Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

13 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I will get a booster when I see a consensus among virologists that it is needed for healthy people. At this point, the myriad virologists I follow have said it is not necessary at this time.

Probably not necessary at this time to prevent severe illness.  But it’s pretty apparent that the neutralizing immunity that was present in the early months after vaccination has waned. Best to get a booster ahead of cold/flu/covid season to reduce the likelihood you will contribute to the spread of the virus. 

I am fine getting a booster as soon as it is made available to me.  Not sure if there will be a tiered system again or if they are just going to open it up.  If it takes annual flu-like booster shots for the next 2-3 years to eradicate covid, so be it, I don't care, beats the alternative. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am fine getting a booster as soon as it is made available to me.  Not sure if there will be a tiered system again or if they are just going to open it up.  If it takes annual flu-like booster shots for the next 2-3 years to eradicate covid, so be it, I don't care, beats the alternative. 

I'd expect (in the near future) it will be available (and recommended) at 8 months post 2nd shot for all ages. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Thanks to the anti-vaxxer/anti-maskers, we may never beat covid.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Have they given any guidance as to when to take the booster along with flu shots?  Should there be some set time between the two?  Is this booster just a one shot regimen if you had Pfizer/Moderna?

Don't think so but as of right now you can get the covid vaccines with other vaccines. So don't think it matters if you get them together or wait. The boosters they seem to be talking about is just another shot of the mRNA vaccine you previously had. Guess we'll know more in a month.

I would guess we may see a recommendation of mixing vaccine types since all data shows AstraZeneca+Pfizer gives stronger immune response than double Pfizer. I'd guess JnJ people will be told to get a Pfizer booster specifically.

UK, Germany and Canada have already done mixing - there's not significant health risks.

Edited by Sticksboi05

NFL's Raiders Will Require Fans To Show Vaccine Proof, Or Get A Shot At The Gate

When the Las Vegas Raiders kick off their NFL season next month, the team wants its home stadium to look as normal as possible, with stands full of fans. There's just one catch: To get in, every spectator will have to show proof they've gotten a COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who hasn't can still enter — after they get a shot at Allegiant Stadium.

Vaccinated fans won't be required to wear masks

Spectators will be required to show proof of their vaccination status on a mobile app with a "health pass" feature, the Raiders organization said. If they do so, they can attend games without wearing a face mask.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/17/1028402797/nfl-raiders-require-fans-vaccination-proof-shots-las-vegas-masks-covid

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

SARS COV 2 will never be eradicated. It's going to become endemic and be something we deal with like the flu. Everyone will have the virus inside of them at some point. As long as we decouple cases from hospitalizations and severe illness that's as good as it'll get. And it won't be as widespread as it is now eventually.

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Thanks to the anti-vaxxer/anti-maskers, we may never beat covid.

On the bright side - if they do die of covid at least there will be less cars on the road which helps the environment. This will also lead to more jobs openings. More houses available to buy. More food for people who are still alive and the list goes on. Not going to shed a tear for these stupid peoples. 

I will get my booster in December since I got may vaccine in January. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

NFL's Raiders Will Require Fans To Show Vaccine Proof, Or Get A Shot At The Gate

When the Las Vegas Raiders kick off their NFL season next month, the team wants its home stadium to look as normal as possible, with stands full of fans. There's just one catch: To get in, every spectator will have to show proof they've gotten a COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who hasn't can still enter — after they get a shot at Allegiant Stadium.

Vaccinated fans won't be required to wear masks

Spectators will be required to show proof of their vaccination status on a mobile app with a "health pass" feature, the Raiders organization said. If they do so, they can attend games without wearing a face mask.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/17/1028402797/nfl-raiders-require-fans-vaccination-proof-shots-las-vegas-masks-covid

I'm glad to see them doing this, but allowing them in the stadium if they get their first shot there really doesn't make any sense.  You aren't fully vaccinated until 5 weeks total for Moderna and Pfizer and what 4 weeks after the J&J shot.  They could be letting in people that are asymptomatic that are spreading the virus.  

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm glad to see them doing this, but allowing them in the stadium if they get their first shot there really doesn't make any sense.  You aren't fully vaccinated until 5 weeks total for Moderna and Pfizer and what 4 weeks after the J&J shot.  They could be letting in people that are asymptomatic that are spreading the virus.  

I think they said that you can go to the game after you get the shot at the stadium, but you still have to wear a mask since it takes a few weeks to fully take effect.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I initially thought that too.  The unvaccinated are asked to mask up.  How they enforce that, who knows.  But maybe they have sought out the advice of epidemiologists and have determined that getting additional people vaccinated provides better outcomes than the risk of the potential spread to vaccinated people.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I initially thought that too.  The unvaccinated are asked to mask up.  How they enforce that, who knows.  But maybe they have sought out the advice of epidemiologists and have determined that getting additional people vaccinated provides better outcomes than the risk of the potential spread to vaccinated people.

And I suspect they take temps & ask the usual covid-screening questions (traveled out of the country, etc.) to those who are un-vaxxed prior to giving them a shot.

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The fake vaccine cards thing is so goddamn bizarre. You have to be REALLY down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole to think it's worth a potential federal felony count instead of getting a free vaccine shot.

In addition, (some) people just don't understand the technology & information that is available & being used/tracked these days.