Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the average ages of each team on 53-man cutdown day:

I think what's interesting there is that 20 of the team's have an average age of 25.1 - 26.  I'm not sure that there's much of a difference in terms of average age between those teams. 

It's interesting, but I'm not sure how important it is.  (Thank you Ron for that quote...)

45 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Something doesnt seem right with those numbers, though it's not really a big deal.

But it shows we played 18 games. And I'm pretty sure we only played 17 last year

It says weeks, not games. The league had 17 weeks of the regular season last season, but 16 games (which it shows, cause week 8 (which was the bye week) wasn’t listed. 

Week 1 Vs Eagles: Haskins 

week 2 @ Cardinals: Haskins

Week 3 @ Browns: Haskins 

Week 4 Vs Ravens: Haskins 

Week 5 Vs Rams: Kyle Allen/Alex Smith

Week 6 @ Giants: Kyle Allen 

Week 7 Vs Cowboys: Kyle Allen

Week 9 Vs Giants: Kyle Allen/Alex Smith 

Week 10 @ Lions: Alex Smith 

Week 11 Vs Bengals: Alex Smith

Week 12 @ Cowboys: Alex Smith

Week 13 @ Steelers: Alex Smith

Week 14 @ 49ers: Alex Smith/Haskins 

Week 15 Vs Seahawks: Haskins

Week 16 Vs Panthers: Haskins/Heinicke 

Week 17 @ Eagles: Alex Smith

Week 18(WC Game) : Heinicke 

16 RS games and 1 playoff game (18 weeks which was 17 games)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It says weeks, not games. The league had 17 weeks of the regular season last season, but 16 games (which it shows, cause week 8 (which was the bye week) wasn’t listed. 

Week 1 Vs Eagles: Haskins 

week 2 @ Cardinals: Haskins

Week 3 @ Browns: Haskins 

Week 4 Vs Ravens: Haskins 

Week 5 Vs Rams: Kyle Allen/Alex Smith

Week 6 @ Giants: Kyle Allen 

Week 7 Vs Cowboys: Kyle Allen

Week 9 Vs Giants: Kyle Allen/Alex Smith 

Week 10 @ Lions: Alex Smith 

Week 11 Vs Bengals: Alex Smith

Week 12 @ Cowboys: Alex Smith

Week 13 @ Steelers: Alex Smith

Week 14 @ 49ers: Alex Smith/Haskins 

Week 15 Vs Seahawks: Haskins

Week 16 Vs Panthers: Haskins/Heinicke 

Week 17 @ Eagles: Alex Smith

Week 18(WC Game) : Heinicke 

16 RS games and 1 playoff game (18 weeks which was 17 games)

Okay, now I can see they skipped the Bye Week.

After first it looked to me like they were accounting for a QB every week, including the Bye.

Until I looked closer and saw that one week was omitted

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Surprised to see Michael Jordan was cut.  He was a promising G coming out of OSU, and cincys line has been terrible.  

Also surprised the pats thought they needed another rb.

Perry is really more of a WR, could go either way. And they love versatile guys like that.

• Like 1

Officially, what's the status of Jimmy Moreland? I thought it was updated that he was waived with an injury designation. Doesn't that mean he has reverted to IR for now? I suspect they'll need to work out an injury settlement, but then he could come back. Though there are rules on how quickly that can all happen.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Officially, what's the status of Jimmy Moreland? I thought it was updated that he was waived with an injury designation. Doesn't that mean he has reverted to IR for now? I suspect they'll need to work out an injury settlement, but then he could come back. Though there are rules on how quickly that can all happen.

Officially, he’s on IR. You’ve summarized the situation correctly. He can be released once they reach an injury settlement.  

What I’m not completely clear on is why we’d even bother releasing him with an injury designation for such a minor injury, if we weren’t planning on stashing him on IR long term. Maybe they are but the beat reports have all hinted at him reaching a settlement and moving on.

23 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are you talking about Quinn or Milne ?

23 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Quinn. He's got pedigree, he's got potential, he's got endorsements from Head and Shoulders.

Plus, he might even gets his 300th career yard in 4 seasons.

Quinn has really evolved into an irrelevant player

There were going to waive him.  But he got hurt, so they had to make the designation.  Let's everyone know that he has some kind of injury.  He goes through the same waiver process.  No one claims him, he reverts back to the team, who either keep him until his is healthy and then cut him or they work out a settlement.  Usually however many weeks the injury is likely to heal, they pay him that many game checks.  Say it's a twisted ankle takes three weeks.  He would most likely get three game checks and be released now and then can sign with anyone once he is healthy.  Because he is hurt, the team has responsibilities, you can't cut a guy when he is hurt without working out an injury settlement.  That is why he is on IR.  It is NFL rules.  If they put him on IR prior to the season, he is there all year, if they cut him and then he isn't claimed, he reverts back to the team and they put him on IR until he is healthy again then they can cut him.  

Edited by Shakazullo21
  • Thanks 1

PS is up to 15.

So one more to go.

Latest adds were Kunaszyk, D Johnson, and Reaves

• RB Peyton Barber
  • WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
  • C Keith Ismael
  • C Jon Toth
  • OG Wes Martin
  • OT David Steinmetz
  • OL Beau Benzschawel
  • DE William Bradley-King
  • DE Bunmi Rotimi
  • DT Daniel Wise
  • DT Gabe Wright
  • LB Jordan Kunaszyk
  • LB Jared Norris
  • CB Danny Johnson
  • S Jeremy Reaves
Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/30/2021 at 8:29 AM, goskins10 said:

But it's unlikely any one is grabbing up Kyle Allen if released. And if they do, that says more about how ****ty their QB room is than it does about him. But they may sign him after injuries during the season before we do. I believe I saw a few (only a few, maybe a small handful) say we should trade him - his trade value is zero. Of that I am certain. 

Just to follow up on this. Will Grier got claimed on waivers. Back when Kyle Allen and Grier were on Carolina, Allen outplayed Grier pretty significantly. Lest you think Grier is some big young prospect, Grier is actually older than Kyle Allen by nearly a full year. Cap wise they have the same contract, though Grier's cap hit is a bit higher due to the signing bonus (assessed against Carolina). That's how desperate teams are for QBs.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, Shakazullo21 said:

There were going to waive him.  But he got hurt, so they had to make the designation.  Let's everyone know that he has some kind of injury.  He goes through the same waiver process.  No one claims him, he reverts back to the team, who either keep him until his is healthy and then cut him or they work out a settlement.  Usually however many weeks the injury is likely to heal, they pay him that many game checks.  Say it's a twisted ankle takes three weeks.  He would most likely get three game checks and be released now and then can sign with anyone once he is healthy.  Because he is hurt, the team has responsibilities, you can't cut a guy when he is hurt without working out an injury settlement.  That is why he is on IR.  It is NFL rules.  If they put him on IR prior to the season, he is there all year, if they cut him and then he isn't claimed, he reverts back to the team and they put him on IR until he is healthy again then they can cut him.  

That all makes sense, I guess I’m just surprised that something as minor as a “contusion” aka a bruise would necessitate that whole process.