Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm sort of a 2020 Hugo Awards Finalist

Burgold

The finalists for the 2020 Hugo Awards (top prize in science fiction and fantasy) were announced yesterday and Nerds of a Feather, a journal I contributed an article to, got the nod. I contacted NoF about it and they said I was definitely part of their 2020 writing crew. So, while I may not be the captain of the ship or first mate... I'll take honor as a deckhand.

Kinda cool.

That is awesome.  We all knew you were a good writer, and it is a heck of a feather in your cap.  If you guys actually win, it will be something you can use to promote future works (or even promote existing works.  I see it on covers all the time with bylines like "by Hugo Award Winning Timotthy Zahn."

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would include this information in my signature block (and leave out all of the humble caveats). 

Bearrock, Top 70 billion finalist for the Nobel Peace Prize

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that unlike my imaginary nomination, that's really awesome @Burgold, congratulations!  I remember when you first posted about your first book and getting things off the ground.  It's so cool to see how far you've come.  I don't think any parentheses is needed at all.  Congrats again!

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would include this information in my signature block (and leave out all of the humble caveats). 

It's part of my nature... to crow while being simultaneously humble and self deprecatory ;) 

Addition to the story, after asking NoF if I could lump myself in with their Hugo nod they asked me if I would write something else for them. I  scribbled something out this afternoon and it's already been accepted. The only thing I'm struggling with is the bio. 

Bio writing is the worst. :)

Archived