Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

6 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

Who is the "man" you are referring to?  I was referring to the football "experts" in this forum who acted like signing Fitzpatrick was life or death last summer. 

It wasn't true then and it sure as hell ain't true now.

hey dude

you can be a dumbass here (and that's what you read like to me since i've noticed you) but you can't be a dick and a dumbass

so figure out an adjustment :) 

thenk yew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think you and I are actually not far from being on the same page, here. We both realize that he's only started 3 games in his entire career. I think he's shown plenty for us to know he's a legit QB and can play in the league (and probably 90% of QBs who step on the field can't say that, so that's not to be seen as dismissive). But I also think that, because of how little he's played, it's also way too early to make any sort of proclamations about him being the QB of the future.

MT, interestingly I don't think you and I are actually that far apart, either. Reality is that it is early to make that kind of proclamation. However, my strong bias, based on my pre-NFL observations of young Mr. Heinicke, make me confident that he will (likely this year) achieve that status where such proclamations can be made with certainty. Time will tell.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I think that would be a stretch, but senior Jordan Young is the most likely linebacker we have that could go to the NFL.  He is 6'3", 235 lbs and is the leading tackler on the team. I have not heard any noise about him being drafted to date, but we have almost a full season left. Short answer -- no.

We'll have to make some noise about him, in our 2022 draft thread

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, just as a lot of people are prematurely declaring that he's arrived now, as did some after the Tampa game.  Not because they have objectively evaluated him as such.  But because they want that to be the case and were goo-goo ga-ga after watching our offense stink up the field for the better part of 16 weeks prior.

It actually makes more sense to default to the safe opinion because it's the most logical.  If Heineke ends up being a legit starter in the league, it won't be because those who loved him in January were great talent evaluators.

Well -- it certainly will not be because they were not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't believe there are a number of Kirk Warners out there there who just never got the chance.  But I do believe Taylor Heinke is a much better game player than practice player which is why he has bounced around so much.  It was well reported that he was all over the place in training camp, then he gets in the game and performs much better. The question is is it sustainable?  

Kirk Warner lol 😂

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I believe he’s what many thought Johnny manziel would be

do you realize that becuase of the member name you chose, @TK has officially declared that you are not required to support any of your arguments with reason, logic, facts, or ever cite sources, and instead simply have to type: "because stone cold said so"

• Haha 13

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I can't speak for others, but I put forward my case for why I thought he deserved a shot at starter after Tampa and it wasn't goo-goo-ga-ga. It was the same **** I've said since then: can go thru all his reads, makes the right decision with the ball, can elude the rush and reset the pocket, can use his legs to pick up yards if he needs to. Concerns were durability which I thought could potentially be addressed thru weight gain.

It's ridiculous to say if I turn out to be right, it's not because I was right. Lol

So because you watched one game you were able to make conclusive decisions about his potential as a starter in the NFL.  Why aren't you working for Ron?  If only all the GM's and scouts knew it was that easy.  

Just now, Califan007 said:

Ok, so that makes Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colt McCoy, Colt Brennan, and Johnny Manziel mentioned so far...anyone else? Tim Tebow? lol

drew bledsoe

3 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

Yeah...he's only in the Hall of Fame.  No biggie.

he's laughing at you cuz you got the name wrong

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

do you realize that becuase of the member name you chose, @TK has officially declared that you are not required to support any of your arguments with reason, logic, facts, or ever cite sources, and instead simply have to type: "because stone cold said so"

lol im just here to quote the bottom line, drink some beer and watch the WFT kick some ass.  Hell yeah

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

This is my whole point about circular logic. He bounces around because people assume he won't be successful so nobody gives him a real shot, and then nobody gives him a real shot because they say look he's bounced around. Maddening.

It’s definitely circular logic but you can’t argue he would be a statistical anomaly. Hell HE would tell you that. And then from the looks of it throw for 400 yards and a few TDs on that ass lol. 

It’s ok guys, we can still root for him and want to see more. That’s not any kind of knock on him or you 😅

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

drew bledsoe

The Rex Cannon has been mentioned. So that’s like 9 so far. 

(I’m not Taylor Hein, I don’t maths) 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

hey dude

you can be a dumbass here (and that's what you read like to me since i've noticed you) but you can't be a dick and a dumbass

so figure out an adjustment :) 

thenk yew

I see that moderator bullies are allowed here.  Obviously my lucky day....

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

It’s definitely circular logic but you can’t argue he would be a statistical anomaly. Hell HE would tell you that. And then from the looks of it throw for 400 yards and a few TDs on that ass lol. 

It’s ok guys, we can still root for him and want to see more. That’s not any kind of knock on him or you 😅

The Rex Cannon has been mentioned. So that’s like 9 so far. 

(I’m not Taylor Hein, I don’t maths) 

He’s way too cerebral to be Rex.  He actually reads a d presnap.  And it’s awesome to finally see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

He’s way too cerebral to be Rex.  He actually reads a d presnap.  And it’s awesome to finally see

For me it’s just his willingness to say **** it and throw caution to the wind. He’s got that in him. The difference is he knows (mathematically) when to do it. 

I kid around a lot. But honestly that’s what interests me the most about him. He’s a smart as **** gunslinger. I want to see him sling it! 

• Like 2

4 will definitely give his guys chances.  We’ve seen that.  He did it last night.  His command of the offense…getting them in the right play and running in that td?…that’s next level qb we haven’t seen in a while.  Sure he’s a gunslinger…I love his intangibles more

• Like 5