Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Trent of all people almost lost it.

In fact they almost lost that game a dozen times.

It wasn’t on Trent.  He went in motion and was about to get set and Jimmy snapped the ball.  Trent didn’t jump.  It was an illegal shift penalty.  

And there was more than enough time for Jimmy to check that Trent had gotten set and then snap the ball.

That’s entirely on the QB.  He is the one who calls for the motion, and has to be aware when it’s complete.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It wasn’t on Trent.  He went in motion and was about to get set and Jimmy snapped the ball.  Trent didn’t jump.  It was an illegal shift penalty.  

And there was more than enough time for Jimmy to check that Trent had gotten set and then snap the ball.

That’s entirely on the QB.  He is the one who calls for the motion, and has to be aware when it’s complete.

So are there still some people here that want to trade for Jimmy ?

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it's Jimmy having it snapped too early. But it also looked like the point of the motion and everything was to catch Dallas off guard. So the idea of him having plenty of time to let Trent get set is a little overblown. They wanted it snapped quick so he'd sneak it through easily while Dallas was trying to adjust. They just snapped it a hair too quick.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's about my limit too.

And any trade should be predicated on him renegotiating his contract before a deal is finalized. No way he would merit $25 mil+ on the FA market so no way should you trade for the right to pay him that. 

To be clear, this means a pay cut, not a restructure. He's not worth his salary. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why would you put your LT in motion?  Line up and smash forward four inches.

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Damn, you sound like me...I had cleaned both bathrooms yesterday, so it's kitty litter tonight :ols:

Lolz, I was supposed to been done with the bathroom, but wife had to take the longest **** possible and came out smiling at me.  I squinted at her and smiled back.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dunfer said:

nfl needs to hammer down on that

If a player gets fined for simply criticizing a call by a ref, then where does it fall, if a player encourages his fans to throw junk at refs ?

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I thought that too, and guessed maybe Kyle was trying to be cute and try to fool the defense into thinking they were going heavy OL on the right and running right instead of the sneak ? That way they draw more defenders away from the middle ?

Just a guess.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If a player gets fined for simply criticizing a call by a ref, then where does it fall, if a player encourages his fans to throw junk at refs ?

Cowboys players complained about the Refs in Cardinals game and nothing happened..They're suppose to be fined for criticizing the Refs

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I get that. But they did.  So it’s on the qB not to ask fir the snap until the LT (who’s technically the TE in that set) is set.

I don’t know WHY they did it.  But it doesn’t matter.  If Jimmy waits .5 seconds longer, it’s not a penalty and the game is over.

• Like 2