Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most iconic photo representing America

Larry

I just thought it fitting.  It is a marriage of liberty and justice as in "liberty and justice for all..."

It is also a recognition of the possible societal acceptance of those whom we persecuted at one time or another.  As time passes, I hope we continue to become more and more accepting as a culture.  Thus, I nominate Lady Justice and Lady Liberty getting together in public.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gbear said:

I just thought it fitting.  It is a marriage of liberty and justice as in "liberty and justice for all..."

It is also a recognition of the possible societal acceptance of those whom we persecuted at one time or another.  As time passes, I hope we continue to become more and more accepting as a culture.  Thus, I nominate Lady Justice and Lady Liberty getting together in public.   

But remember, lbgtq individuals persecuted people too. it isn’t all s one side affair.

Edited by ClaytoAli

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Are those Obama's daughters with the Bush daughters?

Yep...during the transition on inauguration day...

Folks can say what they want about the similarities or differences between the two adminitrations...but that Pic to me symbolizes the peaceful transition of power between the two anyway and is frankly wholesome AF : )

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks can say what they want about the similarities or differences between the two adminitrations...but that Pic to me symbolizes the peaceful transition of power between the two anyway and is frankly wholesome AF : )

It speaks volumes to where we used to be...a peaceful transfer of power portrayed in a genuinely wholesome image (like you said). I may have to use that photo on Twitter lol...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've lost count of how many people are disgusted that the image of George W. is softening as time goes on. Personally, I think that is how it should be, time should heal all wounds. I just don't see it happening with Trump, though.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I've lost count of how many people are disgusted that the image of George W. is softening as time goes on. Personally, I think that is how it should be, time should heal all wounds. I just don't see it happening with Trump, though.

Same thing is happening with Cheney, which frankly never thought would happen.

The damage done and for who lost loved ones, I can't speak for them on that.  Perception change shouldn't lead to revistionist history, imo, they did what they did.

Trump's imagine won't soften because he doesn't want it to, even when it gets proven what many of seeing regarding his mental decline it's not like if he wasn't he wouldn't still be making a list of folks to come after if re-elected.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Still no soft spot in my . . . heart. Let's say heart . . . for W. 

Although I think Bush 1 deserves props. Simply because of Desert Storm. That was one of our country's greatest moments. 

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Still no soft spot in my . . . heart. Let's say heart . . . for W. 

Although I think Bush 1 deserves props. Simply because of Desert Storm. That was one of our country's greatest moments. 

W had a hard time figuring out what to do regarding 9/11 and made a lot of bad decisions about it unfortunately. I think any president would have had a hard time dealing with that.

image.jpeg.54234da9f75bd507f565a4b2a0cf6e10.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

W had a hard time figuring out what to do regarding 9/11 and made a lot of bad decisions about it unfortunately. I think any president would have had a hard time dealing with that.

W (or maybe more accurately, his administration. But either way, he gets the blame/credit for it.) had no trouble at all figuring out what to do about 9/11. Use it as a justification to ram through all the things they wanted to do, before 9/11.  

6 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Are those Obama's daughters with the Bush daughters?

Family friends way before he ran for office. Elder Bush and Obama’s step-dad were buddies.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Thumb up 1