Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

I think the take away is that people are uncomfortable or biased against the disabled. That is what I will takeaway if Oz wins after being buried pretty deeply going into the debate.

Does he have cognitive impairment? Really hard to say, but it is likely minor.  But he has speech and hearing impairments and those are being used to act like he has cognitive impairment. 

A number of Senators have had recent strokes and Senator Tim Johnson had a severe brain injury and was re-elected -- he had his issue in 2006/07 and served until 2015.  

• Like 3

The real story is that someone who apparently has never lived in PA and has abandoned his political views and his medical competence to sellout for snake oil $ and more recently MAGA love might win in PA.

Mehmet Oz is a ****ing joke these days. Why he gets a pass from the media is beyond me. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So did Fetterman really do poorly against Oz in the debate? I've only seen a few short clips and don't have the time to watch the whole thing right now...but one of the clips I did see was really bad. 😐

I heard a couple of clips, he sounded bad.

Oz may a squeek thru.

This midterm could be shaping like midterms usually do; throwing the incumbent party.

At the house, gop likely wins close to the midterm norm of 25/26 seats.

The real nightmare could be Senate.

PA - Undecided may go with OZ.

OH- Vance likely to win I this red state.

NV- Likely flipping to gop.

WA- Murruy could loose reelection and this seat flip to gop

GA- who knows. A toss up.

AZ- Kari Lake could have coattails and bring Masters with her. If voters give her the governorship, why wouldn't they also give Masters a vote. I fully agree with what the Lincoln project says about the governor race. I posted their latest podcast yesterday in this thread.

Will the worse case happen? Who knows but gop has the momentum now.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

I think the take away is that people are uncomfortable or biased against the disabled. That is what I will takeaway if Oz wins after being buried pretty deeply going into the debate.

Does he have cognitive impairment? Really hard to say, but it is likely minor.  But he has speech and hearing impairments and those are being used to act like he has cognitive impairment. 

A number of Senators have had recent strokes and Senator Tim Johnson had a severe brain injury and was re-elected -- he had his issue in 2006/07 and served until 2015.  

Speaking as a stroke survivor, I suffered and continue to suffer from aphasia, it gets better over time. I also suffered impairment on my left side and that's getting better. My biggest problem is that my stamina is lacking, I'm good for 2-4 hours depending on the activity.

But there are lots of different impairments and Fetterman is still experiencing some of them. I didn't have therapy because I couldn't afford it (no insurance). Fetterman probably does which explains his rapid recovery. One's brain doesn't function like before and his confusion in his speech shows that. It was too fast for him at this time. He'll be much better as he continues to recover. We don't know anything about his stamina. He'll have lots of staff like they all do. I think he'll be fine. He's certainly better right now than that quack Oz.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Fetterman is a terrible candidate. It's a shame Connor Lamb did not win the primary. However, Fetterman will get my vote. If Connor was up against Oz, it wouldn't be a contest, much like Shapiro vs. Mastriano. 

Fetterman isn't a terrible candidate!   He's just having a few problems communicating right now.   

The fracking question puzzled me, but it is confusing to a lot of folks who never knew the storyline.  (I'm in ATL and would gladly revert to all-electric in my house if I could, but I'm working with the hand I was dealt.)  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Fetterman isn't a terrible candidate!   

I think the big things he's getting hammered on are: He lived at home as an adult for several years without much income and has said some stuff the right would eat alive (which they have in commercials) about release of criminals. There are a few other things, but policy wise I like him. However, people had to know he was going to get hammered on these things. Please keep in mind, as a person I like him. As a candidate, not so much.

As polls have tightened up during the campaign, those two issues have come true. Those were not issues with Connor Lamb, plus Connor has a military background. Getting swing voters, there are many in PA considering the dislike for Oz, Lamb would have secured those voters. The polls would look much more like the Shapiro/Mastriano race right now. The Dems are in danger of losing this race based on Fetterman. I recognize the health issues can't be helped and the stroke happened right before the primary. 

Edited by Busch1724

22 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s going to put a woman on the ticket. Tulsi or MTG or some other aunt lidia. If I remember correctly, they bled women in 2018-2020 and that will be their attempt to help win them back. 

Trump’s vanity will make him pick a sexy woman…

….like Ginni Thomas.

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s going to put a woman on the ticket. Tulsi or MTG or some other aunt lidia. If I remember correctly, they bled women in 2018-2020 and that will be their attempt to help win them back. 

Like Kristi Noem.