Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Finlay made it sound like he believes Reaves is a lock to make the team.  That would be surprising to me if he makes it over Forest.

I’ve been getting this sense recently too, I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread… I wouldn’t be shocked to see either Everett as a surprise cut or Forrest to the PS. 

Where did Finlay say that? I’d be curious exactly what he said. 

Just now, terpfan said:

I’ve been getting this sense recently too, I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread… I wouldn’t be shocked to see either Everett as a surprise cut or Forrest to the PS. 

Where did Finlay say that? I’d be curious exactly what he said. 

It was on his radio show a few minutes ago.  Caller was talking about safety depth.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I envision all NFC opponents in practice, emphasizing "quick-release" plays

Then those big bodies all get their hands up in the air. 😎 Payne in particular is great at that, even though he’s the weakest pass rusher of the five. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, London Kev said:

JDR to unveil his brand new 5-2 base defense?

That also gets Bostic off the field, so I would say Yes. ;)

I don't mean to be harsh on Bostic. He's got some great traits.

Just playin along with the trendy attitude towards him here.

2 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Then those big bodies all get their hands up in the air. 😎 Payne in particular is great at that, even though he’s the weakest pass rusher of the five. 

Speaking of, I think we're due for a blocked FG or Punt.

Was the Sean Taylor recovery, the last time we did that ?

Maybe if we keep Reyes, we can put him in, when the defense kicks or punts. By the time he sticks his arms straight up, he could probably reach the height of a few kicks, to block

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't think this has been discussed, but I could have missed it.

But does anyone think it would be a good idea, or would have been, to have a contest for predicting the final roster, similar to predicting game outcomes, etc ?

I’d be down. Entries due at some point the night before cutdown day maybe?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, London Kev said:

JDR to unveil his brand new 5-2 base defense?

This was actually sprinkled in at times by JDR last year. Seemed in most cases employed as a response to a team running the ball successfully against a 4 man front. Obviously Matt wasn’t a part of it for most part. I like the wrinkle. More wrinkles!

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This was actually sprinkled in at times by JDR last year. It’s seemed in most cases in employed as a response to a team running the ball successfully against a 4 man front. Obviously Matt wasn’t a part of it for most part. I like the wrinkle. More wrinkles!

Things like that, make this team so refreshing to see.

Changes like - not being so predictable on both offense and defense

There was a time, actually for a long period, when most teams seemed to know what play we're gonna run before it happens.

And now, it's refreshing to be on the verge of the opposite extreme - to be able to confuse the other team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, at first I assumed it was too late, for this season.

But then, the final cutdowns are actually the hardest to predict, so maybe it would still be challenging enough, to do it at this point.

Yeah I think it would be too hard to try to do from the beginning of camp or something like that. You have nothing to go off of at that point. Guessing the final cut from 80 to 53 makes more sense. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Of course you don’t. Based on the consistency of your posts you have a hard time seeing anything that you can’t turn into a pro-Heinecke endorsement.

No more than you have a hard time addressing the true topic / issue of my comment. Cheers!

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't see us getting more than a 7th or maybe a 6th max for Heinicke or Allen. I'd rather just keep them since we know Fitz can have slumps and that both Heinicke and Allen have injury concerns. If Fitz goes down or gets pulled I'd bet that we'd end up seeing both Heinicke and Allen at some point.

I don't know, we gave up a 5th for Allen didn't we? If we can't at least get that back then there's no sense trading either of them unless it's for a player we like and I doubt anyone would give up a decent player for a backup QB. 

• Like 1