Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

4 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Got my card ready to hand in to the commish and this is just agonizing watching the picks come through and praying nobody takes my guy.  I might have to actually do some work to distract myself.  

Let me put your mind at ease - I am taking your guy. So best to move on now...  🙂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

The Cincinnati Bengals sprint to the podium to turn in their card and complete the rebuilding of their interior offensive line.  With the addition of Trey Smith in round 2 we found our Left Guard and now it’s time to address the other side.

With the 65th pick in the ES draft the Cincinnati Bengals select, Aaron Banks, G Notre Dame.

This is another pick that may lack sizzle but fills a desperate need and adds another guy who whilst he may not have the highest ceiling also has a pretty high floor.  We will gladly take competence on our OL at this point and Banks is solid in all phases of the game.

image.thumb.jpeg.450a68ec0d0bb796bef076b351b34851.jpeg

Edited by WelshSkinsFan
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

The NY Jets select Jevon Holland, S, Oregon. 

Jets secondary is a mess. Holland comes in to likely fill a position of need as a nickel corner but his versatility will be invaluable. Great athlete with really good ball skills. 

Holland_Montana_SM.jpg

@thelongestbreath OTC

Ouch, was hoping he might fall to me. Nice pick up. 

• Like 1

With the 67th pick in the 3rd Round the Houston Texans select:

Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR USC

Texans bolster their WR core with a versitile receiver that can work out of every spot in the formation.  We look for St. Brown to be Will Fuller's replacement.

amon-ra.jpg

Edited by thelongestbreath
  • Like 5

With the 68th pick in the 2021 ES Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select - Baron Browning - LB Ohio State: 

We continue from the 2nd rd bolstering our D. We like our core of LBs to be honest but with our new DC wanting guys that are more versatile, Baron fits that perfectly as his versatility to play ILB in a 3-4 or pretty much any position in a 4-3. 

This is from Tony Pauline: "Athletic, explosive linebacker who flashes dominance. Fast moving in every direction, fluid getting to the play laterally, and possesses a burst to the ball. Cuts off the corners from running backs, shows strength, and makes the tackle in space. Explosive hitter who jars the ball loose, forcing fumbles. Quick and fluid in reverse, displays outstanding range, and fires to the ball out of his plant in coverage. Plays off blocks, redirects to the ball handler, and immediately alters his angle of attack getting to the action."

He needs to work on consistency but is a very athletic and versatile LB. 

image.png.c64fc2b4346c195d0a58a9309fa0370c.png

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

With the 68th pick in the 2021 ES Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select - Baron Browning - LB Ohio State: 

We continue from the 2nd rd bolstering our D. We like our core of LBs to be honest but with our new DC wanting guys that are more versatile, Baron fits that perfectly as his versatility to play ILB in a 3-4 or pretty much any position in a 4-3. 

This is from Tony Pauline: "Athletic, explosive linebacker who flashes dominance. Fast moving in every direction, fluid getting to the play laterally, and possesses a burst to the ball. Cuts off the corners from running backs, shows strength, and makes the tackle in space. Explosive hitter who jars the ball loose, forcing fumbles. Quick and fluid in reverse, displays outstanding range, and fires to the ball out of his plant in coverage. Plays off blocks, redirects to the ball handler, and immediately alters his angle of attack getting to the action."

He needs to work on consistency but is a very athletic and versatile LB. 

Great pick, was going to grab him in the fourth if he continued to slide.  Thought about it before St Brown but went with need + value over a player with slightly higher skill.  OSU fan, Browning imho never got enough credit during the season for his efforts on a defense that at times struggled compared to years past.  He can play all over the field and could align in a hybrid system as a box safety with his athleticism if a team wants to run a 4-2-5

Edit because I'm a moron: I'm all over the place with my picks this year...just added the fourth rd pick I have and completely overlooked in my signature.  This has been a bad start to my first year in the ESM.  Thankfully my picks have worked out where I wanted them to.

Edited by thelongestbreath
  • Like 1