Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

God of War

The Last of Us 2

Ghost of Tsushima

People also love Horizon Zero Dawn and the latest Spiderman game, but I didn't like Horizon and don't have interest in spiderman.

That should hold you over for quite some time.  Those are definitely the GOATs for me this gen (aside from PSVR, but if you want suggestions on that, I can give that too).

Thank you!  Agree, both Last of Us games were incredible.  Never heard of Ghost of Tsushima, will check that out.

I also did not like HZD and stopped playing after about an hour.  Loved Spiderman.  

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Im playing Detroit Become Human right now, which was ported to PC from PS4, and it’s one of the better single player games I’ve come across in a while. 

Added to list, thanks!

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The Outer Worlds (came out around this time last year) is another solid one.

You need to kill, yes? You can in this. Kill everything. 

Yea, I played that one, did not finish it (possibly due to having a child, but I forget).  It was billed as Fallout in space, and the Fallout games are my #1 favorite games.  It failed to live up to that hype (which was probably unfair) and I thought the weaponry and gadgets were pretty limited.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I played that one, did not finish it (possibly due to having a child, but I forget).  It was billed as Fallout in space, and the Fallout games are my #1 favorite games.  It failed to live up to that hype (which was probably unfair) and I thought the weaponry and gadgets were pretty limited.  

Yeah, it was, unfortunately.  Everything was slanted towards Tech/Science (which I rolled with). Hopefully they're more well rounded with the sequel, which they hopefully port to PS5, seeing as they are now a Microsoft dev.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Holy ****!  Added to list.  

I don't really like open world games generally speaking.  God of War this gen and Breath of the Wild were outliers that I loved.  And then Ghost of Tsushima is another.  I nearly platinumed that game.  It's just incredible.  The scenery never gets old in that game.  I just love the time period too.

• Like 1

I’m trying to get my kid to finish Ultimate Alliance with me. We started and got probably a third through and then we stopped for months and now we don’t remember anything about the game.

Its not as good as the originals, though. 

Daughter is easy. Mario Kart only.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thank you!  Agree, both Last of Us games were incredible.  Never heard of Ghost of Tsushima, will check that out.

I also did not like HZD and stopped playing after about an hour.  Loved Spiderman.  

I recognize God of War and TLOU are nothing alike BUT they are both very similar to Logan in an older past his prime father figure embarking on an adventure where he must face and come to terms with the consequences of the decisions of his past while also caring for a young child. 

so, if you like that setup played out against a fantasy backdrop of Norse mythology with outstanding combat, production values and story...God of War is your game. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Noted. I generally haven’t gotten into AC games, but loved the OzzyMan reviews on it. :)

what about this one?

85951D7E-1CC7-447C-B744-C6A3366E9980.thumb.jpeg.73492ca7343ec5747e28088d6eac99f3.jpeg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not gonna lie I'm kind of digging the PS5 physically.  It's huge but fits vertically in my space so I can just sit the PSVR box next to it and camera next to that.  It's ugly but I dunno I think it's actually kinda cool.

MTt1jax.jpg

Once I get the XSX in there I will do some cable management.

• Like 1