Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bloomberg: How WallStreetBets Pushed GameStop Shares to the Moon

No Excuses

So apparently my buddies doge strategy was to randomly get out and then randomly get back in. 

so somehow on a coin being up 70% he’s got about 30% worth of profit

this is the dumb **** that happens to you when you have no strategy and just click buttons. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I haven't bought any GME stock yet, but I'm debating whether or not to just buy 2 at the price right now and hope it doubles tomorrow :ols: 

i mean look I’m not one to trust on this stuff but I’m gonna say that maybe this isn’t as good of an idea as it sounds

-signed

guy that bought Nokia this morning and laughed at my buddy’s doge move 

(he’s currently up 40% and I’m down 10% so...)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So why is this happening now instead of some other previous time? Was there some event that popped it off? 

Its why the internet is dangerous. Im sure a number of circumstances added together to make this a thing. But mostly its probably people like me with enough to play but not enough to do any damage getting together on the internet since they cant go outside (not that i would) and coming up with something that actually worked. Once people saw it working it was off to the races. Social Media, boredom, Pandemic savings, and a lot of free time if I had to guess.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

So why is this happening now instead of some other previous time? Was there some event that popped it off? 

Yes. 

Some redditors identified a short play against GameStop that was super aggressive. They took such a large position they wouldn’t be able to cover their short if they were wrong. So they got on board with eating up the rest of the stocks. 

it’s now turned into a “**** the hedge funds” “movement”

ultimately though that sort of opportunity should be rare. The other companies on the target list are being heavily shorted but not in the aggressive way the GameStop short was. 

in fact there was a solid argument to be made that the other companies were silly to try this on. The shorts in those companies have a way to cover

but... it’s blown up to a trending topic so maybe it would have worked. 

my hope was to ride the pump and dump on Nokia. 

buy they shut down trading to stop this. So... that plan of mine so far looks like a ****ty plan

im holding out hope they switch platforms and pick it back up 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

my hope was to ride the pump and dump on Nokia. 

buy they shut down trading to stop this. So... that plan of mine so far looks like a ****ty plan

im holding out hope they switch platforms and pick it back up 

Robinhood is "allowing" limited trading starting tomorrow. So hope is not dead but its on life support. 

I will say cats are out for revenge on Reddit. And thats a hell of a motivator. 

• Like 1