Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

18 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This guy talking now...yeesh lol. He's like Flash from Zootopia...

No kidding.  I would almost wonder if he isn't a walking talking filibuster of the proceedings. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Exclusive: Read Judge Luttig's statement to January 6 committee

CNN has obtained a statement from retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig, a Republican who is testifying at Thursday's January 6 committee hearing. Luttig will provide a sharp condemnation of former President Donald Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election, saying Trump and his allies "instigated" a war on democracy "so that he could cling to power."

Luttig outlined in his statement how close he believed democracy came to the brink.

Read the statement:

Click on the link for the full statement

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m am surprised (even if I shouldn’t be) how well this is put together. 

republicans have a problem. Curious how they deal with it. 

Survey says: " Criminal conspiracy, and mountains of bull****."

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Mike Pence is a damn hero of our democracy. 

let that sink in. Holy **** 

Mike Pence is many things but I don’t think he supports treason.

Bill Barr however has stated he would vote for the treasonous Trump in 2024. That boggles my mind.

He would vote for a traitor, but his moral high ground is that he won’t actively participate in treasonous acts.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Pence is certainly a man of his convictions.  I may not agree with him often, but it is hard to argue he is insincere in his beliefs.  Still, he was an integral part in an administration that was anything but sincere.

Pences clear distrust of agents on his secret service detail is chilling. 

the idea of him being in that building with what was going on and everything leading up to it, and telling his agents to **** off cause he doesn’t trust them…

Takes balls to be that dedicated to something. The man has my respect. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

Mike Pence is a damn hero of our democracy. 

let that sink in. Holy **** 

No, he was 1/2 of a disastrous administration that sold out to Putin and set America back 70 years. 

3 minutes ago, gbear said:

Pence is certainly a man of his convictions.  I may not agree with him often, but it is hard to argue he is insincere in his beliefs.  Still, he was an integral part in an administration that was anything but sincere.

Yes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gbear said:

Except when it matter most. 

look I’m not asking anyone to reevaluate his political ideology, or what he’s voted for or against in the past. At all. 

im not even trying to suggest the man is now immune to criticism for those things. 

But think you can always evaluate an individual on their actions in a specific context - without letting any or every other context weigh in on it. 

And in this context he’s a hero to me. He put his life in danger. He showed bigger balls than I am willing to attribute to most people I know. And while I have no reason to believe an agent was there to work against him - I have the utmost respect for him not being willing to roll the dice, and what it means to be in those shoes in that moment and make the decisions he mad. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Holy ****, this former judge does realize 2024 is only a year and a half away, right? Kind of pointless to still be in the middle of the warning when the election happens.
Spit it out, man!

~Dang!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m am surprised (even if I shouldn’t be) how well this is put together. 

republicans have a problem. Curious how they deal with it. 

Over 60 percent of the GOP voting bloc still thinks the election was stolen from Trump. 

I don't know what's going to happen. I think we have a Republican president take office in January 2025.  I really hope it isn't Trump, and that these hearings do enough damage to Trump to have the GOP voters take a closer look at someone else (and as of now, the best chance would be Trump having to directly go against DeSantis, and not a lingering crowded field). But color me skeptical.

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Holy ****, this former judge does realize 2024 is only a year and a half away, right? Kind of pointless to still be in the middle of the warning when the election happens.
Spit it out, man!

~Dang!

He speaks like someone who clearly considers every word that comes out of his mouth.

If it helps, compare him to Trump who just spouts whatever mush comes to his brain without reservation and perhaps it is a bit less painful.  A bit.

3 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

He speaks like someone who clearly considers every word that comes out of his mouth.

If it helps, compare him to Trump who just spouts whatever mush comes to his brain without reservation and perhaps it is a bit less painful.  A bit.

the slowness is annoying and almost… attention whoring…. But yes he clearly means every word he says.