snyder doesn't read this forum, or maybe once upon a time did and got angry and never came back.  This "he's a fan" crap has to stop, because if he really was he never would've let Sean Taylor get disrespected like he was this week.

Look, if you want to go, go, I dont blame you, the door should be open when you come back without being called traitors or bandwagoners.  So much damage is being done to this fan base that it is entirely possible that it withers out and dies, we won't live forever, and there's barely if any new blood coming after us.

So go ahead, be free, jus dont **** on the folks who stay like you are smarter then them.  Point those darts where they belong.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So go ahead, be free, jus dont **** on the folks who stay like you are smarter then them.  Point those darts where they belong.

Did i miss something? If there were any darts, they seemed to be directed at Snyder and various other buffoons running this organization. I didn't take anything from the OP as being directed at any of us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dan was never a fan. He’s a fan of owning an nfl team and we just have the bad luck; the Skins were that team.

I was fan for about 11 years before Dan bought the team; so all crap Dan does won’t drive me from my team. I separate my love for team from every god damn thing Dan does.

Dan isn’t a human being. (mod edit of political comment---temp ban applied)

For those who leave; I don’t blame you.

15 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Truth. Was born in to it also. Had no choice, like a religion. My dads a Native American from the east coast and was a die hard Redskins fan and although he lived through the good years and thought he was handing off greatness to me, I was born in to this suffering. Well technically I was a kid in 91 but barely remember any of it. My first memories were of Gus and Michael Westbrook. Just pure pain. But can’t give up now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duffy said:

Did i miss something? If there were any darts, they seemed to be directed at Snyder and various other buffoons running this organization. I didn't take anything from the OP as being directed at any of us. 

You didn't miss anything because I didn't quote OP.

But historically folks come into the stadium from tailgate every once in a while to brag of how they broke free and we are suckers for still going to the game and giving Snyder our money. 

I hate that, it's fan civil war, and Dan is still owning this team because of it.  There will never be a protest because we can't agree on what a true fan is, like that matters at this point, were heading for extinction at this rate. All of us.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I see this thread from someone every year, and I still wouldn't feel any kind of way if folks jumped back in at any point, like some did in 2012. 

Theres no doubt in my mind that Snyder doesn't read this forum, or maybe once upon a time did and got angry and never came back.  This "he's a fan" crap has to stop, because if he really was he never would've let Sean Taylor get disrespected like he was this week.

Look, if you want to go, go, I dont blame you, the door should be open when you come back without being called traitors or bandwagoners.  So much damage is being done to this fan base that it is entirely possible that it withers out and dies, we won't live forever, and there's barely if any new blood coming after us.

I was hoping I made it clear enough but, this is different.  He used Sean against us.

I wont **** on anyone for sticking around. Ive been that guy about 57 times now, so no judgement.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I hope this helps you sleep at night because that’s the only place this sad, dick measuring you’re doing here matters. There is no such thing as a real fan even if it makes you feel better to believe you are somehow better than others lol. But good for you, Snyder is counting on “real fans” like you and laughing at you all the way to the bank. It’s why things won’t ever change with Snyder around because enough people like you are around to make sure he never has to 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Truth. Was born in to it also. Had no choice, like a religion. My dads a Native American from the east coast and was a die hard Redskins fan and although he lived through the good years and thought he was handing off greatness to me, I was born in to this suffering. Well technically I was a kid in 91 but barely remember any of it. My first memories were of Gus and Michael Westbrook. Just pure pain. But can’t give up now.

I remember how dominant we were in 91.  Quite possibly the best team ever.  No homer talk there….lots of gurus tend to agree.  I sweated thru the perennial playoff 80s where it seemed like every week was a nail biter but we were always in the playoffs contending.

I was born into every team I root for.  I loved it when we were winning.  I feel like I die with each loss lol but at the same time…it’s my team.  I’m not running out.  I don’t even consider it an option.  Lol.  Shoot…I don’t even have a 2d AFC team like a lot of folks.

the NFL is funny.  For those of us that have been around the game a while know just how quickly things can change.  that’s why what RR has been doin the past 1.5 years is so important.  

he’s building the constants that keep you in contention each year.  Eventually, we’ll catch the right chess piece to pull it all together.  Until then, keep the churn positive…establish an ID…but in to that ID…then plug and play from then on out

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope this helps you sleep at night because that’s the only place this sad, dick measuring you’re doing here matters. There is no such thing as a real fan even if it makes you feel better to believe you are somehow better than others lol. But good for you, Snyder is counting on “real fans” like you and laughing at you all the way to the bank. It’s why things won’t ever change with Snyder around because enough people like you are around to make sure he never has to 

Bro…you can’t be serious with that response.  I ain’t thin skinned by any means but your approach sir is not quite up to my attention standard lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t know how you can look at this team, compare it to last years team, and claim we have improved or even have something to build on.

Special teams, offense, and especially defense have all regressed. 

time for a rebuild guys. I bet we could get two firsts for chase young.

If we continue on our current trajectory, we’ll be one of the youngest teams in th nfl for the next few years.  The seeds have to grow.  Y’all crazy impatient.  I mean….all we all asked for was someone to come in and do what Ron’s doin.  We made a playoff appearance by accident last season.  We didn’t just need a new roof and siding.  We needed a total demolition and foundational rebuild.  It is happening.  With each season passed and the overall talent and speed being improved, the trenches being sured up.  

RR isn’t putting lipstick on a pig.  He’s balls deep in a rebuild and hitting more than he’s missing.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Bro…you can’t be serious with that response.  I ain’t thin skinned by any means but your approach sir is not quite up to my attention standard lol

Lol like we just supposed to believe the guy using tired cliches like “real fan” to judge others has any worthwhile standards? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I was hoping I made it clear enough but, this is different.  He used Sean against us.

I wont **** on anyone for sticking around. Ive been that guy about 57 times now, so no judgement.  

and he will again and again.   The biggest Skin still living is Joe Gibbs and Dan will trash that, when Gibbs dies.

Dan doesn't needs the fans.  He got his shared nfl money and as I said, when legalized sports beating is nationwide; the franchise value will double. He will get more money.

You knew Dan didn't give a **** from day one. Just look at all the **** he did in his first year, it fortold everything that would happen later.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lol like we just supposed to believe the guy using tired cliches like “real fan” to judge others has any worthwhile standards? 

I used to claim that people being negative weren’t true fans either. Then i grew up and realized everyone is a fan in their own way. If that’s choosing to leave a team because that team makes you sad/angry/whatever it may be, i respect that. No judging from me :) heck, I’m the stupid one for staying 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

and he will again and again.   The biggest Skin still living is Joe Gibbs and Dan will trash that, when Gibbs dies.

Dan doesn't needs the fans.  He got his shared nfl money and as I said, when legalized sports beating is nationwide; the franchise value will double. He will get more money.

You knew Dan didn't give a **** from day one. Just look at all the **** he did in his first year, it fortold everything that would happen later.

You're 100% correct and I truly dont want think about him defiling Gibbs.  God help us all.

• Like 1