Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings close facilities after Titans players test positive for the coronavirus (and all other nfl team covid reports not related to the wft)

Jumbo

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-mnf-game-vs-broncos-postponed-due-to-another-positive-covid-19-test-133149045.html

broncos/pats game moved to week 6

pats/dolphins week 6 game moved to ?

Wasn’t the patriots bye supposed to be week 6? It’s the broncos who were scheduled to play the dolphins next week (obviously being moved now) 

jaguars were supposed to play the chargers in week 8, who now have to play the broncos. So the jaguars schedule gets thrown out of whack as well. 

Albert Breer says there’s no longer any wiggle room to move games for the titans, Steelers, patriots and broncos (postponements) and the packers and lions (week 5 byes), and with the raiders, dolphins, saints and Seahawks having byes next week, there will be no wiggle room for rescheduling for 10 of the leagues 32 teams. 

2 hours ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

I kind of wondered if the postponements started to rack up if we'd have a couple extra makeup weeks in January.

Some radio host suggested that if they are any makeup weeks to be had; have them first ahead of week 17. Push week 17 back and insert any makeup games after week 16. That way, all teams will still have their final game at the same time and you won't be having some teams being off for multiple weeks, waiting to play their first playoff game. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like the Falcons are a mess. I don't see how the season continues at this rate

The NFL will continue.  Even if they only get to play 3-4 more games; they will try to have some sort of season and then probably an expand playoffs if they can only play a short season.  See 1982 strike year. They only played 9 games and had a 16 team playoff field that year.  There's too much money involved for the NFL to not have some sort of season. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

A strike isn't an infection...

No, I was just point out that year as an example of what the NFL would do for the playoffs in a shortened season.

We are at week 6.  We've already seen the nfl flip the schedule around for several teams.  Their mindset is still to play all 16 games.  That's going to be harder as many teams will have had their byes; so the nfl can't really change the schedule around.  The next thing will be to schedule missed games in week 18,19, etc..   I think the NFL can push the superbowl back a month; so there's a 3-4 week window after the season.   After that would mean canceling games.  I think NFL has no problem if teams plays unbalanced amount of games if it comes to that.

I just don't see the NFL completely cancelling the season.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They're going to have no choice if this keeps up. They're on the verge of losing containment. No amount of money could absurd the blow of losing either the abilities or lives of your players and coaches.

$$$$$$$$$$ rules over lives and abilities.  Don't underestimate the greed of the owners.  They could care less about their players and coaches; who can always be replaced. 

On 10/16/2020 at 1:19 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

$$$$$$$$$$ rules over lives and abilities.  Don't underestimate the greed of the owners.  They could care less about their players and coaches; who can always be replaced. 

At this rate, Dwayne Haskins is more sick than any of the players that tested positive for coronavirus.

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I really wonder if Cam hasn't been affected by lingering damage.  I haven't closely followed the Pat's, but post Covid Cam really seems like a different dude.

Not really sure what the league is waiting for... Maybe for Tom Brady or Arron Rodgers to get it

To be honest...Post Covid Cam is playing more in line with last years Panthers Cam...which is a reason he is now Patriots Cam...

Archived