Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

9 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

I'd rather keep my options open than being forced into an arranged marriage.

I didn't like last year's QBs.  Only Mac Jones looks like he might be a capable NFL QB.  Even him I see as a game manager vs a game winner.  Aside from his 3 TDs last week he hasn't been filling the skies with passes.  He's yards per game is a little low.  He's got 13 TDs but 11 TOs (7 int & 4 fumbles).  I think this year's crop is even less impressive.  We'll see though I guess.

The WFT should put itself in such a good position that even if they can't find the QB they want in the draft they can attract a top FA like Russell Wilson.  A quality QB hungry for a Super Bowl.  

If you didn't like and still don't think much of Mac Jones, and didn't like last years QBs.  then yeah next years wouldn't float your boat either, wonder if 2023 would float your boat though, either?  Bryce  Young has his flaws.  So does C. Williams, so does Rattler. 

Heck as for flawed so did Mahomes look when he came out -- not a lot of love for him on the draft threat, ditto Herbert, ditto Mac Jones.  ditto Lamar Jackson.  Ditto Josh Allen on and on.

If you are waiting for the can't miss prospects like Andrew Luck, you also got to count on a bottom fall apart type of 3-14 kind of season to get said dude because they always go #1.  And you typically don't get two of those types in the same draft and if you do they go #1 and #2.   Rivera would likely not live to see the next season if that happened. 

I think you got to brace yourself for dissappointment because all indications are they are diving deep in the pool this coming off season for a QB.  Only thing that might deter them is if Heinicke plays EVERY game like the Tampa one versus that one being his best.    According to at least Keim, they see Heinicke as a low tier starter or high end backup.  for that narrative to change, he's going to have to show some real consistency.  Most QBs can have some one off games.  Remember how Mike White was all the rage just two weeks ago with a killer game?  Now he's on the bench.

I like Heinicke, I think he's a good back up.  but I don't think they can come into next season with him being the guy if he plays how he's played thus far. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

The WFT should put itself in such a good position that even if they can't find the QB they want in the draft they can attract a top FA like Russell Wilson.  A quality QB hungry for a Super Bowl.  

I am all in for Russell Wilson.  Sadly, I don't think he's all in to playing here.   When there was a rumor about him maybe being on the trading block, we didn't make his list of teams he wanted to be traded to.

I don't think them in all likelihood having a step down season versus the season before where Wilson had no interest, another heavy round of bad PR about their sexual harassment issues, and having the lowest attendance in the league, and dropping TV ratings -- will help change his mind.  I think that's just dirt added to the grave.

I think we are out of the business of getting Rodgers or Wilson.  As Ben Standig speculated maybe their best case scenario is if Atlanta decides to put Matt Ryan on the trading block. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am all in for Russell Wilson.  Sadly, I don't think he's all in to playing here.   When there was a rumor about him maybe being on the trading block, we didn't make his list of teams he wanted to be traded to.

I don't think them in all likelihood having a step down season versus the season before where Wilson had no interest, another heavy round of bad PR about their sexual harassment issues, and having the lowest attendance in the league, and dropping TV ratings -- will help change his mind.  I think that's just dirt added to the grave.

I think we are out of the business of getting Rodgers or Wilson.  As Ben Standig speculated maybe their best case scenario is if Atlanta decides to put Matt Ryan on the trading block. 

and what's the value of adding Ryan? His talent is definitely a 1rst, but his age is a 4rth or later. I think he is the best upside for us, but I'm pretty much meh with a 3rd for him. 3rd and Sweat I'm still meh. 2nd and I'm disappointed.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

and what's the value of adding Ryan? His talent is definitely a 1rst, but his age is a 4rth or later. I think he is the best upside for us, but I'm pretty much meh with a 3rd for him. 3rd and Sweat I'm still meh. 2nd and I'm disappointed.

My point wasn't to debate Ryan but make the point that if we are looking for a veteran QB who is actually good than he might be the best available verus Wilson or Rodgers.  I wonder if Atlanta does it though, they'd take a big cap hit and he's having a really good year.  If I were them, i wouldn't trade Ryan. 

I think it wouild depend if Rivera has some pressure to succeed.  I'd say for example if they go for a reclamation project, all of whom arguably come with built in punch lines, you can't count on them to be successful.  I'd guess 10% chance if that they succeed.  A dude like Matt Ryan is almost a given to be good albeit not great.  If Rivera needs to win next season, in his shoes I wouldn't even toy with a dude like Trubisky or even the guy I prefer Mariotta.  I'd take a dude who is good and doesn't have to turnaround his career to all of a sudden become good.

As for me personally, I want two shots at the well.  Top preference would be to go 2012 draft style or the draft they took Shuler/Gus.  But if I had to pick a 2nd favorite way to do it, to me its even between trading for a veteran if it doesn't demand a high pick or a reclamation project.   I see reclamation projects as almost certain fails as being the answer.  But I wouldn't hate throwing a lottery pick in any form so that would be like a 4th round pick or some dude who has failed in the NFL but we are hoping that he turns it aroud. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My point wasn't to debate Ryan but make the point that if we are looking for a veteran QB who is actually good than he might be the best available verus Wilson or Rodgers.  I wonder if Atlanta does it though, they'd take a big cap hit and he's having a really good year.  If I were them, i wouldn't trade Ryan. 

