Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

We’re in an odd place QB wise. We can’t play Heinicke if something happens to Wentz. It crushes the offense because of the arm. So I think QB has to be on the table. But whoever it is shouldn’t be seen as a starter but a long term backup and stop gap. If they turn into more, great.

So having said that I think the ideal place is 4th or 5th round and Strong or Crum.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep that is the odds on pick for me too.

Depending on who is is available, I don’t like it. Screams filling needs instead of looking at best players for the next few years.

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Trading Payne for picks would have been a smart move.

It’s not too late.

I seem to remember that when we drafted Terry McClaurin, there were a lot of pundits who said we should have taken Myles Boykin.  Taller etc.  See how that turned out.  Give Jahan Dotson a chance.  

I agree with Burgundy Blog, my guess is we go Jaquan Brister S with our 2nd rounder.

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t really understand the fascination some have with kicking Cosmi inside. He’s a freak athlete and played pretty well as an OT as a rookie. His development is on track to fill a role equal to his immense tools, on a rookie 2nd round contract. That’s the entire goal for a guy with his tools, even assuming he adjusts and is as good inside as he is at OT, I’m not sure moving him inside is even a net gain unless the guy you replace him with is a really really good prospect. Seems easier to me to just spend lesser draft capital for an actual OG who is like Cosmi but hasn’t already flashed big time at OT. Right? 

If they get a tackle at good value, say Cross fell to 11, then you have built in position flex with tackle.  

Right now we have three guards, three tackles, and I guess Roullier could be the fourth guard.  If you draft a tackle and slide Cosmi inside, now you have three guards, three tackles and Cosmi who can play both.  Drafting a guard, you now have six guys who can play inside and still only three tackles.  (I view Charles and Schweitzer as guys who should only play T on a break glass scenario.

Alternatively, they could keep fattening up AGG and play him on the line.

Currently, I’m only counting 8 guys for the line.  I know we have more on the roster.  Leno, Norwell, Roullier, Schweitzer, Cosmi, Lucas, Charles, and Larson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We’re in an odd place QB wise. We can’t play Heinicke if something happens to Wentz. It crushes the offense because of the arm. So I think QB has to be on the table. But whoever it is shouldn’t be seen as a starter but a long term backup and stop gap. If they turn into more, great.

So having said that I think the ideal place is 4th or 5th round and Strong or Crum.

TH is useless to us now. Might as well have Logan Thomas as back up. Get a QB with that Wentz ‘type’ skill set...clearly Wentz lite or whatever we’d call it.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

TH is useless to us now. Might as well have Logan Thomas as back up. Get a QB with that Wentz ‘type’ skill set...clearly Wentz lite or whatever we’d call it.

Any that are left could be that. Willis, Howell, Ridder, Crum, Coan, Zappe. Strong isn’t really that skill set but he’s got the arm. So… ya. I’d be fairly disappointed in a QB at 47 but not in general

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

How is that a bad comp? They are close to identical in size, speed, and positives and negatives to their game. He looks like that to me or a slightly slower Santana Moss (like Moss in later years vs early Moss).

I don’t care what their measurements say.  Lockett looks like a midget out there.  Dotson looks and plays like a regular sized receiver.

Nothing against Lockett, he’s a fine receiver, but they just don’t move similarly at all.  

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Only change I make is instead of Crum I go with Zappe.  

3 minutes ago, Lovi said:

To be fair I think he said everything about her is fine.  I think he meant FINE.  LOL.

You got it!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If they get a tackle at good value, say Cross fell to 11, then you have built in position flex with tackle.  

Right now we have three guards, three tackles, and I guess Roullier could be the fourth guard.  If you draft a tackle and slide Cosmi inside, now you have three guards, three tackles and Cosmi who can play both.  Drafting a guard, you now have six guys who can play inside and still only three tackles.  (I view Charles and Schweitzer as guys who should only play T on a break glass scenario.

Alternatively, they could keep fattening up AGG and play him on the line.

Currently, I’m only counting 8 guys for the line.  I know we have more on the roster.  Leno, Norwell, Roullier, Schweitzer, Cosmi, Lucas, Charles, and Larson.

