Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

This is infuriating and it's what happens when you put a coach in charge of building a team.  He won't trade Daron because he knows he needs him to win this year.  He is trying to buy time until he can get a credible replacement for him on the roster, and thus he's going to get absolutely zero long term value out of one of his five best players on his team.

That’s true but if the comp for Payne would suck and it will since he’s a one year rental, how does it matter? I get that if we could turn him into a 23 2nd, it’s stupid to hold the asset but whose offering that? I don’t see it. Normally I’d side w/you, trading Trent, Kirk, Scherff earlier was the move but we had idiots in charge, we still do, but there argument here is at least reasonable.

My indictment is the grand mal

stupidity at QB, it’s so embarrassingly stupid that I find the franchise utterly hopeless when noted in conjunction w/ownership.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Didn't Wilson run a 4.38 and Olave a 4.39?

Yeah I don’t agree with this whole take but this makes sense to me in the approach. You can’t argue against value of a receiver and then argue for value of a center. 

I think you have those two mixed up. But if i remember correctly Wilson was specifically asked who was faster on a tv interview around combine time and he himself stated olave was faster.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let me help guys…

Drafting a center in the first round is ****ing dumb.

Not including *some* positional weight into BPA is ****ing dumb.

Carry on.

Especially Linderbaum. Who is a center only. He also got absolutely destroyed by Leo Chenal and Wisconsin. Hard pass.

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think you have those two mixed up. But if i remember correctly Wilson was specifically asked who was faster on a tv interview around combine time and he himself stated olave was faster.

image.png.87bf53c1e949103cf87a88483e73a3d2.png

image.png.59440d4a6c984486abfecc47fc93eb43.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too, i love Elijah Moore.  

I love this take so much I accidentally double quoted it. Anyone that can look like a stud on the jets w/Wilson throwing to him is a monster. Good to know the jets are still clinically insane. Apparently never bothered to check Samuels career medical.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me too, i love Elijah Moore. 

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think Deebo is a beast. But Elijah Moore is a beast too, and there's no reason his ceiling can't be 90% of Deebo. To get him for 3 more rookie contract years, #10 and a 2nd, a 2nd next year ... good lord. Massive overpay and I would RUN to the phone to accept it.

X1000

Jets are idiots, niners are too if they haven’t pounded accept on this offer if real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I love this take so much I accidentally double quoted it. Anyone that can look like a stud on the jets w/Wilson throwing to him is a monster. Good to know the jets are still clinically insane. Apparently never bothered to check Samuels career medical.

X1000

Jets are idiots, niners are too if they haven’t pounded accept on this offer if real.

If the offer is real Washington should really be calling the Jets and saying, "would a similar offer be on the table for McLaurin?"

I'm not saying accept it yet, but Elijah Moore + 10? My God. The rest is just bonus. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

No, but that's quite the strawman you have there.

Value is value.

First round value, esp. the top half of the first round is always the expensive positions. Always.

Sometimes there is someone with such alarming talent that you throw value out the window. 

But I WOULD put RB and Center value close to one another. Would you draft a RB at 11?

Our 4th string center played adequately last year. Where is the value in drafting a center at #11? Is he a slight upgrade over Roullier? Yes. But, Roullier knows the guys around him, the playbook and has NFL experience. Linderbaum isn't unseating him unless Chase goes down or can't play due to the season ending injury. So our #11 overall pick in a pivotal year is on the bench. 

If we were picking in the 20s I think the value for an IOL is much better for a high end prospect. I'd consider Linderbaum in that range. Same as I would a RB. 

I’d give center more value because of the horrific rb age cliff, but I wouldn’t touch either position in the top 16, rb only in late 20s, center late teens and only for monster prospects w/positional flexibility.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is a slow receiver on a 4-8 team that got his coach fired. I don’t remember him playing in the 62-33 loss to UCLA at home in the colosseum. So not sure which Td you are talking about but they were mostly put up by UCLA and there was some trash time scoring by USC. 

Other than the “slow” part which isn’t even true, none of that has anything to do with his traits as a player. 

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

I’d give center more value because of the horrific rb age cliff, but I wouldn’t touch either position in the top 16, rb only in late 20s, center late teens and only for monster prospects w/positional flexibility.

