Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

45 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

GB is a complete mess...

So is Mahomes. He's in a serious funk, man. Like a different QB this year. 

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

All week long on 106.7, all you heard was "I can't wait to see Jordan Love!". Nothing to see here, folks.

Green Bay really hoping Joe Rogans medical advice is sound. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is not much discernible difference between Heinicke and Garopolo either. I'm not saying one is better than the other, honestly they're probably on the same tier.

If you don't have a GUY at QB they're all kinda the same mediocre mess at best.

More proof we should have played Kyle Allen. If he turned out as good as Heinicke, we could have turned him for a draft pick or two to a desperate team lol

• Confused 2

Adrian Peterson has been granted an unexpected chance to extend his career.  He is 450 yards behind Barry Sanders on the all time list.  He steps into Henry's role in the Titans offense tonight.

Any predictions on if AD will pass Sanders this season?  I'm rooting for it, but I put his chances at less than 50%.

Didn’t watch any of the games today cause i was in NY visiting sister and brother-in-law (last minute trip for the bye weekend) and it honestly felt good to get away from NFL games for the day. Checked in on the score of the 1:00 games around 3:30 while waiting for Amtrak but other than that i havent watched any football until this titans rams game, and even then I’m only looking up periodically here at a bar. 

Happy to see Dallas and Philly lost though, as meaningless as that is to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I respect the Rams front office keeping the pedal to the metal, but they become a team thats easy to hate because of the lack of results.  All this wheeling and dealing and they aren't even winning their division right now.

It’s like us in the late90s-early 2000s.  Trying to stack the deck by getting every high profile/star you can. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

It’s like us in the late90s-early 2000s.  Trying to stack the deck by getting every high profile/star you can. 

Not really the same. Ramsey is in his prime. Miller can still play too. And Stafford is a stud QB. They aren't signing guys like Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders that were completely done by the time they got here.

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

but they become a team thats easy to hate because of the lack of results.

I mean, they've made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years, went to the divisional round, then the super bowl, and are currently 7-1 this year. I'd say they've had some good results. 

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not really the same. Ramsey is in his prime. Miller can still play too. And Stafford is a stud QB. They aren't signing guys like Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders that were completely done by the time they got here.

Nah, they are pluging holes with names and throwing away draft picks to do it without the results to back it up.  This franchise has super bowl aspirations and getting creamed at home, I'd say it's close enough and not a place I'd want to be. Trading a 2nd and 3rd for Miller who's 32 makes no sense, hes not who he used to be, and it screams desperation. thats not a formula for building a long term winning program. 

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I mean, they've made the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years, went to the divisional round, then the super bowl, and are currently 7-1 this year. I'd say they've had some good results. 

They are selling the farm to win a ring, by their own standards and double downs, no, no its not.  Its like judging the Dodgers, as aggressive and how much money they spend, wouldn't you expect multiple rings instead of only one this century?  The Dodgers get a lot of hate for how they roll, why shouldn't the rams?

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They are selling the farm to win a ring, by their own standards and double downs, no, no its not.  Its like judging the Dodgers, as aggressive and how much money they spend, wouldn't you expect multiple rings instead of only one this century?  The Dodgers get a lot of hate for how they roll, why shouldn't the rams?

Eh..every NFL team gets exactly the same salary cap. It's not like the big market Rams are bullying small market teams the way you can in MLB. 

If the Rams want to push their chips in and go all in, I say go for it. The Bucs did the same thing... they just had TB12 on their side. 

• Like 2