Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Live Updates: Jan. 6 Committee Refers  Former President Trump for Criminal Prosecution

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol accused former President Donald J. Trump on Monday of inciting insurrection, conspiracy to defraud the United States, obstruction of an act of Congress and one more federal crime as it referred him to the Justice Department for potential prosecution.

The action, the first time in American history that Congress has referred a former president for criminal prosecution, is the coda to the committee’s intense 18-month investigation into Mr. Trump’s effort to overturn the 2020 election that culminated in a violent mob of the former president’s supporters laying siege to the Capitol.

The criminal referrals were a major escalation for a congressional investigation that is the most significant in a generation. The panel referred five other Trump allies — Mark Meadows, his final chief of staff, and the lawyers Rudolph W. Giuliani, John Eastman, Jeffrey Clark and Kenneth Chesebro — for potential prosecution for actions the committee said warranted Justice Department investigation. The charges would carry lengthy prison sentences if federal prosecutors chose to pursue them.

----------

The panel also referred four Republican members of Congress to the House Ethics Committee, including the man seeking to become the next speaker, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, because of their refusal to comply with the panel’s subpoenas. The other Republicans referred were Representatives Jim Jordan of Ohio, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, and Andy Biggs of Arizona.

Click on the link for the full article

37 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why are they not naming the “others” for the criminal referral?

See above

Edited by China

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Listening to Rachel Maddow's "Ultra" podcast makes me appreciate having the J6 committee at work while the DoJ does its thing behind the scene. If you haven't heard it yet, you should. It's excellent.

I'm a big fan of hers in general, probably one of the smartest people on Earth.  She never fails to deliver.  If she's on the hunt, she'll find the answer.  When I first started listening to her on radio, then she started covering for everyone's vacations on MSNBC...then got her own show...I knew she's a serious journalist.   Her A block was always something absolutely NO ONE ELSE was following.  (Alex Wagner is covering for her fabulously, however.)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

40 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm a big fan of hers in general, probably one of the smartest people on Earth.  She never fails to deliver.  If she's on the hunt, she'll find the answer.  When I first started listening to her on radio, then she started covering for everyone's vacations on MSNBC...then got her own show...I knew she's a serious journalist.   Her A block was always something absolutely NO ONE ELSE was following.  (Alex Wagner is covering for her fabulously, however.)

Agree completely...her delivery is perfect and she states everything in a clear, concise manner that is easy to understand and grasp. There's a sense of "Do you get it now?" in her delivery lol...but completely free of any condescension.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Agree completely...her delivery is perfect and she states everything in a clear, concise manner that is easy to understand and grasp. There's a sense of "Do you get it now?" in her delivery lol...but completely free of any condescension.

And there are tons of back-stories that she tosses in.  Every episode was a really, solid history lesson. 

How do you feel about Alex taking over the latter of the week?  I think she's doing well.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And there are tons of back-stories that she tosses in.  Every episode was a really, solid history lesson. 

How do you feel about Alex taking over the latter of the week?  I think she's doing well.

I haven't watched Alex very much but I did like what I saw. Rachel was someone I sought out. I'll have to give Alex some attention as well.

EDIT: just went to YouTube to watch one of her latest segments...she is indeed really good. Rachel's personality is more ingratiating, but Alex gives off a similar gravitas in how she conducts her segments.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

What a cuck.  I hope DOJ subpoenas him to get all the details of Trump's pressure campaign.

Mike Pence Blames Lawyers for Trump's 'Criminal' Behavior

Former Vice President Mike Pence said Monday that he doesn't feel former President Donald Trump should be charged for his role in the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, arguing Trump had merely followed poor advice from his legal team.

Pence's comments about any potential criminal behavior on the part of Trump came during an appearance on Fox News, where he discussed a report that the former president could face charges from the Department of Justice (DOJ) in relation to his actions during the Capitol riot.

"When it comes to the Justice Department's decision about about bringing charges in the future, I would hope that they would not bring charges against the former president," Pence said. "As I wrote in my book, I think the president's actions and words on January 6 were reckless. But I don't know that it's criminal to take bad advice from lawyers."

After Pence's comments about Trump's lawyers, Perino said, "There might be criminal referrals on that too."

• Thumb down 2

‘1776 Motherf–ker’: Proud Boys Jan. 6 Sedition Trial Ramps Up

THE SEDITION TRIAL of former Proud Boys national chairman Enrique Tarrio is ramping up in Washington, D.C., this week, with jury selection due to begin Monday.

The federal government charges that Tarrio, along with four key deputies, conspired to oppose the transition of power from President Donald Trump to President-Elect Joe Biden by force — with several Proud Boys members wreaking havoc on Jan. 6, 2021, and celebrating afterward.

Following the conviction last month of Oath Keeper founder Stewart Rhodes, the Tarrio trial marks the Department of Justice’s second attempt to nail a right-wing militant leader for sedition. Sedition trial are rare and convictions even rarer. The successful prosecution of Rhodes and Kelly Meggs, a top Oath Keepers deputy, were the first sedition guilty verdicts in more than a quarter of a century. (A second sedition trial of Oath Keeper subordinates is also underway.) 

The Proud Boys are a far-right drinking and fighting club that promotes “Western Chauvinism” — which they define as a refusal “to apologize for creating the modern world.” The group is infamous for brawling with anti-fascists during street protests.

The Jan. 6 committee’s big reveal hasn’t happened yet

The Jan. 6 select committee’s last — and most important — act won’t happen in a hearing room.

It will come when one of the panel’s last, beleaguered staffers hits the “publish” button on its collection of evidence compiled over 18 months of investigation, material that still remains almost entirely secret.

The committee is sitting on a stockpile of nearly 1,200 witness interview transcripts and reams of hard-won documents about Donald Trump’s attempt to derail the peaceful transfer of power. While the select panel’s nine members gathered on Monday to refer evidence of Trump’s potential crimes to the Justice Department, that raw information — not the showmanship of a final in-person public meeting — will tell the story the committee has labored to piece together.

The 160-page executive summary, which precedes a final panel report set for release as soon as Wednesday, hints at the extraordinary range of documents the committee collected. It references at least 30 “productions” of documents from various witnesses and agencies, including White House visitor logs, Secret Service radio frequencies and the Department of Labor, where then-Secretary Eugene Scalia produced a Jan. 8, 2021, memo seeking to call a Cabinet meeting to discuss the transfer of power.

“The select committee intends to make public the bulk of its nonsensitive records before the end of the year,” the panel’s chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), said Monday. Thompson has stressed that the taxpayer-funded investigation’s materials should be made available to the public: “These transcripts and documents will allow the American people to see the evidence we have gathered and continue to explore the information that has led us to our conclusions.”

Yet crucial questions remain about which evidence the panel will treat as off-limits to the public — including whether it will post hundreds of hours of video interviews alongside its transcripts. Thompson has also emphasized that transcripts will be redacted to exclude private information and law enforcement or national security-related details. And some witnesses who requested anonymity would receive it, Thompson has said.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1