Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2021 - Week 4 - Welcomes the restless, die hard drunken fans!!!

zCommander

Is it a must win game tomorrow probably not. Should we win tomorrow. Yes!!!

Hopefully the D shows up.

What you all drinking tonight?

I had a gyro platter and now just some rum and coke. 

Hoping for a wonderful game with less heartburns tomorrow. ☺️ :cheers:

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Day off with the lady tomorrow.   Somehow. In the restaurant industry that should be impossible. But we get to chill and watch the game.  Against one of the only "bad" teams on our schedule. 

Don't let me down boys.  DO something on defense.  If our linebackers suck so bad at covering then send them to the qb more often.  If our QB isn't so traditional then run not so traditional plays. Let him move and throw.  Do something.   Win.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Dirt said:

Day off with the lady tomorrow.   Somehow. In the restaurant industry that should be impossible. But we get to chill and watch the game.  Against one of the only "bad" teams on our schedule. 

Don't let me down boys.  DO something on defense.  If our linebackers suck so bad at covering then send them to the qb more often.  If our QB isn't so traditional then run not so traditional plays. Let him move and throw.  Do something.   Win.  

Enjoy your day off! A win would definitely make it more special too.

Hoping the D shows up too. Really would love a win tomorrow. 

I’m on board for the W. Time to right this ship and start playing sound football on D. And for the O to find a better balance of run/pass and put points on the board. Let’s Go WFT!

But the W is all that matters, Just Win Baby..!

No drinks for me tonight..

8am soccer match for the girls team, w/ a finals appearance at stake. The boys game at 12 so I’ll be a little late but I’ll be rootin hard for the good guys..

• Like 1

Tomorrow better be a win.  

Outside of Atlanta, I don't see how we win more than 1-2 games for the rest of the season.  Divisional games, throw the record out the window.  Dallas is going to run away with this thing, Philly and the Giants are average to bad.  We're bad, too.

Maybe 3 wins for the rest of the season, throw in a random upset somewhere.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

How can we lose tomm we are a better team than atl...

On paper we should. We also thought we could beat the Giants. It might be a close game. Would love a blow out or double digit win. 

Edited by zskins

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Umm....we DID beat the giants, didn’t we? Unless I’m mistaken....

Squeak by barely....lol

Not the kind of win I had in my mind.

Beating them silly would have been better though. 

Edited by zskins

I'm approaching this upcoming game with more of a long-run perspective, rather than "we need this win to keep competitive for a playoff spot this season."

I'll grant that it's a big game ... almost "must win."

But what I'm feeling is that this game is more like a "must improve" game -- because this young team is still developing its identity.  There are a lot of new players being introduced into this team, who will eventually become upgrades at positions Washington needed to improve/develop for the future.  They need to get really comfortable --almost instinctual -- with their roles, and keep feeling that they're on a winning team that's going places.  Developing confidence that they're winners in a team that's going to win even more in the future.

Let's not pass final judgement on everything based on one away game Washington "should" win.  Good teams routinely get screwed by home-town ref calls or some freak play that get them tagged with a loss.

To be clear, I like what I'm seeing in the rebuild of this franchise under Rivera -- and I want the team to see enough improvement to keep hope and to know that they're still in the process of gelling into perennial winners.  

The Washington fan base needs to be patient and not over-react to each win and/or loss -- because the team is still at least a year away from sorting out all the problems created by Gruden/Allen/Snyder management of this team. 

I like what I've seen from the decision-making in rebuilding this team; but people should not let last year's "playoff run" blind them to the fact Washington was in essentially "year-1" of a significant rebuild that's still coping with the aftermath of a lot of bad Allen/Snyderisms.  Washington is still on the road to establishing itself, and it's facing a much harder schedule this year. 

So I'm hoping the Team continues to improve against top-tier competition and grows in experience and confidence for the success of their play as a team. I think they'll take advantage of this game vs. Atlanta to realize just how good they can be, and grow in confidence in their system, coaches, and teammates.

I don't see a need to blow everything up yet again, and certainly not based of the win-loss record of this tough-schedule season.  I think Rivera & Co. have shown they know how to build a winner, given enough time.  Let's give them that time.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 4

For me, this is a must-win game. Not for standings or playoff chances, though. It's a must-win game for my outlook on the team, the coaches and the FO. They could lose to the Falcons and still win the division, but that's not really my focus.

The players, coaches and FO that I thought made up the team, would win this game. May be close, may be ugly, but they'd win it. That's what was so satisfying about the Giants win...I didn't give a **** if they were "lucky"...luck is as much a part of the game as injuries are (and the two often go hand in hand). But usually we'd lose to the Giants...we'd be the ones with TD-nullifying penalties or jumping offsides on a game-winning kick to chalk up yet another loss to Daniel Stinkin' Jones. But these players, coaches and FO put together just enough moments, just enough plays, and just enough moves to lead to that win. I expected at least that this season, no matter the record--win games that you have a realistic chance of winning, take advantage of the luck, overcome the mistakes. That was my expectation from the players, coaches and FO that I thought made up the team.

They lose to the Falcons.?...

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4

I'm not insomniatic about the Skins v Falcons...  oddly.  And that's a reflection of the poor product I've seen all year from the D.  Bad sign.

However, I'm a little more insomniatic about the MLB wildcard race.  Really need the Nats to beat the SOX!

Either way, let's just beat Matty Ice already and continue to question our identity at 2-2.

You will find out pretty quickly if defense has turned things around. If Atlanta either can’t score or having a hard time to score; then maybe the defense has righted the ship. Also, if they don’t just March down the field; will be positive.

If those things don’t happen and the defense continues to suck; then season is over. The defense won’t stop anyone and you probably only have 2-4 more wins to finish anywhere from 3-14 to 5-12. Rivera will have to be better in 22. He will be on the hot seat.  If no playoffs in 22; he needs to show enough improvement that you expect the team to breakthrough in 23.  If he doesn’t, he won’t be seeing year 4.

The worst thing to happen to this franchise was making the playoffs last year.