Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

How is it concerning? It’s literally the same thing since 1992 and really since 1984. The only thing we have had close to a franchise QB was Jay Schroeder and his attitude was horrible. Rypien was mostly mediocre and with the exception of 4 games, Doug Williams was putrid here. Bobby Beathard never drafted one and neither did Charlie Casserly. This team is not getting a franchise QB. Put that dream to rest. The best we can hope for is getting hot at the end of a season and catch some teams off guard in the playoffs and make some noise on a lucky run. That’s it. That’s the best it will get. Last year is the ceiling not the foundation to grow from.

It's concerning because the new sheriff in town sounds like his plan is to build the roster and then find a vet off the scrap heap. In other words business as usual for a team who has been looking for a true franchise QB since Joe Theisman. And their record reflects their QB situation, it's no coincidence that the teams who don't have a QB year after year struggle.  

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It's concerning because the new sheriff in town sounds like his plan is to build the roster and then find a vet off the scrap heap. In other words business as usual for a team who has been looking for a true franchise QB since Joe Theisman. And their record reflects their QB situation, it's no coincidence that the teams who don't have a QB year after year struggle.  

Rivera will never have a franchise QB unless we trade for Rodgers. If we draft one, Scott Turner will get a head coaching job the offseason after the QB has a good season and he will then have to learn a new system and regress. The fans will then call him a bust and eat him alive and he will lose confidence and suck.  This isn’t your first rodeo. You know how it works around here. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Rivera will never have a franchise QB unless we trade for Rodgers. If we draft one, Scott Turner will get a head coaching job the offseason after the QB has a good season and he will then have to learn a new system and regress. The fans will then call him a bust and eat him alive and he will lose confidence and suck.  This isn’t your first rodeo. You know how it works around here. 

Most likely if that were the case whichever OC we hire would just run the same system as Turner's.

3 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I do think we can win some unexpected games this year and keep ourselves in it as long as the Cowboys falter. If we can get to the final 5 game stretch neck and neck with them, then all we need to do is sweep the NFC east. There I go again talking nonsense.

Crack is wack yo!

9 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

They will install new bathroom stall dividers, new paper towel dispensers, re paint the parking lot lines and then rename Fed Ex (new sponsor Piggly Wiggly food stores). This will be our new stadium unveil, trot out the Armada logo and call it quits. 

A few other rumors Ive heard;

New team colors will be beige.

Bring in momma June to choreograph the dance team formally known as Redskinettes

Reinforce the stadium view blocking pillars, make the wider to block more of the view.

Marketing campaign in other NFL cities to sell more tickets to opposing fan bases because they are currently under represented at Fed Ex.

Raise concession prices because why not?

Block Wi-Fi access in the stadium to allow fans to more easily concentrate on team ineptness.

Expand and remodel Snyder's luxury box.

Anyone else heard any other rumors?

Washington RedHogs sponsored by Piggly Wiggly! James Sawyer Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

I do think we can win some unexpected games this year and keep ourselves in it as long as the Cowboys falter. If we can get to the final 5 game stretch neck and neck with them, then all we need to do is sweep the NFC east. There I go again talking nonsense.

Not going to happen unless something happens to Dak.  His superior play thus far this season I feel is a result of me being happy during training camp, when there were rumblings that he wasn't going to be 100% this season, if at all.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not going to happen unless something happens to Dak.  His superior play thus far this season I feel is a result of me being happy during training camp, when there were rumblings that he wasn't going to be 100% this season, if at all.

I'm pretty happy with what I have seen from Dallas so far.  But I have become accustomed to expecting things to turn bad for Dallas in a hurry.  I have seen rookies like Zeek and Vander Esch dominate to the point they are named All-pro their first season... only to find out that was their peak, and show a rapid decline.  Best OL in the NFL one year, OL becomes a weakness the next.  Draft all-pro lineman... just to learn about a rare disease that ends his career a few years later.  Have the most accurate kicker of all time?  Wait 3 weeks and deal with every extra point feeling like a coin flip.

I enjoy it when Dallas looks good.  But I know that three weeks from now, they may look like complete trash.

4 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I'm pretty happy with what I have seen from Dallas so far.  But I have become accustomed to expecting things to turn bad for Dallas in a hurry.  I have seen rookies like Zeek and Vander Esch dominate to the point they are named All-pro their first season... only to find out that was their peak, and show a rapid decline.  Best OL in the NFL one year, OL becomes a weakness the next.  Draft all-pro lineman... just to learn about a rare disease that ends his career a few years later.  Have the most accurate kicker of all time?  Wait 3 weeks and deal with every extra point feeling like a coin flip.

I enjoy it when Dallas looks good.  But I know that three weeks from now, they may look like complete trash.

Oh, don’t get me wrong…I don’t expect Dallas to truly compete come seasons end in any meaningful games.

But they should be able to sleep walk through this division.

• Like 1

Getting Curtis Samuel back will be a boost if he is truly 100% but I don't want him trying to force himself back to have a 2 catch for 25 yards 1st half and then reinjure himself for the effort.

Also, it's way too early to ring the alarm bells on Dyami Brown, but for a WR with that kind of speed, I just don't get how they aren't finding ways to get him involved in the offense more right out of the gate.  When McLaurin came into the league he was not predicted to be the WR he has already turned into, but he basically told the world who he was the very first game he stepped on the field.  I don't think every single WR has to do that necessarily but lets compare Brown to say.....Lamb on the Cowboys.  Lamb isn't lighting the world on fire or anything, but he is contributing several catches every game, sometimes 1-2 big ones.  So I am not sure if there is something about the offense itself that is harder to learn than some other offenses or if Brown himself is having issues at the present time, but with his physical attirbutes, you'd think there would be way more opportunities at this stage, especially with McLaurin often being double or more.  Once Samuel is also in the lineup and it pushes Brown to go up against the 3rd corner or slot corner, maybe that will make a difference?

