Message added by TK,

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The way I am picturing it is:

1st pick:

2nd pick:

3rd pick: Carson Wentz, QB

4th pick:

5th pick: Packaged to move up in the third to draft Wentz

So in essence... We traded a 5th and used our 3rd to draft Carson Wentz.

I'm more than okay with not adding a FS so that we have a chance to complete passes that don't put our receivers in the hospital. 

I look at it slightly differently.  We package a future 3rd, 2nd, and 5th to lock up the long snapper spot.  The starting QB was a throw in to even it out.  🤥

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Personally I'd like to trade back further than Baltimore and get more draft capital, but if the only option is 14,76 and 100 from Baltimore I'd still take it.

Best-case scenario IMO ... trade from 11 to 13 or 14 and get a 3 or a 3+4 from either Houston (to take Hamilton) or Baltimore (to take an OT or CB)

Then we trade back again from 13 or 14. Assuming Jameson Williams is still there, that might be a sweet spot to go from 13/14 to 22 with Green Bay and taking 22 and a 2nd.

Then at #22 we can take the best WR or LB who is left. Assume Dean or Lloyd could be there. Probably Burks or Olave.

Then you go into Day 2 with 2/2/3 and Day 3 with 4/6/7/7 ... a good chunk of picks to do some damage.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Best-case scenario IMO ... trade from 11 to 13 or 14 and get a 3 or a 3+4 from either Houston (to take Hamilton) or Baltimore (to take an OT or CB)

Then we trade back again from 13 or 14. Assuming Jameson Williams is still there, that might be a sweet spot to go from 13/14 to 22 with Green Bay and taking 22 and a 2nd.

Then at #22 we can take the best WR or LB who is left. Assume Dean or Lloyd could be there. Probably Burks or Olave.

Then you go into Day 2 with 2/2/3 and Day 3 with 4/6/7/7 ... a good chunk of picks to do some damage.

Now I really like the sound of that.

I just figured a double trade down is statistically less probable than one big one like trading 11 for one of the teams with double dip picks like KC, GB or Detroit.

I'd be ecstatic with your trade scenario though. When's the last time a double trade down has happened? Does anyone know?

This one was ... different. Atlanta traded 8 to New Orleans for 16 and 19. They offered me a 3rd to go from 16 to 11 ... and then offered me a 2nd to go from 16 to 19. So they ended up at 11 and 16.

image.png.e470a090c75d4d2d1f3a1ef9d26b33f2.png

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I'd be ecstatic with your trade scenario though. When's the last time a double trade down has happened? Does anyone know?

Probably pretty rare honestly. The board could fall right though if we are willing to do it. We'd need Baltimore, Houston or New Orleans to trade up with us from 13/14/16 to get an OT or CB. Then we'd still need a top-tier WR to be there at 13/14/16 to entice Green Bay, Arizona or Kansas City. Of course, we'd then have to be willing to pass on said WR ... which we might not. We might be satisfied with taking a Jameson Williams/Garrett Wilson/Drake London at 13/14/16 knowing we added a 3rd, and knowing we could possibly use #47 to trade back a bit and add another 3rd later on. But I think we are situated well to do a small trade-back then another medium-trade back. Of course, we could just take a big jump back and get picks from GB. I'd prefer to get 22 and a pair of 2's from Green Bay as opposed to 22 and 28 so that we have a bit more flexibility to use picks to move around if we want to come back up fro someone, or move back and get more picks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Listening to the Junkies, take it for what it’s worth, they’ve identified two guys that they view as elite.  Their preference is not to take a WR at 11, but would like to trade down to get one.

My guess is Hamilton as one of the elite guys. I think he's our pick if we stay at 11 or London/Olave if we trade down.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I could see Baltimore liking Stingley. He's a very Baltimore pick. But I also question if they'd be willing to give up their super valuable mid rounders that they have multiple of.

Personally I'd like to trade back further than Baltimore and get more draft capital, but if the only option is 14,76 and 100 from Baltimore I'd still take it.

We're not getting THAT much from dropping down from 11 to 14.

In 2018, Zona traded #15+#79+#152 to move up to 10 (AND take a QB which raises the price).

I'd figure best we could get is 76.  However, more realistically, I'd figure we'd get 100+#141.

