Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Percy won't change McCain's role much, I'd be shocked if Percy plays 25% snaps or more at FS. They will ease him in, and his role in 22 will primarily be ST.  but I'm hoping he shows he can handle a more significant role in 23.

I'm high on Butler. I think he could push McCain for the starting job. Kid is a hard worker and has the tools. Fix his tackling and learn the defense and he's golden.

But I agree, worst case scenario hes our starting FS 2023.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I'm high on Butler. I think he could push McCain for the starting job. Kid is a hard worker and has the tools. Fix his tackling and learn the defense and he's golden.

But I agree, worst case scenario hes our starting FS 2023.

Glad you’re high on him.

I love that he’s a stud ST player so we can roster him and let him learn and he isn’t wasting a spot. I like the athleticism. This staff also has a lot of goodwill from me on safety eval because they found Kam Curl.

• Like 1

of the guys left that I've watched focusing on some need spots

Marquis Hayes, IMO very consistent, steady.   He has long arms but small hands so wonder if that's part of the reason he's falling.  OK athlete but not killer.

Jojo Domann, its OK, I had him as a 6th rounder in the rankings I gave so decent value in the 7th

Jack Sanborn, don't love the speed, but has good instincts IMO.  

I haven't spent much time on Kevin Deitsch. Just watched one game  9.7 RAS.  Short arms, likely needs to be moved to guard but that's OK.   Almost 25 so that might be part of his drop.  PFF grades him with a strong 87 score. 

Andrew Steuber -- tackle-guard, solid player

Leon O'Neil -- safety.  I watched him a little.  You got to keep him in the box IMO but he plays with an edge, really physical

I know we already took a TE but Gerritt Prince to me would be very tempting. 

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

SIP was telling me about Rodriquez.  I like Sanborn in the 7th.  He ain't got the speed but he plays faster and is smart 

Chris Paul

6'4", 323lbs.

Pre-Draft Analysis

Paul is a four-year starter who has lined up at both guard spots and both tackle spots. He flashes the ability to move defenders off the ball and has a finisher's mentality, but he plays high, leans and falls off too many blocks. He has a powerful punch and is big enough to anchor in pass pro. However, he loses inside leverage and gets beat to the inside. -- Steve Muench

Seems like he needs a bit of coaching.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 2