We definitely struck gold with  Scary Terry, but at the same time it also makes us remember how long we struck out on WR draft picks over the last 20 years until McLaurin. 

Edited by NoCalMike

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Getting Curtis Samuel back will be a boost if he is truly 100% but I don't want him trying to force himself back to have a 2 catch for 25 yards 1st half and then reinjure himself for the effort.

Also, it's way too early to ring the alarm bells on Dyami Brown, but for a WR with that kind of speed, I just don't get how they aren't finding ways to get him involved in the offense more right out of the gate.  When McLaurin came into the league he was not predicted to be the WR he has already turned into, but he basically told the world who he was the very first game he stepped on the field.  I don't think every single WR has to do that necessarily but lets compare Brown to say.....Lamb on the Cowboys.  Lamb isn't lighting the world on fire or anything, but he is contributing several catches every game, sometimes 1-2 big ones.  So I am not sure if there is something about the offense itself that is harder to learn than some other offenses or if Brown himself is having issues at the present time, but with his physical attirbutes, you'd think there would be way more opportunities at this stage, especially with McLaurin often being double or more.  Once Samuel is also in the lineup and it pushes Brown to go up against the 3rd corner or slot corner, maybe that will make a difference?

Brown is a third round pick. Most of those guys don't contribute much their first couple years. You're comparing him to CD Lamb who was a super prospect in a loaded WR draft class and has been killing it from day 1.

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Brown is a third round pick. Most of those guys don't contribute much their first couple years. You're comparing him to CD Lamb who was a super prospect in a loaded WR draft class and has been killing it from day 1.

Only in the sense that I feel like when you draft someone with explosive play making ability, you find ways to get them involved.  It doesn't mean I expect him to be out there catching 8 passes for 85 yards every game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, still frustrated. Frustrated that the coaching staff believed the defense was anything other than a mediocre to bad defense that got lucky facing crap backup QBs last year. Frustrated that (some? Most? All?) of us believed the hype as well. 

ugh. Its upsetting. Frustrating. Depressing. 

• Haha 1

I am just resigned. I predicted 8-8-1 and 3rd in division and no playoffs. Slow start but we rally at the end. I took a wait and see with the defense; saying that last year's high rated defense  was due to mostly playing weak opponents. Many teams were on their backup Qbs.  Well, have found out quickly how bad the defense really is. Ironically, when the offense clicks; it does well. I fully expect the offense to go as far as limitations of TH take us.

Ron just botched so many things this year. I am resigned to the fact that if Ron doesn't make a course correction next year and show signicant improvement; his tenure will end. 2 out of the last 3 coaches Dan has hired; were coaches who got fired from their last jobs.  I didn't expect playoffs this year because Dan has never had consecutive playoff years.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 3

Yep. Frustrated for sure!

Tired of looking towards draft prospects and team needs mid-October.

Saddened to think a defensive minded coach can build the right environment for a young QB to turn a franchise around.

Resign myself to a team built for defense, a strong run game and a “Dilfer-esque” QB managing the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

Yep. Frustrated for sure!

Tired of looking towards draft prospects and team needs mid-October.

Saddened to think a defensive minded coach can build the right environment for a young QB to turn a franchise around.

Resign myself to a team built for defense, a strong run game and a “Dilfer-esque” QB managing the game.

And that was a mistake in an offensive heavy league.   Defense can only take you so far now. You can't win a Superbowl the way the 2000 Ravens did. Thing is, we don't even have a defense.

41 minutes ago, Redwolves92 said:

Anyone see that rivera quote today where he almost wishes they didnt win the division last year? Why does he care about our expectations? I dont think he will turn things around with that weak mindset. His and JDR’s coaching style is outdated and soft. 

I wouldn't have said it publicly like he did, but I bet that a majority of what's left of the fan base is thinking the same thing today.  If we don't win the division last year, we would've been picking in the top 12, and might have been in better position to draft a Micah Parsons, or even one of the QB's that went before our pick (Justin Fields, Mac Jones).  As it stands, we were left to pick in no man's land territory (Pick 19), and reached for a LB, who isn't even seeing a majority of the snaps though Week 5.  Meanwhile, the Giants and Eagles were able to shore up draft capital by losing the division and trading back.  The Cowboys got what looks to be the DROY in Micah Parsons by also missing out on winning the division. 

Our division title hurt us pretty bad on several fronts.  First of all, it gave everyone a false sense of expectations as to what the team was capable of, when in reality that 7-9 record was achieved by beating mostly back-up QB's and playing what turned out to be a very easy schedule.  The second thing that hurts is that we basically took ourselves out of trading up for a franchise QB.  This past draft had a lot of promising QB's in the first round in which to select from, and give the fan base and the team a hopeful outlook on building a competitor.  Not only were we too far back in the draft to try to trade up, but our division opponents (Giants and Eagles) took advantage of picking in that 6-13 area in the draft to move back and pick up additional picks for next year.  This means that next year when we are trying to make a move for a rookie QB in the draft, we will not have the same draft capital as the Eagles, who have 3 picks in the 1st round, or NYG who have 2 picks in the 1st round.  We will not be able to get a quality QB in the first round in 2022.  This also has an affect on QB's who will seek to be traded next offseason too.  We don't have the ammo to compete with other teams to try and get a veteran QB like Rodgers or Watson, because we will need multiple 1st and 2nd round picks to do so.

Edited by samy316