Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

Every year I feel like there's a new Joe Judge coach who tries to overdue the tough guy, disciplined approach. The thing about the NFL is that these are grown men millionaires so treating them like children will rarely work, and you have to do a lot of winning for players to keep buying in. Even with Belichek you saw Gronk and Brady(and others) eventually get tired of the hard nosed approach- and Belicheck is the God standard of that style.

There is also a Jay Gruden every year who tries too hard to be cool with the players. They run soft camps with little discipline. They don't want the fight the hard nosed coach has to go through so they try being one of the guys. This extreme usually fails miserably too.

The balance, in my opinion, would be coaches like Joe Gibbs or Dick Vermeil. These coaches are no nonsense and run a disciplined camp, but they are also great football coaches who act like human beings and remain relatable to their players. They end up getting the discipline the hard nosed coach wanted, and the motivated players who will run through a wall for them that the cool coach wanted. These coaches are rare but they build powerful team cultures. 

I would say Rivera is in the 3rd group of coaches- with balance. I have been critical of him at times possibly being in the 1st group, but the way the players are bonding and buying in proves to me he has kept the balance. He has potential to keep developing in this style, and with this young group, things can get really interesting.

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

IDK, I’m not really buying into all the allegations.  I’ve not read what they all are.  And I think he’ll rebound from all this.  The timing of it is very suspicious.

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I don’t believe everything I hear.

I’m curious as to how you can ‘not buy into all the allegations’ and believe “he’ll rebound from all this” when you have “not read what they all are”? Seems confusing unless you are just basing your conclusions on a self admitted lack of information. 

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

My buddy just surprised me with these.

He made them for me for helping him with something.

This is one heck of a thank you and coincidentally on game day too which I'm sure he had absolutely no idea it was.20210812_171647.thumb.jpg.9090c267297492fc128ba5eb8d66a92a.jpg

Ask your buddy if he needs help drinking beers or throwing stuff off a bridge (or both) because I could use a set of those bad boys!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I’m curious as to how you can ‘not buy into all the allegations’ and believe “he’ll rebound from all this” when you have “not read what they all are”? Seems confusing unless you are just basing your conclusions on a self admitted lack of information. 

Edited by Vanguard

@GhostofAlvinWalton  

Im not one of those people who wants someone to be guilty of certain behavior when they’ve shown character that suggests otherwise.  Watson and his lawyers have almost as many people vouching for him as he has accusers.  He deserves his chance to clear his name if the allegations are false.  I’m not a fan of so many people acting like they’re squeaky clean when it comes to character also.  I’m not quick to judge him.  And it sounds like you don’t know all the facts either yet you’re passing judgement.

Edited by Vanguard

11 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I’m not a fan of so many people acting like they’re squeaky clean when it comes to character also.

To be fair, i doubt many of us have done anything anywhere close to the level of what the accusers are claiming Watson did (if they are in fact true) 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

@GhostofAlvinWalton  

Im not one of those people who wants someone to be guilty of certain behavior when they’ve shown character that suggests otherwise.  Watson and his lawyers have almost as many people vouching for him as he has accusers.  He deserves his chance to clear his name if the allegations are false.  I’m not a fan of so many people acting like they’re squeaky clean when it comes to character also.  I’m not quick to judge him.  And it sounds like you don’t know all the facts either yet you’re passing judgement.

I agree with the first part of this as well…I was just wondering how you can not believe things you haven’t even looked into. You said you didn’t even know all the allegations…I didn’t. 

As for your last sentence…frankly, you don’t have a clue as to what you are talking about because I have never made a single comment on this board about the Watson situation. If you took what I asked you as passing judgement then you might want to get a little better perspective on that because I did no such thing. 

I guess I got my answer either way.  Take care and go Football Team. 

The thing about the Watson case is there is no real precedent for it.  The combination of factors at play is almost beyond comprehension.  

The allegations are unprecedented.

The reputation previous to this was beyond question.

There is no smoking gun.  No photos.  No videos.  No texts.  No woman has ever walked out of a room with Watson and immediately called the police to report an assault…or any crime at all.

But, where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Its hard to process.  Speaking for myself, I’m gonna let it play out in the courts….not the media.  And damn sure not on Twitter.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The thing about the Watson case is there is no real precedent for it.  The combination of factors at play is almost beyond comprehension.  

There is no smoking gun.  No photos.  No videos.  No texts.  No woman has ever walked out of a room with Watson and immediately called the police to report an assault…or any crime at all.

Its hard to process.  Speaking for myself, I’m gonna let it play out in the courts….not the media.

I'm trying really hard not to wade into this, but the highlighted portion needs a STRONG qualifier of "from what is publicly known."

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Its hard to process.  Speaking for myself, I’m gonna let it play out in the courts….not the media.  And damn sure not on Twitter.

The Watson camp has already conceded that consensual sex resulted from some massage sessions.  I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but its not hard to look at this whole case and conclude that he's guilty.  

It's not quite OJ guilty, I'll give you that.  Its pretty clear something over the line was happening though.

Edited by 86 Snyder

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I ....have never seen so many folks so excited for a pre season game..is it happening?

I was excited for the Cowboys game last week. I usually am excited before the hall of fame game, because I hate how long the offseason is.  But, the game is always a letdown when it actually starts.  For that game in particular, it seems like backups play for one series, then are replaced by people who will never actually play a regular season game.  

I hope tonight's game is a little more interesting.  The highlight of the HOF game was a good punt.