I think it wouild depend if Rivera has some pressure to succeed.  I'd say for example if they go for a reclamation project, all of whom arguably come with built in punch lines, you can't count on them to be successful.  I'd guess 10% chance if that they succeed.  A dude like Matt Ryan is almost a given to be good albeit not great.  If Rivera needs to win next season, in his shoes I wouldn't even toy with a dude like Trubisky or even the guy I prefer Mariotta.  I'd take a dude who is good and doesn't have to turnaround his career to all of a sudden become good.

As for me personally, I want two shots at the well.  Top preference would be to go 2012 draft style or the draft they took Shuler/Gus.  But if I had to pick a 2nd favorite way to do it, to me its even between trading for a veteran if it doesn't demand a high pick or a reclamation project.   I see reclamation projects as almost certain fails as being the answer.  But I wouldn't hate throwing a lottery pick in anyform so that would be like a 4th round pick or some dude who has failed in the NFL but were hoping that he turns it aroud. 

Right now I'm fine starting the season with Heinicke and when he gets gassed again, but in whoever we draft in the 1rst, while our 4rth rounder sits. :ols:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Right now I'm fine starting the season with Heinicke and when he gets gassed again, but in whoever we draft in the 1rst, while our 4rth rounder sits. :ols:

I am ok with that.  I am digesting the 4th round types, right now my favorite is Haener who some ironically compare to Heinicke but with a stronger arm. 

• Like 1

QB Ranking per NFL.com

QBs better than TH are: Justin Fields, Tyrod Taylor, Tua, Trevor Siemian and Daniel Jones. 

Rank

Taylor Heinicke

Washington Football Team · Year 4

2021 stats: 9 games | 65.7 pct | 2,184 pass yds | 7.1 ypa | 12 pass TD | 9 INT | 247 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 4 fumbles

Even Heinicke's best game since September came with a few potential turnovers, but he was nails on third-and-long. Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles dared Heinicke and his undersized receivers to win one-on-one matchups, and they largely pulled it off, including during The Team's epic 19-play drive to silence Tom Brady. With Ryan Fitzpatrick now expected to miss the rest of the season, Heinicke will get a chance to start 16 games if he puts together more games like this.

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

QB Ranking per NFL.com

QBs better than TH are: Justin Fields, Tyrod Taylor, Tua, Trevor Siemian and Daniel Jones. 

Rank

Taylor Heinicke

Washington Football Team · Year 4

2021 stats: 9 games | 65.7 pct | 2,184 pass yds | 7.1 ypa | 12 pass TD | 9 INT | 247 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 4 fumbles

Even Heinicke's best game since September came with a few potential turnovers, but he was nails on third-and-long. Bucs defensive coordinator Todd Bowles dared Heinicke and his undersized receivers to win one-on-one matchups, and they largely pulled it off, including during The Team's epic 19-play drive to silence Tom Brady. With Ryan Fitzpatrick now expected to miss the rest of the season, Heinicke will get a chance to start 16 games if he puts together more games like this.

Yeah I saw this, the stats of those you listed seem to be worse than Heiny's. Not sure how they come up with the ranking.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

There's about a .0001% chance that Russell Wilson will be a FA before the age of 40. He's under contract until 2024 and if he decides he'd like to go elsewhere after this contract, at the very least the Seahawks would franchise and trade him...probably for two 1st round picks.

Even if something absolutely bizarre happened and Wilson became a FA after 2023 then Ron would be going into the 5th year of his 5 year contract. He's not going to wait until then to try and find his franchise QB.

I get the draw of getting Rodgers or Wilson, but it's not going to happen. IMO we should really move on to more realistic scenarios.

15 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Tress Way is hilarious. Crazy to hear that Heinecke orchestrated that 10 minute drive while needing to pee the whole time. 

Crazy, but believable at the same time. And explains some things.

He was certainly jumpy, like a guy who needed to pee.

And Tress Way talked how he admired how Heinicke was so jacked up emotionally during that drive. Now we know why.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:07 PM, wit33 said:

Thought it was cool to see him milk the clock throughout the game and often snap it with 1-2 seconds on the pre snap clock (totally going blank on what it’s called lol). Appears to have great command of all the variables going on around him outside of just playing QB. What a game, high ceiling reached, maybe just a bit under an elite performance. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this team, but that was pretty awesome, wasn't it? I remember how terrible we used to be with clock management under Jay, baby steps, man.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this team, but that was pretty awesome, wasn't it? I remember how terrible we used to be with clock management under Jay, baby steps, man.

I remember at the beginning of that drive, Stinky said something like, "with 11 minutes left in the 4th, in so important to do something with drive, because you may only get the ball once or twice more in this game and you need to think and act that way."

And so they did.

But I bet he far exceeded, even Stinky's expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/18/2021 at 7:16 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

my favorite is Haener who some ironically compare to Heinicke but with a stronger arm. 

But the Legend of Haener just doesn't have as good, a ring to it.

I was also just thinking, maybe the reason Heinicken did not care much to offer Heinicke an endorsement deal, is because theyre already getting plenty of exposure with Heinicke as it is, without having to spend millions of dollars on an endorsee. Lol

Edited by Malapropismic Depository