Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Gonna be interesting to watch Snyder’s reaction over the next two years as Ron pulls our station wagon into the slow lane to allow the muscle cars the rest of the division are driving room to pass.  

It's not gonna be any worse than that rebrand jersey ordeal and he didn't seem to mind that....

You know the one....TA-DA!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’s the 4th round. It doesn’t matter if he busts. 

He’s a back up. Oh, and we’re going to want a QB (doesn’t have to be Howell). If Wentz gets hurt and Heinicke plays I can predict the amount of crying about us not getting a quality backup in the draft. It feels so real.

Yeah I don't really think the word "bust" applies much to guys after the first few rounds. Statistically they're likely to do nothing in the NFL so if they do nothing...then that's kind of par for the course. But if you get lucky and hit on one then that's awesome.

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Ranked by who?  The draft pundits?  

Something people forget:  It's the same people who are ranking the players and who they think should be taken when you are then evaluating the teams as to how close to THEIR projections the teams got. Matt Miller is saying the Commander's are not close to his evaluation of value.  Which, honestly, means squadoosh.  

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.  First, the pundits are going to rank the players, and then going to determine what the right value is, then if the teams (who actually do more research, meetings, film study, personal visits, etc with the players) disagree, we'll crush them for reaching.

It's the part of the draft coverage I truly hate. 

As I've said a million times, I love Mel because he was the first and he's got a photographic memory. And early on, he was a bull in a china shop and was outspoken and somewhat hysterical.  (He's mellowed over the years.)

But Bill Tobin was really right when he said, "Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?"  (And then the rest of the rant.) And Mel wasn't exactly right because he was dying on the "Trent Dilfer" hill, who turned out to be a very "meh" QB until the Raven's defense got him a ring.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Black Market Bully said:

Howell will be better than Heinecke down the line, but not this year. 

I disagree. His arm makes him a better option day one. We can run our offense.

I’m not down on Heinicke as far as pocket presence, scrambling, the nuances… but his arm literally changes our offense to being dink and dunk or rainbow and pray.

Heinicke will be a better overall player but his arm sinks him so low. Howell has the arm.

Strong has a rocket, but he has no mobility.

Crum is Heinicke when I watch him. But he has the arm. Not as good at the nuances but… rookie. 

15 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really think job 1 is more important than job 2.

I think job 1 is massively important.

Job 2 is figuring out where they feel like they need to pick the guy to get them.  If that's "Value" fine.  

If you love a guy, you go get them, and screw all the talking heads.

And regardless of what the talking heads say, you better be right.

No coach/GM has ever lost their job because of Mel's draft evaluation grade.

But if you draft poorly you tend to get fired because your teams don't win.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am thinking now almost for sure in the 5th they will use one of those picks on a QB whomever is left between Howell and Strong.  I am guessing its Strong because Howell will likely be gone

Overall, I think we got taken to the cleaners not by a lot but still by the Panthers on that trade.  I can't believe we did that unless they plan another trade back with the 1st pick in the 5th.  

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

There has to be a plan for FA after the draft.     I'm thinking back to that clip of Vinny telling the fans to calm down because they had a plan.

Oh, they have a plan.  Problem is, it’s been conceived by people who have proven to be incapable of a good enough one.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But if you draft poorly you tend to get fired because your teams don't win.  

I think it's all about the formula of finding 2 or 3 starters per draft. We've been doing well with that. Have they been all pros? Nope but that's more difficult. What we see is that we've got a good but not great team that's competing for wild cards at the end of the season. 

Second round misses have hurt us, but low round and UDFA gems have really helped. So it balances out somewhat. But guys like Matt Miller are getting upset because our board looks different b

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude ain't right, man.  I'm trying not to laugh.  Oh my goodness.  :806:

I love the fact that someone had already made an animation of a guy breakdancing with fire coming out of his ass. My new mission in life is to find out why that was created in the first place.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Overall, I think we got taken to the cleaners not by a lot but still by the Panthers on that trade.  I can't believe we did that unless they plan another trade back with the 1st pick in the 5th.  

Gotta maneuver to draft that competition at long snapper. Can't let the Cheesed Man get complacent.

Edited by SpacePenguin