Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

We had 3 TOs and only had 31 yards in the 3rd Q, lost 2 DTs, already playing without Curl against a team with a potentially very explosive offense and only gave up 22 points.

I have no complaints about our defense.

Jags left at least another 10 points on the field possibly 14 or more. That would have been 30+ points for a team with a 2nd year qb, a banged up running back coming into the game (Robinson), essentially a rookie at the other back and Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, and Christian Kirk who don’t exactly scream awesome skilled players. 

You have to look to continue to improve the team even during the season regardless of any season ending injury. That’s what the Eagles did during their Superbowl year. 

• Thumb down 1

The numbers certainly were not there, but the D played at least well enough to put us in position to win. That is with the O turning the ball over multiple times and right on our own doorstep.

Of course we benefited greatly from playing the Jags and "I must have money on the other team" Etienne.

There is plenty to be worried about with this D in the event they face opposing teams that don't actively get in their own way, but at least for yesterday they were good enough. 3 points going into the half. Even 10 w/ that absolute gift aint too bad either.

Jags were struggling w/ kicking all preseason and had their kicker settings on shuffle. That missed FG was a inevitability.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Jags left at least another 10 points on the field possibly 14 or more. That would have been 30+ points for a team with a 2nd year qb, a banged up running back coming into the game (Robinson), essentially a rookie at the other back and Marvin Jones, Zay Jones, and Christian Kirk who don’t exactly scream awesome skilled players. 

You have to look to continue to improve the team even during the season regardless of any season ending injury. That’s what the Eagles did during their Superbowl year. 

If you don't want to jump on the band wagon when we're 1-0, don't come back knocking when we're 4-5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If you don't want to jump on the band wagon when we're 1-0, don't come back knocking when we're 4-5.

What are you talking about it? I’m an objective fan, not some bandwagon fan. I don’t look at the team thru rosey colored glasses. We won yesterday but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be looking at improving the defense. Plenty of opportunities to improve the defense especially with St Juste and Jamin. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

What are you talking about it? I’m an objective fan, not some bandwagon fan. I don’t look at the team thru rosey colored glasses. We won yesterday but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be looking at improving the defense. Plenty of opportunities to improve the defense especially with St Juste and Jamin. 

I think KB was really just waiting to use that joke. Don't think he was calling you a bandwagon fan.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

No. We should never ever think about improving our defense. Or any other part of our team. It's absolutely perfect!

Was that a good response to the question nobody asked, yet you seem to imply?

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

KB has been storing that joke in his pocket since early summer.

10 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I think KB was really just waiting to use that joke. Don't think he was calling you a bandwagon fan.

Actually, I read it on twitter about the giants about 56 seconds before I wrote that post.  :ols:

You'll see it again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm on and off the bandwagon in the game day thread so much that it reminds me of paddle boarding.

I'm terrible at paddle boarding, but at least I'm falling into the caribbean sea and not a bucket of rum like the in the game day thread.

I haven't finished a close game since 1991. It's pathetic. I walk away or shut it off because of anger issues.

I'll check the final score and if they win, then I'll go watch the replay.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe it’s a joke but I don’t get it. He said we won yesterday and he has no complaints about the defense. I responded that our defense can’t play like it did yesterday. 

If he wants to say let’s enjoy the win. Fine but it’s the 1st game against a team on paper we were favored to win. I’m on cloud 9 after the win but also realistic to understand we didn’t win crap yesterday. Hopefully the team doesn’t sit on it’s laurels replacing Mathis and trying to figure out a way to get Jamin corrected. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This defense is crying out for a lights out stud playing at either LB and/or DB. Just that over the top dynamic player to lift the overall talent level. 

A Minkah Fitzpatrick type player would look damn great on our D. 

Correction: a “Sean Taylor” type player would look damn great on our D.

30 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Hopefully the team doesn’t sit on it’s laurels replacing Mathis and trying to figure out a way to get Jamin corrected. 

They'll have to add a DL or 2. 

I've said it before, LB'ers are too slow to react. Holcomb is limited. They need to revamp the LB'er group and find a better QB for the defense. Jamin is an over-drafted project.

I agree with those that don't believe they'll add any older guys, but two things will change that:

1- Injuries

2- Winning (Because they see they're only 1 player away from contention.

Right now this defense can't beat enough offenses to be in serious contention. This much is clear. As clear as it is that the offense is ready to contend.

• Thumb up 2

51 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This defense is crying out for a lights out stud playing at either LB and/or DB. Just that over the top dynamic player to lift the overall talent level. 

A Minkah Fitzpatrick type player would look damn great on our D. 

Roquan Smith would probably be that guy but I don't see the Bears trading him.

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Roquan Smith would probably be that guy but I don't see the Bears trading him.

We should have traded for him a few weeks back. It’s time for the Jamin Davis experiment to end but don’t think that will happen as Ron seemed to shy away about a question of why Jamin was covering the slot during his presser today. 

Maybe they think if they can build confidence in Jamin, it will help. After last year Jamin may be battered goods. 

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

We should have traded for him a few weeks back. It’s time for the Jamin Davis experiment to end but don’t think that will happen as Ron seemed to shy away about a question of why Jamin was covering the slot during his presser today. 

Maybe they think if they can build confidence in Jamin, it will help. After last year Jamin may be battered goods. 

Trade would have to be Davis and a pick. If Chicago has any interest in Davis, it is a trade that could make sense for both sides as Chicago is a rebuilding team that is currently trying to stack young talent correctly

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That video makes me like him even more. He is pushing back a lineman clearly bigger than he is, while Tampa has to dedicate a second chip to contain him. That's on top of his two sacks and constant pressure. 

Edited by dyst

15 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Maybe it’s a joke but I don’t get it. He said we won yesterday and he has no complaints about the defense. I responded that our defense can’t play like it did yesterday. 

If he wants to say let’s enjoy the win. Fine but it’s the 1st game against a team on paper we were favored to win. I’m on cloud 9 after the win but also realistic to understand we didn’t win crap yesterday. Hopefully the team doesn’t sit on it’s laurels replacing Mathis and trying to figure out a way to get Jamin corrected. 

First off, you are quoting me and then talking to me about me, which is just ****ing weird.

Second, I didn't say that our defense is great. I said they played fine for what it is.

I have never said that our defense couldn't be improved upon or that it was perfect. I said they did fine for what it was.

I chose to be happy and enjoy the win, you chose to be a dramatic miserable **** about the win and that's fine and does fit your posting style.

But don't be harshing my mellow mehson.