Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I'm a little late to the party because I was working but we really do suck at negotiating don't we.

A good team moves back almost a full round from the 4th to the 5th gets a 5th in return as compensation not a 16 spot net gain increase a round later, that's virtually pointless and gives Carolina the player they covet at almost no cost.

Meh.  They traded down 24 spots to move up 40.  If they felt like the quality of players were pretty even from 120 to 150 with drop off coming before the 180 range, that's a good trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Man I really liked Isaiah Likely.

I wish so badly that we could trade drafts with the Ravens.  And whole rosters and front offices for that matter.

I mean if we had their roster we could have their draft. 

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Is it, though, if it's Belicheck that does it?

Yeah at this point I think Belichick is just so used to doing weird **** in the draft and being successful that it's pretty much pure muscle memory by now. Though without Brady I don't think it's going to continue to work out that well for him. But I guess it's his chance to prove to the world that he truly is an elite coach and his success wasn't all due to lucking into Tom Brady.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Man I really liked Isaiah Likely.

I wish so badly that we could trade drafts with the Ravens.  And whole rosters and front offices for that matter.

The ravens top 3 receivers are Bateman proche and duvernay. They get good value but they are approaching their roster construction like it’s 2005.

17 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

The Raiders under Mike Mayock thought this exact same way. Thinking you’re smarter than everyone else usually fails. And that includes draft pundits 

Well, I thought the hiring of Mayock was a huge mistake because it took a media guy and put him in charge (kindof, it was still Gruden who was REALLY in charge) and look what happened.  

But the part of the quote I've bolded is the part I want to highlight: who is the "everybody else?"  I sure hope to hell the Commanders are not looking at the mocks to determine what everybody else is thinking.

The fact is, there are 32 evaluations.  They are generally protected as closely as the formula for Coke.  This is why each team needs to do what they think is the right thing based on their evaluations.  Because no team knows what any other team is thinking, and none of them are using the stuff put out in the media as a guide.

Every time I hear one of the pundits say "this guy is flying up the draft boards" I want to say back to him, "you are a dirty liar."  For 2 reasons:

1.  I'd be willing to bet no team has made that public.  

2.  The teams do their evaluations of film, senior bowl, combine, and interviews.  They come up with a determination of the player over a long process.  

Flying up the draft boards is a media creation.  Just like value.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If we keep both picks, Strong and Turner I understand but keep possibly Beavers from Cincinnati in mind.  Just saying.  RR talked a lot to him in Cincy and videos of it.  

I like Beavers but he's more of an older school mold of inside backer which it doesn't sound like we're really looking for at this point. But I think he could be a good value in the 5th 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117781d7e52d306e3ff5

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

I think Howell will be there and will be our puck. Steal of the draft. 

Is it?  The entire league passed on him 4 times, how could it really be a steal?

But the Commanders need a QB, and Howell and Strong are still on the board.  Both of them have upside.

I'm shocked the Patriots went with Zappe.  I heard an analyst on Galdi's podcast say he was a lot like TH, just a bit better.  But lacked arm strength.  Maybe the game really has passed Bill by.

• Like 1