Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

I mean I didn’t realize I was so special that I got to work with contracts with termination fees that weren’t predatory and were for a real reason reason. 

or that I worked on such a high level that I got to see that - indeed companies do try to project out % of contracts that be termed early, the costs associated with that, so that cash flow and operating expenses and the general finances can be accurate and trustworthy. 

just didn’t realize those things were super rare and only us snobby elites ever had access to them. But it’s good I have the ES squad to school me on life. 

id be lost without you all

• Haha 1

"Resort fees" would be one of the junk fees that I'd love to see eliminated. $20 a night for internet and a safe? Please. What the **** does the $300 a night go towards?

Fwiw Beal of all people should understand junk fees. Car dealer add ons are 99% junk fees. How are them nitrogen filled tires, buddy? 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If I undertstand it right, the fees they are addressing are strictly punishment for early termination of the contract in an effort to reduce competition, Not be confused with defaulting (but maybe they are). It's one thing to call and cancel on a reasonable timeline and just stop paying. Admittedly I have not seen all the details as it becomes more complicated if it includes those defaulting on thier service. Anyone know this detail? 

well right, that’s the sales pitch.  I think the purposes they outlined were to take advantage or bully people - market competition is the effect it has on the economy that this bill would supposedly improve. 

And as I already said - im all for getting rid of the predatory stuff. I don’t think predatory stuff should be allowed at all - and I when it’s found there should be serious punishment and restitution. 

but my concern was it would be overly broad. Cause termination fees have their place - and it’s usually related to getting a lower price (they get a signed contract for long term revenue - you get a lower monthly/annual fee or whatever.) the term fee is to punish you for not living up to the contract you signed - and usually is somehow reflective of the discount you received. 

and overly broad policy, for those items, just makes items more expensive for those of us that don’t term contracts early. And it’s done to benefit those that do. 

*if* the bill is overly broad and not good. 

which isn’t exactly a high bar for policies these days. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

"Resort fees" would be one of the junk fees that I'd love to see eliminated. $20 a night for internet and a safe? Please. What the **** does the $300 a night go towards?

Fwiw Beal of all people should understand junk fees. Car dealer add ons are 99% junk fees. How are them nitrogen filled tires, buddy? 😆

Let sleeping dogs lie, hippie…That nitrogen is gonna pay for your SSI!

*grunts loudly*

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

well right, that’s the sales pitch.  I think the purposes they outlined were to take advantage or bully people - market competition is the effect it has on the economy that this bill would supposedly improve. 

And as I already said - im all for getting rid of the predatory stuff. I don’t think predatory stuff should be allowed at all - and I when it’s found there should be serious punishment and restitution. 

but my concern was it would be overly broad. Cause termination fees have their place - and it’s usually related to getting a lower price (they get a signed contract for long term revenue - you get a lower monthly/annual fee or whatever.) the term fee is to punish you for not living up to the contract you signed - and usually is somehow reflective of the discount you received. 

and overly broad policy, for those items, just makes items more expensive for those of us that don’t term contracts early. And it’s done to benefit those that do. 

*if* the bill is overly broad and not good. 

which isn’t exactly a high bar for policies these days. 

Which sounds nice. But then Comcast offers a $20 a month discount for a 24 month contract and raises costs $26 a month for "local broadcast fees" and "equipment rental" in year 2. Because it's hidden in the 25 page microprint contract that they can do this. 😁

And then your stuck paying more than someone who walked up to Comcast in your year 2 of the contract. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

hust meeting Larry on his level.

No you're not. 

And there's got to be something ironic about you ignoring what somebody said, by claiming that somebody else ignores what people say. 

But that's too many layers of convolution for me to try to deal with. 

I'd lose track of all the parentheses. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Which sounds nice. But then Comcast offers a $20 a month discount for a 24 month contract and raises costs $26 a month for "local broadcast fees" and "equipment rental" in year 2. Because it's hidden in the 25 page microprint contract that they can do this. 😁

And then your stuck paying more than someone who walked up to Comcast in your year 2 of the contract. 

I think Comcast sucks and we could write entire bills just outlawing being like Comcast as a business. 

but the world exists outside of cable tv and cell phone bills. There’s a lot of stuff out there that has a contract option and most contracts include some sort of recourse for termination by one party. 

im just not sold this won’t wind up being too broad.  Curious to see what it actually says (and then how it’s actually encore.).  Maybe it won’t be bad. 🤷‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

No you're not. 

Absolutely am. I talked to you that way cause that was what the post deserved. And it’s a whole shtick with you. Don’t like it? Make better posts. 😂 

Edited by tshile

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

im just not sold this won’t wind up being too broad. 

Absolutely am. I talked to you that way cause that was what the post deserved. And it’s a whole shtick with you. Don’t like it? Make better posts. 😂 

Says the guy who's point was "Oh no!  If we make corporations allow competition, they'll simply use their ability to unilaterally set prices to punish us for doing it!"

I'm mirror and you're glue. 
Bounce off me stick to you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Larry said:

Says the guy who's point was "Oh no!  If we make corporations allow competition, they'll simply use their ability to unilaterally set prices to punish us for doing it!"

Inability to read correctly something something or such 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

If you know about points, you can easily avoid resort fees. 

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Weren't these plans usually including a free or drastically reduced price phone and so these fees were (partly) offsets to recoup the phone costs if you leave early?

Yea, but that has gone away, now you are essentially getting an interest free loan thaf spreads the cost of the phone over the life of the contract. I mean, that’s what they were doing before but now they are a little more transparent about it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Bono atleast accomplished something. The only thing Paul Pelosi has accomplished is a case of beer.

Odd thing to say about someone who founded and owns a real estate and venture capital investment firm in SF. 

And yes, his wife has severely out kicked him career wise. Can't we all be that lucky. 

• Haha 1