Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Norm MacDonald

spjunkies

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Dirty Work was the ultimate comedy to 13 year old me.  Still makes me laugh to this day although the juvenile homophobia didn't age very well.

Dirty Work was terrible, but even at 41, I still laugh when "I've never seen so many dead hookers in all my life" pops into my brain.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Dirty Work was terrible, but even at 41, I still laugh when "I've never seen so many dead hookers in all my life" pops into my brain.

Yep.  Same thing happens to me when I think about Chris Farley summoning those skunks, or whatever the Hell he was doing.  Even as I write this I can't stop laughing while picturing it.

Something about Norm McDonald made you fond of him even when he was being annoying.  Contrast that to Adam Sandler, who makes you shudder and want to strangle him just to get him to stop.  Norm had a sweetness to him that was very winning and sincere.  Everyone liked him and that's why the news of his death hits different for so many people.  It feels like we lost our funny friend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

RIP. SNL is what I remember him most for. Funny guy, super dry deadpan delivery. I'm sure he was a great stand up comedian, never saw him, I'll have to find some of his stuff.

This was right before venues got shut down because of the pandemic.

This will make ya feel better if you like the booze a lil too much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1