Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This sort of stuff drives me nuts. Stop ****footing around and just tell us: do you think Heinicke is as good a QB as Stafford? If not, why are you bringing this stuff up? It's like the people bringing up TH's QBR earlier in the season vs Mahomes or whatever other actual legit top NFL QB and then dancing around in circles trying to say they weren't actually comparing them.

It's like conspiracy theorists who bring up dumb **** and then when called on it say "Hey, I'm just asking questions!"

Just ****ing say something straightforward for god's sake.

I will say just this: Taylor is a lot better than you think he is. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

I will say just this: Taylor is a lot better than you think he is. 

I think he's a pretty good NFL backup and a pretty poor NFL starting QB. Tell me exactly what you think he is. Again, stop ****footing around and just say what you mean. This circular vague nonsense just makes it look like you're borderline trolling without any actual argument or point.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

That’s how it works for a whole season for many players.

as I have stated his highs were great his lows were awful And he is a fine back up spot starter in the league. 
my only point is he is not the worst quarterback in the league as some say

Is anyone really saying he's the worst QB in the NFL or worst starter?  I can see the case for worst starter, especially if we did a snapshot right now and compared to how the other 31 starters are playing versus how he's playing.

His games against Dallas scream not in this league level play, its hard for me to let those games go. 

Id like to see which of the other 31 starters you'd take Taylor over, if none, thats cool, I believe based on you saying "backup and spot starter" you wouldn't take Taylor over any of them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

Stafford has been in a league for very long time and threw almost 5 INTs in one-half and a game ending INT, but let's just look the other way since he is a vet. But as a vet shouldn't he not be making the same mistakes as someone who just came off the couch? 

I wasn't even comparing Stafford to Taylor like you assumed I did. Stafford was just an example to my point. QB have bad days but here it is all or nothing when it comes to Taylor was my point. 

Its a disingenuous point you are trying to make because even Brady has thrown game ending interceptions, most QBs have at least once. 

Saying Brady shouldn't be doing stuff a guy coming off his sister's couch does doesn't make sense when comparing any of them, which if you aren't comparing them, why even bring them up?

Taylor has a higher amount of bad games to good games then Stafford does, ratio, percentage, whatever you want to call it. Stafford has done far more to prove he's a bonefided starter then Taylor ever has, its not even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Its a disingenuous point you are trying to make because even Brady has thrown game ending interceptions, most QBs have at least once. 

Saying Brady shouldn't be doing stuff a guy coming off his sister's couch does doesn't make sense when comparing any of them, which if you aren't comparing them, why even bring them up?

Taylor has a higher amount of bad games to good games then Stafford does, ratio, percentage, whatever you want to call it. Stafford has done far more to prove he's a bonefided starter then Taylor ever has, its not even close.

And that's my point. Why bash a guy who started all 16 games for the 1st time. Some were saying he isn't even being a worthy of a backup QB and we need to look for someone better in the offseason. That is when my rant started. 

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think he's a pretty good NFL backup and a pretty poor NFL starting QB. Tell me exactly what you think he is. Again, stop ****footing around and just say what you mean. This circular vague nonsense just makes it look like you're borderline trolling without any actual argument or point.

I think you can win with Taylor but I also do acknowledge you have to put certain things in place for him to be successful. He is not going to wow you like Mahomes does but he can still be effective as long as the games are planned accordingly. He might be a poor mans starter. But he is still serviceable. 

If for whatever reason we have to roll with Taylor to start 2022 I am would be okay with that. 

• Like 2

to put the other cap on this particular tube of stupidity, stafford has always taken **** over the years for ups and down and turnovers and 'not showing up in a big game' etc from many fans, with all of that as being as much the reasons the lions got close  but never over any big humps as as all the gm/hc isssues...so both have been true, that matt has top level qb skills and can be awesome but then there's these other things that get debated routinely as to whether the totality is a winning sb ticket or not...and he will take criticisms and blame again for this pick as he has for other even this season where he's thought to underperformed...talk about a strawman

so the 'argument' is nonsense on its two primary premises

so let's end it here :) 

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

I think you can win with Taylor but I also do acknowledge you have to put certain things in place for him to be successful. He is not going to wow you like Mahomes does but he can still be effective as long as the games are planned accordingly. He might be a poor mans starter. But he is still serviceable. 

If for whatever reason we have to roll with Taylor to start 2022 I am would be okay with that. 

Thank you. That's all I was asking for.

If we draft a rookie in the 1st, flame out in FA and/or trades, and the rookie isn't ready so we have to start Heinicke next year, I'd be ok with that. The important thing to me is that we get something that could be an upgrade. The coaching staff and FO seem to feel the same way.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

And that's my point. Why bash a guy who started all 16 games for the 1st time. Some were saying he isn't even being a worthy of a backup QB and we need to look for someone better in the offseason. That is when my rant started. 

