Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

All things considered with his limitations and accuracy issues, why can't either Fitz or Allen who have better arms score close to that or better?  We in here putting him blast, but neither other QB can come close to what he does? Not buying it.

Well, it would mean that after 2 decades of QB mediocrity and futility, we now have 3 different QBs on the roster capable of putting up almost 25 points per game, which has only happened 2 times in the last 22 years. Are you buying that instead? lol...

I do love his competitiveness.  I'll be at the game this weekend.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a really good game.  I'm glad he's salty about his performance.  That's how winners are wired.  I fully expect him to have a very good game.

Taylor Heinicke Presser: I’m still pissed off about the Saints game - Hogs Haven

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

I do love his competitiveness.  I'll be at the game this weekend.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has a really good game.  I'm glad he's salty about his performance.  That's how winners are wired.  I fully expect him to have a very good game.

Taylor Heinicke Presser: I’m still pissed off about the Saints game - Hogs Haven

This is how you WANT your QB to respond to a bad game.   Taylor has a fire in him and that can't be denied.  I sincerely hope it translate to his field of play next week.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Well, it would mean that after 2 decades of QB mediocrity and futility, we now have 3 different QBs on the roster capable of putting up almost 25 points per game, which has only happened 2 times in the last 22 years. Are you buying that instead? lol...

Yes, we have more weapons then we normally do and the play calling has improved.  I wouldn't be shocked if Fitz could match that production, kinda skeptical of Allen but not seeing it all fall apart either.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, we have more weapons then we normally do and the play calling has improved.  I wouldn't be shocked if Fitz could match that production, kinda skeptical of Allen but not seeing it all fall apart either.

If this is the case we don't need to draft a QB anytime soon...We can sign a Fitzpatrick in free agency, trade for a team's Allen, or find a Heinicke on craigslist and the offense will be just fine lol..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If this is the case we don't need to draft a QB anytime soon...We can sign a Fitzpatrick in free agency, trade for a team's Allen, or find a Heinicke on craigslist and the offense will be just fine lol..

Fine with this, this was the plan for this offense to improve with a veteran QB instead taking years to develop a rookie or younger guy.  I dont have the patience in year 2 and a half of Ron for training wheels.

You see, but the thing is...it wasn't just bad, it was awful. 

That was Heinicke's come back down to earth game. He's got a back-up calibre arm and makes Favre type decisions and he misses the open read alarmingly often. 

I'm ready for the Fitzmagic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

This is how you WANT your QB to respond to a bad game.   Taylor has a fire in him and that can't be denied.  I sincerely hope it translate to his field of play next week.  

Probably my favorite thing about him honestly. I really enjoy watching him struggle to win. And I don't mean 'watch him do bad' or anything like that before some Aggie comes in here a gets started lol. I just mean hes the classic underdog and he fights so hard. Its like watching an Anime or something lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, really, what is he supposed to say?  Paul Richardson was pissed at himself and talked about that constantly, please, jus play better, man.

We've had QB's before that try to rationalize their performance,  shrug it off like it's not a big deal they've been sacked over 10 times a game.   Taylor's press conferences are a huge improvement from that....

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

We've had QB's before that try to rationalize their performance,  shrug it off like it's not a big deal they've been sacked over 10 times a game.   Taylor's press conferences are a huge improvement from that....

Its all talk, man, I can't force myself to care after following this team for so long.  Thats a low bar for him to jump over, really.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its all talk, man, I can't force myself to care after following this team for so long.  Thats a low bar for him to jump over, really.

Everything about this franchise has become a low bar unfortunately.  Thanks to Mr. Snyder......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I mean...I'm glad that Heinicke didn't try to blame anyone else or claim he actually played well, but the stuff he said is along the lines of what I'd expect most QBs to say. They're pretty much all super competitive people so finding one who said "Meh, I don't really care" would be really unlikely (even if the QB actually felt that way, there's no way he'd say it out loud).

He's going up against a really poor passing defense this weekend, so hopefully it will give him a chance to rebound. But there are a couple of pretty good defenses coming up after that. Packers have an ok but not great defense, Denver has an elite defense.

Edited by mistertim

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

You see, but the thing is...it wasn't just bad, it was awful. 

That was Heinicke's come back down to earth game. He's got a back-up calibre arm and makes Favre type decisions and he misses the open read alarmingly often. 

I'm ready for the Fitzmagic. 