I'm not far from this take. Though not quite on with it. But in general I am in agreement. 

1 minute ago, Berggy9598 said:

Other than the “slow” part which isn’t even true, none of that has anything to do with his traits as a player. 

I tried to tell you...

SoCal is a UCLA fan. He thinks London is OJ Simpson. 

Not even worth the conversation. :ols:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

image.png.87bf53c1e949103cf87a88483e73a3d2.png

image.png.59440d4a6c984486abfecc47fc93eb43.png

I coulda sworn i saw the opposite. 

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/chris-olave-or-garrett-wilson-wilson-weighs-in-on-which-osu-wr-is-faster/

Leading up to the positional workouts, Wilson was interviewed on Wednesday and had one interesting question thrown his way. Which Buckeye receiver is faster?

Wilson was honest and gave the edge to Olave:

“Chris can really slide,” Wilson explained with a smile. “Back in college, I would say he’s faster, he’s got that get out. Chris has got some wheels on him.”

At least i remembered this part correctly 🤣

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

I coulda sworn i saw the opposite. 

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/chris-olave-or-garrett-wilson-wilson-weighs-in-on-which-osu-wr-is-faster/

Leading up to the positional workouts, Wilson was interviewed on Wednesday and had one interesting question thrown his way. Which Buckeye receiver is faster?

Wilson was honest and gave the edge to Olave:

“Chris can really slide,” Wilson explained with a smile. “Back in college, I would say he’s faster, he’s got that get out. Chris has got some wheels on him.”

At least i remembered this part correctly 🤣

Kind of sounds like a guy who thinks he's faster but wants to throw his buddy a bone... In reality they are about the same speed based on the 40...

Now, having said that... 40s suck for determining play speed. So maybe Olave is faster on the field. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is a slow receiver on a 4-8 team that got his coach fired. I don’t remember him playing in the 62-33 loss to UCLA at home in the colosseum. So not sure which Td you are talking about but they were mostly put up by UCLA and there was some trash time scoring by USC. 

He’s referring to the long TD Drake had against your beloved UCLA in a 52-35 W in 2019 as an 18 y.o true freshman. 8 catches 142yds 1 TD 17.8 avg.

I can see how you blocked that from your memory. 

I've seen people in this thread suggest getting a 3 down back. I agree with you, but I have a question. What is stopping Washington from using Antonio Gibson in a similar position as Deebo?

Washington coaches are always behind on everything. Not just this crew, but for the last few decades. Is there something in Gibson's play that prevents him from doing similar things as Deebo? They are similar in size and Gibson is an ex receiver.

Serious question. I'm not pretending to know everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kind of sounds like a guy who thinks he's faster but wants to throw his buddy a bone... In reality they are about the same speed based on the 40...

Now, having said that... 40s suck for determining play speed. So maybe Olave is faster on the field. 

Tend to agree with this. Look at Mckissic for example ran a 4.59 but when you watch him he plays much faster than that. 

2 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Wow. Definitely would have lost money betting on that and I've been a fan since his Seattle days. 

More reason to put less stock into 40s and more into game film. Though that can lie, too. Especially if you aren't well versed in it. But it can lie to the trained eye, too. 

Technology is awesome though. We can find out how many MPH a dude is running on a football field. 

Kind of negates the 40 when you can do that.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I like your approach and I don’t disagree with you, because you are looking at the draft as a multi-year process.

I think it’s a completely moot point because we use the draft to fill needs and try and win games immediately under this  the Ron Rivera Regime™️ We have a coach as our GM. He’s not focused on anything beyond winning an extra game in our current season, in my opinion, which is a problem, but hopefully it works out!

Ron Rivera Regime - RRR.  Man, we missed the boat (pun intended) - could have gone with a pirate theme team name.  Arrr!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not far from this take. Though not quite on with it. But in general I am in agreement. 

I tried to tell you...

London is too slow to commit double homicide. At best it would be attempted murder. 😆 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

X1000

I didn't check the sourcing on that blue checkmark that had the original tweet, but my guess is it is not a real offer because the Niners would have been crazy to not have already acepted.

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I tried to tell you...

My Dad was a tenured professor at UCLA so I detest USC and everything they stand for so I sympathize, but lazy takes are never ok in this thread. 

• Haha 1