Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

LOL...I like how you think. Here we have a guy with no football experience whatsoever and you're making him a two way player.  Love it. 

He hasn't learned any bad habits, he's beyond enthusiastic, he's super athletic, big, powerful, and he wants to beat the snot out of someone on the other team (cleanly).  The guy was born to play football.  I'm not saying he was born a football player.  He was certain characteristics and sports-wise, his talents are best utilized in football rather than any other sport.   Being honest, it's the snot-beating + athleticism really but so what?  Football's a collision sport. 

I think Allen does go on IR to start the season with them using roster trickery to keep him on cutdown day,  I think the smartest way to do that would be to initially keep 8 OL and cut both Larson and Ismael.

I mean seriously, Schweizer's going to be our primary backup at center, even if he hold onto the starting LG job.  Who would you rather sub in long term?  Tyler Larsen, Keith Ismael, Ereck Flowers or Saadhiq Charles? 

9 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

He hasn't learned any bad habits, he's beyond enthusiastic, he's super athletic, big, powerful, and he wants to beat the snot out of someone on the other team (cleanly).  The guy was born to play football.  I'm not saying he was born a football player.  He was certain characteristics and sports-wise, his talents are best utilized in football rather than any other sport.   Being honest, it's the snot-beating + athleticism really but so what?  Football's a collision sport. 

IMHO, You can have all the physical tools in the world but the lag time of missing years of football is not an easy hurdle to overcome. He has the muscle but lacks the muscle memory. Its a a complicated sport that is simplified by bystanders.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Reyes is really raw but as some have said, his athleticism is through the roof.  I would exploit the 💩 out of that.  Coach him up to a credible receiving option (basically he crushes his man and then is a reliable positive-yardage safety valve), then once he gets there, figure out his best place on D - it could be very situational but whatever - and then coach him up to being credible there, and then continue to refine.  Dangerous 2-way player because you get to harness his potential on both sides.  Sammis Baugh.

Hell, I'd be happy if he can just make a 35 yard FG. We could use that kind of talent.

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

To be clear, I'm not mocking you...I'd love to see it happen.

9 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

IMHO, You can have all the physical tools in the world but the lag time of missing years of football is not an easy hurdle to overcome. He has the muscle but lacks the muscle memory. Its a a complicated sport that is simplified by bystanders.

And, it seems that most guys as big and muscular as Reyes seem to get hurt because they're too muscular. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

And, it seems that most guys as big and muscular as Reyes seem to get hurt because they're too muscular. 

In fairness to Reyes, most overly muscled guys are rather stiff in movements, he's not.  Risk of injury I would guess is less for someone whose ligaments/joints aren't fighting the movement.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I wonder if its harder to build muscle memory if you have more... well... muscle

Spoken from non-experience

As far as my non medical knowledge/experience knows.  It shouldn't?  Muscle memory is really just the nerves/signals adapted to firing in certain ways together right?

Someone with more knowledge, or someone who actually bothered to look this up, feel free to tell me what it actually is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I wonder if its harder to build muscle memory if you have more... well... muscle

Spoken from non-experience

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

The muscle memory comes in handy when its the fine line between reacting subconsciously and thinking too much. Doesnt matter about muscle mass its all about the reps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Eh, he sealed the edge, kept the defender inside. Wasn’t pretty but he did his job.

He also got up and popped his teammate. 

To call it not pretty is a sizeable understatement. 

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Patterson, and to some extent Reyes, are guys who will need to be on the 53 or they aren’t making it through waivers.

Reyes will have someone take a flier on him. Zero doubt. And beyond Bates and Thomas I wasn’t impressed with any of the other tight ends. I’d rather keep the athletic freak with upside who is young than Seals Jones at this point. 

Patterson is making the team. Even if they keep 4 backs to do it. But I still think he’s actually going to get a decent amount of carries this year. 

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

They can't PS Peyton barber, so they are either going to have to field 4rbs on the roster or PS patterson.

I think they can PS Barber...I also think they can PS Patterson without worrying about losing him:

"The NFL will carry over a series of 2020 roster rules designed to maintain adequate numbers if players are sidelined by positive COVID-19 tests.

The decision had been long anticipated but was confirmed during a media briefing Friday by Dawn Aponte, the NFL's chief football administrative officer.

The rules include:

- Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

- The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

- Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

- levation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31869693/nfl-carry-flexible-roster-rules-2021

Also:

Also also:

The Washington Football Team released the following players:

• WR Kelvin Harmon
  • CB Chris Miller
  • RB Lamar Miller
Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

They can't PS Peyton barber, so they are either going to have to field 4rbs on the roster or PS patterson.

Not him. I meant Jonathan Williams. But they can’t PS him, either. 

I think they’re going to keep 4 backs, though.

So to me it’s: Gibson, McKissick, Patterson and then it’s between Williams and Barber 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1