Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

26 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Although Detroit was a top 32 team against the rush in 2020.  We can still make improvements.  Fat-boy Summer.  In the third round of the ES GM Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa 

Awww snap. You snagged my guy. 

I feel like people are sleeping on Nixon. He's going to be an absolute stud. 

• Like 2

With the 74th Pick of the 2021 ES Mock...the Washington Football Team selects Elijah Molden CB Washington 5'10 190lbs..

Bio:

The son of former Oregon and NFL defensive back Alex Molden was a top-200 overall recruit nationally out of West Linn, Oregon. His brother, Isaiah, was a defensive lineman at Western Oregon. Elijah Molden played in all 13 games as a reserve and on special teams as a true freshman in 2017 (19 tackles, one pass breakup). He earned all-conference status as a sophomore, garnering second-team honors as a special teams ace (also won the team's Special Teams Player of the Year Award) by making 29 total tackles while also breaking up five passes in 14 games (two starts) on defense. Molden pulled off a rare feat for a cornerback, leading the Huskies with 79 tackles in 13 starts as a junior. He also topped the squad with four interceptions, 13 pass breakups and tied for the team lead with three forced fumbles on his way to first-team All-Pac-12 honors. League coaches voted him to the top squad in 2020, as well (26 tackles, one interception, one pass breakup). He was a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy, which is also known as the Academic Heisman. -- by Chad Reuter

Analysis
NFL Comparison
Tyrann Mathieu
Overview
Evaluators will love his instincts, pedigree and elite football character. Some teams might worry about his long speed and whether he can play down the field as a man-to-man nickel while others will see him as a little short to be playing safety. However, there will likely be more teams who see it the other way, viewing Molden as a versatile defender whose competitive nature, play strength and anticipation help him play as big and fast as he needs to. He's a team leader with NFL-caliber play recognition and feel for the game. While he does lack plus acceleration out of transitions, he has fast feet and plays with good balance around the field in both coverage and as a steady, open-field tackler. Molden plays in the mold of a Washington defensive back: with urgency and a nose for the football. He is a Day 2 talent with the intangibles to help elevate a defense.
Strengths
  • Legendary level of football character with a deep, passionate love of the game.
  • Talent and film show potential to play safety and/or nickel.
  • Father was an NFL cornerback.
  • Sees game clearly, helping him play faster than timed speed.
  • Makes eye-catching pre-snap diagnosis.
  • Feisty getting downhill against runs and receiver screens.
  • Rarely runs himself completely out of position in run support.
  • Reliable, ready and strong as open-field tackler.
  • Patient when mirroring release from the slot.
  • Agile, fast feet in his transitions.
  • Looks to smother route breaks in man coverage.
  • Instincts and anticipation keep him locked into route developments from zone.
  • Shows ability for quick plant-and-drive before the ball comes out.
  • On his toes and movement-ready no matter the coverage.
Weaknesses
  • Short and stocky for the safety spot.
  • Gives noticeable ground when flipping hips to sprint.
  • Could struggle with finding functional recovery speed in certain matchups.
  • Average athleticism to stay connected to routes from trail position.
  • Average lateral recovery when he gets his face crossed.
  • Won't get away with as much off-hand hooking at catch point.
  • Will bite on the occasional play-action bait.
  • Longer frames could give him some trouble in contested catch battles.
Sources Tell Us

"You start to like him more and more with the more tape you watch because you see how smart and instinctive he is." -- Area scout for NFC team

@Davistron20on the clock

@Redskins Reparations on deck

@KDawgin the wings

@PartyPosse coming soon

@duffy coming soon

@duffycoming soon

If anyone is cutting out for the night please send over your lists, ty.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Davistron20 said:

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to help out the Chicago Bears for being kind enough to take Andy Dalton off their hands:

Dallas sends picks #75 and #238 to Chicago for picks #83, #204, #221 and their 2022 3rd-round pick.

@clskinsfan you're up! 

Who’s Chicago’s GM? Bill O’Brien?!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

With the 75th Pick the Chicago Bears select:

Tylan Wallace    WR, Oklahoma State.

After trading up and getting their franchise QB with the 2nd pick. Chicago needed to add another weapon opposite Allen Robinson. I have Wallace ranked as my 40th best prospect in this draft. And I am having a hard time understanding why he has fallen this far. After posting a 4.39 at his pro day his stock has only risen further. Wallace is a tough, hard nosed separator. He has great hands and is also an aggressive blocker. Chicago is thrilled to add him as another target for Zach Wilson. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

With the 75th Pick the Chicago Bears select:

Tylan Wallace    WR, Oklahoma State.

After trading up and getting their franchise QB with the 2nd pick. Chicago needed to add another weapon opposite Allen Robinson. I have Wallace ranked as my 40th best prospect in this draft. And I am having a hard time understanding why he has fallen this far. After posting a 4.39 at his pro day his stock has only risen further. Wallace is a tough, hard nosed separator. He has great hands and is also an aggressive blocker. Chicago is thrilled to add him as another target for Zach Wilson. 

SNIPED AGAIN! lol great pick!

• Like 1

Ok guys, @clskinsfan @Davistron20 Your trade involved a future 3rd round pick. However @clskinsfan already used future picks in his move up to get Zach Wilson...

The rules are that you can only trade future picks once. It slipped beneath my radar, I apologize, I would have brought it up from the get go..

So your deal needs to be amended or cancelled..Before we can continue with the proceedings. Not trying to be a pain, but dems the rules. So talk it out and let us know.

Thanks guys.

@Redskins Reparations please hold off on your pick until we work this out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Ok guys, @clskinsfan @Davistron20 Your trade involved a future 3rd round pick. However @clskinsfan already used future picks in his move up to get Zach Wilson...

The rules are that you can only trade future picks once. It slipped beneath my radar, I apologize, I would have brought it up from the get go..

So your deal needs to be amended or cancelled..Before we can continue with the proceedings. Not trying to be a pain, but dems the rules. So talk it out and let us know.

Thanks guys.

@Redskins Reparations please hold off on your pick until we work this out.

Oh crap. Didnt know that. Give us a minute. 

• Like 1