A huge reason why is because he's not a rookie, he didn't play well enough to start 16 games until his late 20s. 

We need to stop giving him rookie treatment, he's a journeyman at best that Ron decided to stick with because he had no better options. 

Thats not a ringing endorsement, not when Ron has openly talked about upgrading the QB position all season.

This being his first full season means diddly squat to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

For me it depends on the circumstance.  Rolling with Taylor because.......we just drafted a rookie we don't want to throw out there immediately? Okay, I guess I could be board on that because at least we have shown steps were taken to get a long term plan in place.  That is very much different than just not upgrading the position at all.  I very much doubt that there won't be better options available, it is just going to be a matter of what the front office is willing to give up and/or if they feel the trade off is worth it.  I don't really think Heinicke himself can really do or show anything at this point to change any minds in the building about his ceiling.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is anyone really saying he's the worst QB in the NFL or worst starter?  I can see the case for worst starter, especially if we did a snapshot right now and compared to how the other 31 starters are playing versus how he's playing.

His games against Dallas scream not in this league level play, its hard for me to let those games go. 

Id like to see which of the other 31 starters you'd take Taylor over, if none, thats cool, I believe based on you saying "backup and spot starter" you wouldn't take Taylor over any of them, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have to give a few of the rookies he did better then this year another season. In my

Mind Taylor is not much more then a rookie In games played. But of those that are starters I would take Taylor over Daniel Jones any day.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I would be heavily concerned if whoever we brought in to be an upgrade over Taylor can't win the starting job from him going into 2022. 

That would be a failure of the highest order three years into the Rivera Era.

If we draft a QB, I could Heinicke starting the season and giving the rookie a few games to get acclimated.

Just now, tomwvr said:

I have to give a few of the rookies he did better then this year another season. In my

Mind Taylor is not much more then a rookie In games played. But of those that are starters I would take Taylor over Daniel Jones any day.

Man, thats a tough one, I wonder if Giants fans would do the same after today's game.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I think if you could argue that any of the bottom 3rd of the league starters excluding Rookies or 2nd year players are essentially rotatable and just bad placeholders waiting to be replaced 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I would be heavily concerned if whoever we brought in to be an upgrade over Taylor can't win the starting job from him going into 2022. 

That would be a failure of the highest order three years into the Rivera Era.

For me any legitimate hope of Heinicke being a surprise diamond in the rough that feel through the cracks went away when Fitzpatrick beat him for the job.  We already knew going into camp that Fitz had the superior arm and was would likely be flinging the ball all over the field which would be high risk high reward but also cause more turnovers, however at the time there was this intrigue with Heinicke based on the end to the 2020 season and also *what we knew at the time* of his skillset.  The fact that the coaches still felt Fitzpatrick beat him out told me all I really needed to know other than on the odd chance they were all completely wrong. (They weren't).  

• Like 1

I really wish we would stop with this "Heinicke is essentially a rookie" stuff. It drove me nuts when people did it with Kirk as well when he was in his 4th season.

Heinicke isn't a rookie. He isn't "essentially" a rookie. This is his 6th NFL season. The main things that actual rookies have to deal with when coming to the NFL is the change in the level of talent, the speed of the game, and the complexity of offenses as well as understanding NFL level defenses. 

Heinicke has experience with those things for years. Has he gotten to actually start much before now? Nope. Does tha thave an effect? Yep. Does it mean he's "essentially a rookie"? Nope. He's been exposed to years to the talent level, speed, and complexity of the NFL. He just wasn't good enough to actually get much playing time.

Can we please put this whole "he's a rookie" thing to bed?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really wish we would stop with this "Heinicke is essentially a rookie" stuff. It drove me nuts when people did it with Kirk as well when he was in his 4th season.

Heinicke isn't a rookie. He isn't "essentially" a rookie. This is his 6th NFL season. The main things that actual rookies have to deal with when coming to the NFL is the change in the level of talent, the speed of the game, and the complexity of offenses as well as understanding NFL level defenses. 

Heinicke has experience with those things for years. Has he gotten to actually start much before now? Nope. Does tha thave an effect? Yep. Does it mean he's "essentially a rookie"? Nope. He's been exposed to years to the talent level, speed, and complexity of the NFL. He just wasn't good enough to actually get much playing time.

Can we please put this whole "he's a rookie" thing to bed?

Agreed.

The value of actual rookies is also that because they're only 21-23 ish, they're still physically growing/developing. That adds to their upside and overall allure. 

At 28 you kinda are what you are.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not a chance in the world this team is going to trot out Taylor Heineke as starter of the first game under the new name and brand.

Unless they literally rename themselves the Washington Heinicke's. Then they're a bit stuck.

• Haha 2