Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Eh..every NFL team gets exactly the same salary cap. It's not like the big market Rams are bullying small market teams the way you can in MLB. 

That's not the point, both teams are trying year after year to buy championships.

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

If the Rams want to push their chips in and go all in, I say go for it. The Bucs did the same thing... they just had TB12 on their side. 

I can't think of too many folks that liked that outside of Tampa Bay.  Even then, the original point is the Rams don't have the results to back this plan up, and some of it looks desperate versus building a long term winner.  Eventually you run out of draft picks to barter.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They are selling the farm to win a ring, by their own standards and double downs, no, no its not.  Its like judging the Dodgers, as aggressive and how much money they spend, wouldn't you expect multiple rings instead of only one this century?  The Dodgers get a lot of hate for how they roll, why shouldn't the rams?

Rams play alot of NFL Madden I guess lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Eh..every NFL team gets exactly the same salary cap. It's not like the big market Rams are bullying small market teams the way you can in MLB. 

I think the Rams have a strategy of trying to go around the salary cap to build their team.  The most recent move for Miller included a large restructure that had the Broncos paying most of the contract for Miller.  That is why the Broncos got so much for a player Miller's age.

It costs them a lot of draft capital, but they seem to want the salary cap room more than they want draft picks.  So, all teams get the same salary cap, but it is also possible to have other teams use their salary cap to cover players that are playing the season for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I think the Rams have a strategy of trying to go around the salary cap to build their team.  The most recent move for Miller included a large restructure that had the Broncos paying most of the contract for Miller.  That is why the Broncos got so much for a player Miller's age.

It costs them a lot of draft capital, but they seem to want the salary cap room more than they want draft picks.  So, all teams get the same salary cap, but it is also possible to have other teams use their salary cap to cover players that are playing the season for you.

Yeah you are definitely gonna see more teams trying to manipulate the cap.  I seem to remember one team getting severely punished for that for “competitive spirit”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

I'm sorry, but Justin Fields sucks!!!

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

*Bustin Fields. He stinks. I am glad we didn't trade up for him. I think our real targets were Lance and Jones anyway.

1 hour ago, Redd said:

I remember how some wanted the WFT to trade up for him.

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Hell I remember being told I was being ridiculous saying stop getting osu QBs because they never do well in the NFL.  I was told I was suffering Haskins post traumatic feelings.  There’s were a bunch that were screaming for fields. 

And this is why I worry about WFT drafting a QB. Zero patience. Dude is a rookie. 

I’d say the same about any of them right now, for what it’s worth.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

And this is why I worry about WFT drafting a QB. Zero patience. Dude is a rookie. 

I’d say the same about any of them right now, for what it’s worth.

It’s not that.  It’s clear that certain QBs benefitted greatly from the talent they had around them before the NFL where they had vastly superior talent to their weekly opponents.  OSU is stacked every year.  Notice how their other positions do well. Their QBs never do well. Most have awful mechanics and look average at best when facing good teams. 

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

It’s not that.  It’s clear that certain QBs benefitted greatly from the talent they had around them before the NFL where they had vastly superior talent to their weekly opponents.  OSU is stacked every year.  Notice how their other positions do well. Their QBs never do well. Most have awful mechanics and look average at best when facing good teams. 

Again. He’s a rookie. Zach Wilson has almost identical stats minus sacks taken. Jones/Lawrence have thrown double the passes and the numbers shake out fairly similarly. Jones is clearly the best right now. Then it’s a total cluster. Lawrence isn’t exactly lighting the league on fire.

You may wind up being right. But it’s way too early to call it yet.

That was a really nice throw by fields to setup the go-ahead TD. 

Try to convince me the Packers wouldn't rather have Fields sitting behind Rodgers then Love, please try.

The arguement that some QBs are used to having weapons then as prospects in the NFL are given none then fail happens all the time from franchises that are stupid.

• Like 3