Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings close facilities after Titans players test positive for the coronavirus (and all other nfl team covid reports not related to the wft)

Jumbo

hadn't posted the thought before but i been wondering since they said they'd be starting the season if peeps were prepared for how likely it could be that it might be ended halfway throguh and what that might cause in terms of reaction

remember no politics in here, either---that's only for the tailgate--this topic should be restricted to the football issues

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30001007/tennessee-titans-close-facility-multiple-players-test-positive-covid-19

Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings close facilities after Titans players test positive for the coronavirus

The Tennessee Titans have closed their facilities until Saturday after three players and five team personnel members tested positive for the coronavirus, the NFL announced Tuesday.

The eight new positive tests have been confirmed after additional testing, a source told ESPN's Kevin Seifert. Those who tested positive have been asymptomatic as of Tuesday morning, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

The Titans, citing an "abundance of caution," issued a statement saying they halted in-person work Tuesday. The Minnesota Vikings, who played the Titans on Sunday, did the same, though the team said there were no positive tests through Tuesday morning.

"Out of the abundance of caution, the organization has decided to work remotely today as we follow NFL protocols related to the COVID-19 virus," the Titans' statement said.

For the Vikings, league contact tracing identified 48 close contacts with the eight members of the Titans who tested positive, sources told Graziano, and the Vikings will not return to their facility until all of their test results are in. Contingency and rescheduling plans are being discussed, sources told ESPN.

The NFL issued a statement saying both the Titans and Vikings are working with the league and the NFLPA and medical officials "to evaluate close contacts, perform additional testing and monitor developments ... with health and safety as our primary consideration."

more at link

• Jumbo changed the title to Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings close facilities after Titans players test positive for the coronavirus (and all other nfl team covid reports not related to the wft)

I’d love some Tuesday night football :D 

wouldn’t be too crazy about a MNF double header, since i doubt the game would be played at 4:30, and i doubt they play at 10:20 PM (week 1 that was ok cause it was 7:20 out west) so I’d most likely have to choose between Steelers/titans or packers/falcons

well, ****. So, people out of market wouldn’t be able to see the game, then. That’s dumb. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’d love some Tuesday night football :D 

wouldn’t be too crazy about a MNF double header, since i doubt the game would be played at 4:30, and i doubt they play at 10:20 PM (week 1 that was ok cause it was 7:20 out west) so I’d most likely have to choose between Steelers/titans or packers/falcons

well, ****. So, people out of market wouldn’t be able to see the game, then. That’s dumb. 

You wouldn't have seen it otherwise

I'd guess it's deemed unfair to someone no matter what they do if it's different than the agreement. 

If CBS is allowed to air it nationally then they get one additional nationally-televised game than their competitors. If CBS gives it to NFL Network, then they lose a regional game. And...all of that just to show fans a regional game that was never on their radar to begin with. Seems like a lot of squeeze for very little juice. 

Yeah, i guess that makes sense. 

when bills jets was postponed in 2014 i think It was only available on Sunday ticket. 

giants Vikings in 2011 (postponed due to the HHH Metrodome roof caving in due to snow) was only available in NY and MN, and Sunday ticket everywhere else 

edit: @TD_washingtonredskins i guess it’ll be on National tv after all! 

Titans got another positive test, which puts their game on Sunday against the bills in jeopardy and would require it to be moved to Monday or Tuesday. 

the problem is, the bills are playing the chiefs next Thursday. And you can’t have the bills play on a Monday or Tuesday night and then play the chiefs on a Thursday. So the league is currently discussing moving TNF next week to next Saturday, if needed 

Archived