I’m fine with drafting a flexible OG/OT meant to be that, I was more talking about specifically spending a more premium pick with the goal of moving Cosmi inside.

Edited by Conn

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Any that are left could be that. Willis, Howell, Ridder, Crum, Coan, Zappe. Strong isn’t really that skill set but he’s got the arm. So… ya. I’d be fairly disappointed in a QB at 47 but not in general

Likewise. I personally think Rivera is looking to move on from TH soon. He didn’t exactly hold back on Dotson’s college QB support play :ols: Ridder/Strong would be my assumed top choices. Assumed without much fact other than the Ridder pro day chatter. 

Worse things for a Rivera than hitting year 3 with Wentz/Strong or Wentz/Ridder.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I posted earlier that the Ravens have six 4th rounders, others have loaded mid round picks. We could take advantage of that with #47 but like #11 there is a sacrifice to some.

Edited by Est.1974

I'd be happy with a Willis pick in the second round.  Give him a year or 2 to develop with Wentz starting and then it's his team.  Second round feels right for him.  First round was always going to be too rich for a developmental guy.

Edit: I don't expect he's going to be there anyway.

Edited by Lovi
Clarification

Hope we get crafty today. Trade next year's 4th or 5th rounder, trade Payne...slight trade back from 47 if the board falls our way... Do everything we can to stockpile mid round selections this year.

Payne for picks replaced with Phidarian Mathis or Otito Ogbonnia is a win.

Walker or Hall is a huge win

Chenal/Dean/Andersen/Muma is a win

Pitre/Brisker/Cross/Kerby is a win

Watson/Pierce/K.Austin/Thornton is a win

OG/OT with one of the 4ths is a win

So many different options to absolutely STACK this roster. I trust our scouts in the mid rounds. Let's go baby.

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Likewise. I personally think Rivera is looking to move on from TH soon. He didn’t exactly hold back on Dotson’s college QB support play :ols: Ridder/Strong would be my assumed top choices. Assumed without much fact other than the Ridder pro day chatter. 

Worse things for a Rivera than hitting year 3 with Wentz/Strong or Wentz/Ridder.

I posted earlier that the Ravens have six 4th rounders, others have loaded mid round picks. We could take advantage of that with #47 but like #11 there is a sacrifice to some.

The post from Ari was from yesterday.  Sorry 1974 and to all on the board.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Hope we get crafty today. Trade next year's 4th or 5th rounder, trade Payne...slight trade back from 47 if the board falls our way... Do everything we can to stockpile mid round selections this year.

So many different options to absolutely STACK this roster. I trust our scouts in the mid rounds. Let's go baby.

Agree think our draft starts tonight, we could get 3 maybe 4 starters if we play it right 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

No future picks please.   Already down a likely 2nd and can't use the 3rd.  I doubt a single 4th gets us back into 3rd and 2023 1st is too much for what I see. 

47 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I don’t care what their measurements say.  Lockett looks like a midget out there.  Dotson looks and plays like a regular sized receiver.

Nothing against Lockett, he’s a fine receiver, but they just don’t move similarly at all.  

All you said is their size is different. What is about their skill set that you find incomparable? 

54 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't know why we should care how it effects Wentz. He has had do or die seasons for two years straight and folded like a lawn chair. There's no reason whatsoever he should be given a respect at QB that hasn't been earned, and that Philly and Indy, who invested far more into him, did not give him either. If we have a QB we like a lot at slot, take him, if we don't, don't. Willis strikes me as an automatic selection, Corral and Howell I'd need to think more on, but if the medicals are good, I'd probably pull the trigger on any of the 3 over other need guys because I think all are reasonably good prospects, guys that would likely go in that 20-50 area in a good QB draft. Howell at one point was rated far higher, Corral was one of the fast risers before getting hurt, I like all 3 a bit and view them as worth the risk, pretty easily. Oddly enough, I didn't feel that way about Pickett, upside was basically bad version of Andy Dalton and that's a pass for me, I think Willis is a star or a bust, one or the other, I thinK Corral has about a 40% chance, maybe 43-45% chance of hitting as a top 8-14 type guy, and a 55-57% chance of being a career backup. I see Howell as a 50/50 guy.