Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I caught Willis first drive and jus got back, he jus doesn't look used to that many folks on defense being as fast as him. 

Seen a couple throws that were on point, but it makes it hard to really judge him, he got sacked at least twice on his first drive.

Just now: that was a terrible idea to throw that ball

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I do feel bad for Willis because his OL is getting absolutely dominated. 

Yean I mentioned this before that a PFF guy really trashed the Liberty O line and said he factors that in the soup for Willis.  I think a a runner today he's been oddly tentative -- that i am not used to. 

50 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

BIG no thanks on Willis.

Good college athlete = Average NFL athlete. Saw it with RG3, seeing it now with Chase Young. Let's not fall for that again.

RG3 was an average NFL athlete in 2012?  As for Chase being just average -- will see -- if he's average than offenses oddly seem to focus more on double teaming and chipping Chase than the others on the D line. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yean I mentioned this before that a PFF guy really trashed the Liberty O line and said he factors that in the soup for Willis.  I think a a runner today he's been oddly tentative -- that i am not used to. 

Yeah I've noticed that as well about his running. I wonder if it's because he's not used to going up against guys who aren't far inferior athletes to him? Maybe the Ole Miss D is just doing a really good job of plugging holes he might hit?

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Corral looking like his usual self. Willis not so much.

Willis is a gifted athlete. He's Lamar Jackson-esque in that regard. However, his passing mechanics look rough, and his release seems a bit slow. Check out his right foot when he throws...he practically gallops.

Corral definitely looks to be the superior prospect to my eyes. Very athletic and agile, strong arm, and pretty solid accuracy.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Willis is a gifted athlete. He's Lamar Jackson-esque in that regard. However, his passing mechanics look rough, and his release seems a bit slow. Check out his right foot when he throws...he practically gallops.

Corral definitely looks to be the superior prospect to my eyes. Very athletic and agile, strong arm, and pretty solid accuracy.

Still digesting Willis.  As for Corral, he's been my guy from just about the jump of the college season. 

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I've noticed that as well about his running. I wonder if it's because he's not used to going up against guys who aren't far inferior athletes to him? Maybe the Ole Miss D is just doing a really good job of plugging holes he might hit?

Might be.  They might be spying on him and doing a nice job clogging his lanes.  I'd have to rewatch it to see.

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Howell looks really impressive reading defenses, poised in the pocket and a hell of a runner.

I've been watching some of N. Carolina in the mix of this game.  Howell doesn't strike me fast.   Decent speed but nothing special.  But he is a very decisive runner, he has a quick first step and has some elusivess.   So hes definitely got some mobility to his game.  I'd take Corral over Howell though including as a runner. But Howell strikes me as a similar brand QB to Corral stylistically. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep I was about to say the same.

I'd be happy with this below

I'd be stoked about that draft. But Ridder to the Lions? They're almost certainly going to have a top 3 pick, possibly even 1st overall. I just don't see Ridder as that level of prospect. I'd be more inclined to think they'd go with Corral, unfortunately.

Edited by mistertim

7 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Yeah…I don’t think Willis is the guy.

I think Willis could be the guy for the right team. I don't think we're the right team.

Willis needs to go somewhere that will have plenty of patience for a super raw QB who will will probably have lots of bumps along the way, and where they'll be willing to fully tailor their offensive system (or even almost their whole roster like the Ravens did with Jackson) to his strengths.

On another note, in this Liberty vs Ole Miss game you can tell that Corral's ankle is bothering him. On one hand those nagging injuries are a bit worrying, but on the other hand it's impressive that he's looked so go with a bum ankle.

Corral is definitely a baller. I've said before and I think @Skinsinparadisehas said the same, that he reminds me of Heinicke on steroids. Bigger, faster, much better arm, but the same slipperiness and ability to scramble, as well as the same gamer mentality.

Sam Hartman having himself a day vs UNC. 4 passing and 2 rushing TDs. He's put up some impressive numbers this season, though some were against poor opponents. I like his game from the little I've seen of him. I think he still has another year of eligibility left so he could opt to stay or come out. If he enters the draft I could see him as a good guy to take a mid round flyer on to see how he develops.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1