Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

She is asking Trump for a pardon. Did I read correctly that with the impeachment Trump can not issue pardons to anyone involved in the even that lead to his impeachment?  

Any help here?  I'm getting conflicting info on if Trump can pardon the rioters.  One source said Clinton issued pardons after impeachment but before acquittal.  

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Any help here?  I'm getting conflicting info on if Trump can pardon the rioters.  One source said Clinton issued pardons after impeachment but before acquittal.  

I don't think it's clear.  From Wiki:

Pardons and reprieves may be granted by the president, except in cases of impeachment. There is currently no universally accepted interpretation of the impeachment exception. Some argue that the president simply cannot use a pardon to stop an officeholder from being impeached, while others suggest that crimes underlying an impeachment cannot be pardoned by the president.[27]

The President’s Pardon Power May Be Weaker Than It Seems At least when it comes to “cases of impeachment.”

Edited by China
  • Like 1

Off-duty police were part of the Capitol mob. Now police are turning in their own.

During the chaos at the Capitol, overwhelmed police officers confronted and combated a frenzied sea of rioters who transformed the seat of democracy into a battlefield. Now police chiefs across the country are confronting the uncomfortable reality that members of their own ranks were among the mob that faced off against other law enforcement officers.

At least 13 off-duty law enforcement officials are suspected of taking part in the riot, a tally that could grow as investigators continue to pore over footage and records to identify participants. Police leaders are turning in their own to the FBI and taking the striking step of reminding officers in their departments that criminal misconduct could push them off the force and behind bars.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched the New Yorker video from inside the senate on CNN.

Not that I needed additional proof that these folks are insane, but holy ****.

Going through documents, one of the guys said “Cruz was going to sell us out all along” because he read that he was planning to object to the Arizona vote.  It had to be explained to him that objecting means “he’s with us.”.

They held a freaking prayer together in there.

Sheesh.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

In February 2004, he was booked on a domestic violence charge, against Lauren Boebert. He “did unlawfully strike, shove or kick … and subjected her to physical contact,” a spokesman for the Garfield Associate County Court clerk told The Post. They had been dating at the time.

Lauren Boebert took her revenge in May 2004 during an altercation with Jayson at his home in which she scratched his face and chest and trashed his residence, according to a police report. She was slapped with third-degree assault, criminal mischief and underage drinking charges. A rep for the Garfield County Combined Court said they could not reveal any information about the case’s final disposition.

~~~

We're more likely to see Lauren Boebert on a repeat of "COPS" than on Face the Nation.

• Haha 3