Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

25 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Hey I was scanning the NFL rules for OT and couldn't find a clear answer, maybe it is just lost in all the text I am reading.

So what happens if in OT, the team that receives the ball takes the entire amount of time to go down the field and kick a FG.  If they make the FG with time expiring, doesn't it mean the other team never got a possession?  

I was just asking this question.  The rule was the other team gets a possession unless a TD is scored.   So if they didn’t get a possession wouldn’t that break the nfl rules?

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I was just asking this question.  The rule was the other team gets a possession unless a TD is scored.   So if they didn’t get a possession wouldn’t that break the nfl rules?

But the other team had the chance to stop them and couldn't so wouldn't get a chance for a possession is how I take it. 

10 minutes ago, zskins said:

But the other team had the chance to stop them and couldn't so wouldn't get a chance for a possession is how I take it. 

But the rule states both teams will possess the football unless the team scores a touchdown. Which if they get a field goal they didn’t. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

17 minutes ago, zskins said:

That is why I was trying to scan over the rules on the NFL website to see about any possible exceptions to the rule about both teams getting a possession.  The only thing I could find semi-related is that if you start out on defense and get a safety, that subs in for your possession/points so if the team scores a FG on ensuring drive, they win still.

I couldn't find any exceptions about time expiring after only a single possession.  I assume by default it means Team A wins, but I had just expected to see that explicitly said in the rules and I couldn't find it.

Edited by NoCalMike

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That is why I was trying to scan over the rules on the NFL website to see about any possible exceptions to the rule about both teams getting a possession.  The only thing I could find semi-related is that if you start out on defense and get a safety, that subs in for your possession/points so if the team scores a FG on ensuring drive, they win still.

I couldn't find any exceptions about time expiring after only a single possession.  I assume by default it means Team A wins, but I had just expected to see that explicitly said in the rules and I couldn't find it.

I don’t think your first scenario is correct.  If there is a safety, the game’s over right?  Team A has the ball.  Team B tackles them in the endzone.  Safety.  Team B is up by two.  Team A has had a possession.  Team A would then free kick to Team B.  But Team B is winning.  Wouldn’t the game be over?

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Andre Roberts 🤣

Surprised he's still around honestly. 

Took one to the house last week.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I don’t think your first scenario is correct.  If there is a safety, the game’s over right?  Team A has the ball.  Team B tackles them in the endzone.  Safety.  Team B is up by two.  Team A has had a possession.  Team A would then free kick to Team B.  But Team B is winning.  Wouldn’t the game be over?

Team A loses on safety as both team technically had the ball.  Team A turned it over resulting in a score.  Like a pick 6.  The question is about if A gets the ball and holds it the entire time without scoring a TD shouldn’t B get a chance? 

I turned the game on for about 5 plays and saw Carr throw 3 passes, just quick darts to guys about 10 yards down the field, and thought “there is just no way TH could make any of those passes.  You can’t even call the play”

And I don’t think Carr has a huge arm.  It’s above average but not a cannon.

The comparison was just so stark.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I turned the game on for about 5 plays and saw Carr throw 3 passes, just quick darts to guys about 10 yards down the field, and thought “there is just no way TH could make any of those passes.  You can’t even call the play”

And I don’t think Carr has a huge arm.  It’s above average but not a cannon.

The comparison was just so stark.

Is that the second throw you are talking about he can't do? If you watch the whole video there are quite a few darts TH throws. 

Edited by zskins

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I like some aggression on 4th downs, but that was just rock headed  idiocy. 

Yeah for real. You have to factor in risk/reward as well. Even if you convert, you're still at your own 25 yard line. And if you don't, you're guaranteed giving up points. Its just bad value.

• Thumb up 1