Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, teams are not clamoring for a 5'7 RB.  He'll be on the PS.

Yeah, Apke is a really good gunner on special teams.  He might make the roster just on that.

Apke seems firmly a 2nd stringer, but sounds like he's having an extremely competitive/feisty day today.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That was actually decent coverage by Apke; stayed in Brown's hip pocket pretty much the whole way. Nice throw and catch still, though.

Agreed, I had Doughty feels for Apke (that's not a good thing) when he was on the field (except I think his first snap was a pick), so if he's getting things better, that feels a LOT better.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

***Tried to edit this to just get the Hemingway tweet but I'm a dumbass*

Am I the only one who had to look up who Hemingway was?  Like, you're messing with the best DE duo in the league, really?

Yeah I had absolutely no clue who that was. At first I though Chase and Sweat were getting into with a water boy or something.

Maybe he's trying to get attention or make a name for himself. Or maybe he's just a dumbass.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Terry is my guy, you understand?  I hope he KILLS it this year.

45 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I love this too.  I think Chase and Montez play better when they start to get riled up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Zach Selby from the WFT is saying it's more back and forth.  But other beatwriters are giving a clear edge to the pass rush over the pass protection.  To this point, I think citing more tweets about our quality pass rush that we already know is quality, is just more of the same.

I think this is to be expected. Excited to see how our D-line will help improve the O-line

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

We haven’t even practiced with pads on and the man crush for Jaret Patterson is mind boggling. I do hope he is our diamond in the rough but keep in mind he wasn’t even drafted. Before we anoint him as Darren Sproles 2.0 maybe we should see how he does in the preseason games. 

I do think we will carry 4 rbs especially since there could be lingering issues with Gibson’s injury from last year and JD is not a 20+ carry guy but I would prefer to keep Lamar Miller (experience and pass catching abilities) and stash Patterson on the PS unless he just breaks out in preseason. 

To be fair, I was a fan of his prior to the draft and felt like we was better than a good portion of the backs drafted.

• Like 4

Our defense is going to be so fun to watch this year. When Collins is the one calming guys down, you know your defense is mean. They're going to make a few teams quit this year.

I like that Young's edge seems to be rubbing off on Sweat. Sweat has ridiculous tools athletically. The one thing he needed as a DL was more of a mean streak to start bullying offenses. Seeing him hyped up this early in camp is a good sign.

If Jamin is able to absorb the MLB spot by week 1, that says a LOT about his potential. I'd still expect him to start the season at one of the OLB spots, but I'm excited to see him push for the middle.

Haven't even mentioned our 4 DTs or playmakers in the secondary, but those groups are better than last year also. As a fan of defensive football, I expect this may be my favorite season yet.

• Like 14

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Fitzpatrick and Heincke, I got to watch more to form an impression.  

On first blush, none of our QBs have a rocket.  But we knew that.    Heinicke looks really fluid and decisive.  His arm strength looks below average to me but with more zip than Colt McCoy.

WOA! That's a high bar!!😃

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

To me that's like giving a roster spot to a WR who pretty much sucks but happens to be really tall because you don't feel like you have enough of a red zone target.

You just had to go and bring up Malcomb Kelly.

52bc4c8895951.preview-300.jpg?resize=300

• Haha 4