Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Of course he is going to request the highest possible deal but I think other teams are aware of his injury history and will not offer him a guaranteed contract.  His agent is going to certainly push for the highest contract but I think it’s plausible that we are able to sign him to decent salary but have incentives in place.  Maybe Scherff buys into the direction we are headed in and signs a team friendly deal.  Most contracts are incentive based with a decent guaranteed salary.  

Sherff turned down an offer to be the highest paid Guard in the NFL last off-season, he's gone in my opinion and we have a more than capable replacement in Schweitzer to start in 2022. And for around 10m less cap hit as well. 

HTTR 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Sherff turned down an offer to be the highest paid Guard in the NFL last off-season, he's gone in my opinion and we have a more than capable replacement in Schweitzer to start in 2022. And for around 10m less cap hit as well. 

HTTR 

I was unaware that he was striving to be the highest paid guard in the NFL. This definitely changes my opinion…

Maybe Saahdiq Charles can be the long term solution while Schweitzer man’s RG. I could live with that.

2 hours ago, UK Skins said:

You really think the guy that wanted to be the top paid guard in the whole NFL is going to take an incentive based deal??!! Especially given his injury record. HE knows he will get injured (again) next year, same as we do.

I am not sure what the rule is in regards to trading players who have signed the franchise tag but is it possible to trade him before the trading deadline for draft compensation?

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I am not sure what the rule is in regards to trading players who have signed the franchise tag but is it possible to trade him before the trading deadline for draft compensation?

Trade deadline has come and gone.

I saw that we have Wendell Smallwood on the PS as insurance if JDMcK can’t go.  He said his good though, right?

Looks like the 2022 league salary cap will be roughly 208mil.

Gives us in excess of 60mil, but once you factor in the space required to get to minimum roster numbers it’s more like 48mil in effective space. Broadly top 5 in the league so plenty to work with....unless you go big at QB of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Looks like the 2022 league salary cap will be roughly 208mil.

Gives us in excess of 60mil, but once you factor in the space required to get to minimum roster numbers it’s more like 48mil in effective space. Broadly top 5 in the league so plenty to work with....unless you go big at QB of course.

Looks to be some really interesting players available at FS, OLB and WR, as well as Oline.

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Looks to be some really interesting players available at FS, OLB and WR, as well as Oline.

I hope they don’t go nuts with blowing money. What we have learned is this team is excellent at signing bargain FAs and stinks at signing big name guys, whether luck or something else. Use the cap room to resign Leno, McKissic and other key guys whose deals expire at the end of the year. I don’t know if 2022 cap room applies to extensions that start in 2023 (wrt to signing bonus) but consider that too for McLaurin, Payne, Holcomb and other guys who will be eligible for extensions.

If I were to splurge on one FA signing though, it would be a stud FS like a Marcus Williams or Marcus Maye

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:36 PM, Redskins Reparations said:

I was unaware that he was striving to be the highest paid guard in the NFL. This definitely changes my opinion…

Maybe Saahdiq Charles can be the long term solution while Schweitzer man’s RG. I could live with that.

Can't forget about Flowers, dude has been playing his nads off all year.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, method man said:

I hope they don’t go nuts with blowing money. What we have learned is this team is excellent at signing bargain FAs and stinks at signing big name guys, whether luck or something else. Use the cap room to resign Leno, McKissic and other key guys whose deals expire at the end of the year. I don’t know if 2022 cap room applies to extensions that start in 2023 (wrt to signing bonus) but consider that too for McLaurin, Payne, Holcomb and other guys who will be eligible for extensions.

If I were to splurge on one FA signing though, it would be a stud FS like a Marcus Williams or Marcus Maye

I dont think we're a team that "splurges" any more or have been for a while. We've aggressively gone after a couple while having hard ceilings. 

Maye was my top FA after Simmons was tagged last year and will be again this year.

I really wanted Milano but he resigned with the Bills and we stuck with Bostic. That position is still a gapping hole, that we've temporarily patched with Collins. Collins will be gone, as will Bostic hopefully. Do we hope to fill that hole with a day 2 or 3 pick and wait for them grow into it or do we sign a Bostic level LBer or do we "splurge" and go after Reddick, Barr or Chandler Jones? I'd throw down big on Reddick personally. 

Is having Terry, Carter and Samuel's sufficient as our WRs or would having DeVonta Adams opposite Terry really put us over the top? Maybe Allen Robinson, although he's similar to TMac and we don't have the QB to capitalize on having those two.

So, is signing 3 of the best best FAs at those positions splurging? Is it irresponsible spending? Replacing McCain with Maye would be awesome. Having Reddick to blitz yesterday or stop all the RBs in the flat would have been a game changer yesterday, right?

Adams or even AJ Green, big athletic WRs catching those high late passes yesterday would have made a huge difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think there is any chance we go after a big name like Adams if the Packers even made him available. We're not really that kind of team anymore in FA.

We went after Cooper pretty aggressively. Last year Samuel's was clearly our target and We drafted Brown on day 2. We haven't been quiet about addressing the WR position at all. 

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We went after Cooper pretty aggressively. Last year Samuel's was clearly our target and We drafted Brown on day 2. We haven't been quiet about addressing the WR position at all. 

I don't put Samuel in that same tier. Adams is going to get a monster contract. Probably highest paid WR in the league type money.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't put Samuel in that same tier. Adams is going to get a monster contract. Probably highest paid WR in the league type money.

Okay. You said "we won't go after a big name". We have two years in a row at that position. You could argue that Samuels isn't a big name and that's fine. 

Year one we went after the biggest name WR

Year two we went after a big name, not the biggest and drafted the position high.

It's still a position of need

Year three? I think we are aggressive at WR.

If turner continues this dink n dunk offense then davante would be a waste. It makes sense why we went after Samuel hard and he’s molded for this scheme.

We need ILB and FS… as usual. With Logan going down with the ACL/MCL, a receiving TE could be in order. It’s a key component in this offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

If turner continues this dink n dunk offense then davante would be a waste. It makes sense why we went after Samuel hard and he’s molded for this scheme.

We need ILB and FS… as usual. With Logan going down with the ACL/MCL, a receiving TE could be in order. It’s a key component in this offense.

Jalen Wydermyer would be an excellent selection. But we'd be very crowded at tight end and not so crowded at FS/LB and using a first on him may be a waste. But he's a BIG target that can block and catch. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The dink and dunk is going to be our offense, until we have a QB who is throwing long passes well, so might as well invest in a big bodied WR that can out muscle guys and make the catch.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:14 AM, Warhead36 said:

The Scherff stat isn't that surprising when you think about it. He is a dominant player and this team doesn't really have any other dominant players(Young was kinda close to it last year at times). Allen this year has been, but that's it. When you don't have that much talent, and you take away one of the few really great players you have, your win % should plummet.

Scherff is outstanding. The only Gs that are better are Zack Martin and Quintin Nelson and the gap isn't that wide. But he's gonna be over 30 and have an injury history. Let him walk.

I think you undersell some of our players.  Some of them are just underutilized.  Scherff has moments where he looks far less than dominant.  I think we have someone more than serviceable to replace him.  You can’t say that at some of our other positions.

48 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

He got pretty pissed off during the game yesterday, didnt see what happened but assuming it had to do with a little extra curricular on Heineke?  

Yep.  That was it.  And this time it wasn’t really dirty because 4 fell on a player and wasn’t down.  But you can understand why Flowers took exception.  He was a warrior yesterday.  Could barely walk during practice this week and gutted it out.  Reminded me of Trent.

• Thanks 1