If the Ravens call us offering a 3rd to move up, presumably for Stingley, I'd call up the Vikings who pick at 12 and see if I can't get a bidding war going. They are also desperate for CB help. Hell call the Texans at 13 too and get a damn auction going.

I don't think we've ever had a FO that crafty though when it comes to maneuvering and playing the game that is the draft. 

13 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I was 100% correct on Heinicke. I am not infallible just seems that way arguing against you. 😂 

Aren't you the one that was yelling to give Heinicke a $20+ million contract mid-season and anyone who didn't agree was a moron? 

You even threw the moron tag at Ron for not rushing to throw money at Heinicke. Guess that was a boomerang, because that moron tag came right back, didn't it.  :ols:

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Thats awesome news. Give me Lloyd, Hamilton or Davis at 11 if we can't trade back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I'd figure best we could get is 76.  However, more realistically, I'd figure we'd get 100+#141.

Depends on how many teams are "in" and we could be in a sweet spot to get one of Houston, New Orleans, or Baltimore to come up for a CB or OT, not to mention GB, AZ and KC looking to come way up for a WR. Someone desirable should be there to bait in several teams.

But I generally agree, the most we likely get from Baltimore is a 3rd, or a Comp 3rd and a 4th. Both would be fine with me, because someone really good will be there at 14 ... and we could get another bigger trade down too.

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Wasn't the last time we did the double trade down the year we drafted the three second rounders who all busted?

Are you really trying to compare Bruce Allen days with our current FO?

What we did then means nothing now.

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

There is a god! Thank you Lord!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

@KDawg the things that jump out to me are Thornton at WR5, Likely at TE4, love Harris at LB2 and McDuffle in both top CB's and Hyb...I think he should be in the discussions more here...everyone is stuck on S and LB but he is a top tackler...we have discussed that prior! And look where you have Asamoah, wow!

46 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't see Atlanta gambling for the QB.  I think at worst, they trade up to try and nab Ridder/Howell/Coral from their high 2nd.  I think they want to trade down.  They seem to know they are rebuilding.  Better to use this year to develop while Tampa has their last dance.

Arthur Smith is going into his second season and he's a QB-centric and he needs a QB with arm talent to run his system.  He can't be going into offseason 3 with no QB plan.  He is not going to survive bad quarterbacking with no near-term upside on the roster.

If they don't pick a direction at QB this offseason then he will be in the same boat that Matt Ruhl is currently next year.  He'll be ****ed.  Malik Willis is their best option and he is far more important than picking someone like Hamilton or Gardner or Garrett Wilson for them.

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

@KDawg the things that jump out to me are Thornton at WR5, Likely at TE4, love Harris at LB2 and McDuffle in both top CB's and Hyb...I think he should be in the discussions more here...everyone is stuck on S and LB but he is a top tackler...we have discussed that prior! And look where you have Asamoah, wow!

Full disclosure, Pickens and Burks would probably be ahead of Thornton if I wasn't worried about character issues/WHY Burks was out of shape. If I knew/understood those things the list would shift. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Ron is a smart smart man. Glad he sees this draft for what it is. It's the solid starter/depth/glue-guy draft. Trade down and stack your team at as many positions as possible. No elite superstars, so why stay at 11!

So happy about this news.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 1

I also assume the team brought in Travon Walker because they see him as one of the elite talents, and should he fall to #11, they'd be willing to make that pick.

IF that were the case, I would expect Sweat to be moved on Day 1 or Day 2. Maybe a 2nd and a 2023 1st for Sweat. Not rooting for it by any means, but I can't see us going with Sweat-Young-Walker when we have solid DE depth with the Commanther vet add and Toney  and the 3 name guys.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I also assume the team brought in Travon Walker because they see him as one of the elite talents, and should he fall to #11, they'd be willing to make that pick.

IF that were the case, I would expect Sweat to be moved on Day 1 or Day 2. Maybe a 2nd and a 2023 1st for Sweat. Not rooting for it by any means, but I can't see us going with Sweat-Young-Walker when we have solid DE depth with the Commanther vet add and Toney  and the 3 name guys.

Walker is going top 2 either to Jacksonville or Detroit so its kind of a moot point.