Unfortunately he hasn't shown even the level of Fitzpatrick during his brief time throwing the ball (preseason and first game), nonetheless any moments of Fitzmagic. I have no more faith in him than I do Heinicke or Allen (I might actually have more faith in Allen than any of them, but if so it's minor).

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I mean...I'm glad that Heinicke didn't try to blame anyone else or claim he actually played well, but the stuff he said is along the lines of what I'd expect most QBs to say. They're pretty much all super competitive people so finding one who said "Meh, I don't really care" would be really unlikely (even if the QB actually felt that way, there's no way he'd say it out loud).

Didn't Romo say after a loss (playoff loss, maybe?) that "if this is the worst thing that happens to me I've lived a good life" or words to that effect?

Edited by Califan007
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Didn't Romo say after a loss (playoff loss, maybe?) that "if this is the worst thing that happens to me I've lived a good life" or words to that effect?

Yeah I remember that, it was hilarious. That's one of those "****, I really shouldn't have said that out loud, should I?" moments.

Though to be honest, it didn't completely surprise me coming from Romo. While he was a good QB, he also generally struck me as one of the more laid back guys when it came to his competitiveness. Not that he didn't care at all, but he wasn't going to lose a ****load of sleep over some stuff. Maybe that's why he was so unclutch?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Found it lol...

On December 28, 2008, Tony Romo told us everything we needed to know about him. It was Week 17. The Cowboys had just lost to the Eagles by 38 points and were out of the playoffs. “If this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me,” Romo told reporters, “then I’ve lived a pretty good life.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Probably my favorite thing about him honestly. I really enjoy watching him struggle to win. And I don't mean 'watch him do bad' or anything like that before some Aggie comes in here a gets started lol. I just mean hes the classic underdog and he fights so hard. Its like watching an Anime or something lol 

You almost had a like from me until you dropped the Anime reference.  I have five kids and the first three were girls.  I'm still traumatized over the nonstop barrage of sailor moon episodes on road trips.  Oh how many times I dreamed of smashing my head into the windshield!!!

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

Yeah, like people got to block and we ain't got no pro bowlers on this team.

11 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I was there man....  shot this video, man....

OrneryDampBangeltiger-max-1mb.gif

Is that ODU Aggie in the bushes with an empty jug of peanut oil?

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

I thought the idea was the WFT offense's role for its QB was designed to have someone be a decent game-manager, with some mobility, but with the ability/mindset to occasionally challenge defenses with deeper passes  into the secondary and to have the guts to give the WFT receiving corps a chance to win those 50-50 passes.  The idea was to leverage the WFT running game and quick passes to the available receiver, and maintain an upbeat tempo WFT offense that could sustain long enough drives would (a) rest the defense, (b) at least get into position for 'makable'  field-goals, (c) contribute to a WFT field position advantage, and (d) occasionally cash in on some of the short field and red-zone opportunities.  The perceived strength of the WFT was the defense, and if the offense could muster some 20+ points and maintain field position advantage... the defense usually could perform well enough for a Washington win.  the WFT scheme didn't demand its QB be that strong-armed mega-star one tends to associate with those flashy Mahomes-like, deep-strike, quick score offenses.

Problem was WFT didn't have a QB that fit that bill.  Haskins was unreliable (mechanically, etc), and too slow in processing of the scheme and defensive coverages.  Smith was a risk-averse,  dink&dunk, "Captain Check-Down" even when he'd been healthy/mobile. and while Allen knew the scheme and seemed mobile enough to fit the bill, he got injured before anyone could see what he could do in real game-time conditions running the WFT offense.

As for Fitzpatrick, his track-record indicated he might be able to fit the bill, if you allowed for his crafty veteran skills to balance out his mobility issues.  Here again, injury has deferred the assessment of whether he'd work out as a reliable QB to run the WFT offense as originally intended.

At this point we can see that Heinicke has the temperment, mobilty, and quick processor to fit the bill,  but also less arm strength, and he still learning the real-time NFL game.  At least he's shown he'd be a decent backup for many teams, especially as he seems to learn from.each game.  The only problem is, he's going to press a lot when the defense gives up points so rapidly, forcing him to quickly catch up from 14+ points behind, even just to keep pace.  Bottom line, Heinicke fits the bill well enough, but the offense really wasn't designed to bail out a very poor WFT defense. 

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

while Allen knew the scheme and seemed mobile enough to fit the bill, he got injured before anyone could see what he could do in real game-time conditions running the WFT offense.

We saw enough to get a good idea...he started 4 games for us last year and 12 games for the Panthers the year before, with at least some of them having Scott as OC.

Edited by Califan007