Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

For everyone watching the 49ers@Rams game, this is exactly why I don't even get mad or embarrassed when visiting team fans take over Fed Ex anymore. The Rams have a slim chance to win the division, going to the playoffs regardless, yet their stadium is filled with at least as much if not more 49ers fans.  At least WFT has the excuse of fielding a team no one wants to pay money for.  This is just a modern era issue as it has become too lucrative for people to sell off their tickets on the secondary market to desperate fans of the visiting teams.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For everyone watching the 49ers@Rams game, this is exactly why I don't even get mad or embarrassed when visiting team fans take over Fed Ex anymore. The Rams have a slim chance to win the division, going to the playoffs regardless, yet their stadium is filled with at least as much if not more 49ers fans.  At least WFT has the excuse of fielding a team no one wants to pay money for.  This is just a modern era issue as it has become too lucrative for people to sell off their tickets on the secondary market to desperate fans of the visiting teams.

LA is the worst sports town in the country.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

LA sucks as a sports town.  Everyone takes over their houses. 

It's not just the Rams though, was using them as an example since I assume that game is being watched by the world right now.  I would say besides a small handful of stadiums like in Green Bay or Pittsburgh it's been pretty normal for visiting fans to have a huge presence everywhere. 

The Rams are the weirdest 12-4 team right now.  It's like they go from looking like they are a championship contender to looking lost on the field.  Not just this game but in a lot of games this season.

Edited by NoCalMike

Wow of all people to underthrow a ball, I was not expecting it from Stafford.  If anything I figured he was throwing it over the top and hoping ODBJr would track it.  Not sure if Stafford had a pass rush in his face to where he had to throw the ball on a more rainbow trajectory because ODB was open.

Edited by NoCalMike

Hey I was scanning the NFL rules for OT and couldn't find a clear answer, maybe it is just lost in all the text I am reading.

So what happens if in OT, the team that receives the ball takes the entire amount of time to go down the field and kick a FG.  If they make the FG with time expiring, doesn't it mean the other team never got a possession?  

No Cal, I think so. Why they went to 10 minutes in OT is beyond me. I also dislike having the 2 min warning in OT.

Also, anyone know if the result of tonight's game impacts seeding, presuming it isn't a tie? I guess Pitt will go to KC, but do we definitely know where NE goes?

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

No Cal, I think so. Why they went to 10 minutes in OT is beyond me. I also dislike having the 2 min warning in OT.

Also, anyone know if the result of tonight's game impacts seeding, presuming it isn't a tie? I guess Pitt will go to KC, but do we definitely know where NE goes?

Pretty sure a Raiders win knocks the Patriots down to 6.