Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Or 3rd and 1 FB dives...

Not to mention he's only on the practice squad.

Maybe, but I’ll be honest I don’t know how much it’ll help. We’re not just getting stopped just short on those third downs, the OL is getting bodied on those plays and losing real estate. 

• Like 1

I like this new FB. Here's a paragraph on him

Few outside of Carrollton, Georgia, knew much about Armah before Saturday, when the Panthers selected the defensive end/linebacker/tight end/H-back in the sixth round of the NFL draft.

The Panthers projected the 6-foot-2, 253-pound player known as "Double A" to play fullback, a position he really hadn’t played since high school. They see him potentially as the next Mike Tolbert, a three-time Pro Bowler (2013, ’15, ’16) for the Panthers who now plays for the Buffalo Bills.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats awesome. I love a good full back. Him and Bates is a blocking wrecking crew on short runs.

Honestly I would love to see him on the active roster Sunday. I was saying I thought we needed a FB more than a number 2 (or number 3) TE. My main thought was that we could play more sets with a RB/FB or TE/FB over just two TEs. Then I like this guy because he seems to have the position flex that Rivera likes so he could line up as TE as well. I wonder what he has looked like in action 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly I would love to see him on the active roster Sunday. I was saying I thought we needed a FB more than a number 2 (or number 3) TE. My main thought was that we could play more sets with a RB/FB or TE/FB over just two TEs. Then I like this guy because he seems to have the position flex that Rivera likes so he could line up as TE as well. I wonder what he has looked like in action 

I wonder if he's much of a pass catcher. Deception is a big part of Turners game. Remember when we'd match Jordan Reed on and off the field telling everyone that we're passing or running? That sucked.  :ols:

Bates is a good catcher. Having multiple guys like AG, McKissic and Samuel's who can run or catch creates some fun plays.

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wonder if he's much of a pass catcher. Deception is a big part of Turners game. Remember when we'd match Jordan Reed on and off the field telling everyone that we're passing or running? That sucked.  :ols:

Bates is a good catcher. Having multiple guys like AG, McKissic and Samuel's who can run or catch creates some fun plays.

I was looking for that too. I didn't see much in the scouting report there. I hope that's not a tell but at the same time I'd wonder what we'd do with him. My thing is can he be a guy who can take a wheel route or be a safety for Heinicke after protection? I mean I was spoiled with Logan and Sellars. I want that again. I thought Ron would bring it back with some form of smash mouth football. With the last 3 weeks we're seeing something like that. I have my hopes. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I was looking for that too. I didn't see much in the scouting report there. I hope that's not a tell but at the same time I'd wonder what we'd do with him. My thing is can he be a guy who can take a wheel route or be a safety for Heinicke after protection? I mean I was spoiled with Logan and Sellars. I want that again. I thought Ron would bring it back with some form of smash mouth football. With the last 3 weeks we're seeing something like that. I have my hopes. 

I guess it's not really a secret what play we're running on 3rd and 1. Just needed a bigger ram. I bet the oline is happy about it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You aren't the only one. That's why I crushed on Tommy Tremble in the 3rd round last year

• Like 1

Love this move. It's been way too long. The Saints replaced him with a rookie mid-season this year, so he might not become a permanent fixture here. But I love that RR (and hopefully Turner) are considering a way to keep the bruises off our RB rotation and onto opposing LBers.

• Like 4

That's great news about the FB. I've been calling for us to sign one for a few seasons now, (OK, I was calling more specifically for a FB/TE hybrid, but I'm still claiming it).

With the emergence of RSJ and Bates, we will hopefully use some three TE sets or two TEs plus a FB. With our pass catching RBs we could kill defenses with play action (something that Heinicke excels at). If we would then start using pulling lineman more, I think we could establish a new team identity and our offense would really start to roll.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

The Scherff stat isn't that surprising when you think about it. He is a dominant player and this team doesn't really have any other dominant players(Young was kinda close to it last year at times). Allen this year has been, but that's it. When you don't have that much talent, and you take away one of the few really great players you have, your win % should plummet.

Scherff is outstanding. The only Gs that are better are Zack Martin and Quintin Nelson and the gap isn't that wide. But he's gonna be over 30 and have an injury history. Let him walk.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Scherff stat isn't that surprising when you think about it. He is a dominant player and this team doesn't really have any other dominant players(Young was kinda close to it last year at times). Allen this year has been, but that's it. When you don't have that much talent, and you take away one of the few really great players you have, your win % should plummet.

Scherff is outstanding. The only Gs that are better are Zack Martin and Quintin Nelson and the gap isn't that wide. But he's gonna be over 30 and have an injury history. Let him walk.

I definitely agree that his injury history is concerning.  That’s why the FO should pursue signing Scherff to an incentive based deal and limit the amount of guaranteed money in his contract.  If my memory serves me correctly, he was requesting a guaranteed deal during last years off season.  I highly doubt any other organization would be willing sign him to a guaranteed contract if he decides to opt for free agency.  

32 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

You really think the guy that wanted to be the top paid guard in the whole NFL is going to take an incentive based deal??!! Especially given his injury record. HE knows he will get injured (again) next year, same as we do.

Of course he is going to request the highest possible deal but I think other teams are aware of his injury history and will not offer him a guaranteed contract.  His agent is going to certainly push for the highest contract but I think it’s plausible that we are able to sign him to decent salary but have incentives in place.  Maybe Scherff buys into the direction we are headed in and signs a team friendly deal.  Most contracts are incentive based with a decent guaranteed salary.  

34 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Of course he is going to request the highest possible deal but I think other teams are aware of his injury history and will not offer him a guaranteed contract.  His agent is going to certainly push for the highest contract but I think it’s plausible that we are able to sign him to decent salary but have incentives in place.  Maybe Scherff buys into the direction we are headed in and signs a team friendly deal.  Most contracts are incentive based with a decent guaranteed salary.  

Funniest post I’ve ever read here.

• Haha 2