Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team now has a losing regular season record as a franchise

hail2skins

40 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

This franchise is 1-2.  My Redskins are no more.

Exactly no such thing as the Redskins....this is the football team. 1-2 still a losing record but the Redskins were retired with a winning franchise record and three Super Bowls.....maybe one day this new team can be great but I doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Exactly no such thing as the Redskins....this is the football team. 1-2 still a losing record but the Redskins were retired with a winning franchise record and three Super Bowls.....maybe one day this new team can be great but I doubt it. 

The NAME was retired, not the franchise. Think of it this way. If a girl named, say, Samantha Lewis, gets married to a guy with the last name of John Smith. Then she (usually) changes her last name. She doesn’t become a whole different person, just the last name is different. 

same way with this. It’s the same franchise, same records, just a different name 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The NAME was retired, not the franchise. Think of it this way. If a girl named, say, Samantha Lewis, gets married to a guy with the last name of John Smith. Then she (usually) changes her last name. She doesn’t become a whole different person, just the last name is different. 

same way with this. It’s the same franchise, same records, just a different name 

I agree with CF1993.  It’s the same crappy franchise.   Now - give me a new expansion franchise with a new owner and I would happily start over at 0-0.

Whatever, long as we play, we can get back over.   Franchise is closing in on 90 years, the world makes some of yall think all those loses were because of Snyder?

Ok, we arent winning, the whole franchise is getting disinfected and STILL complaining? Getting bored with the negativity, everyone knew it'd take time to get the play of field right after pretty much everything else got nuked. Ron said it over and over again, he's being straight with us, we should return the favor.

Being mad we lost again is like being disconnected from reality.  Being a fan of a franchise thats older then all of us, this moment in context is jus another one. We keep finding things to give up on them about, more will give up. 

Go be a Ravens fan if you've lost patience, we play this week, get your chance to say i told you so now. But stop with this same old same old routine, its not, we don't even have the same name anymore.

I’ve noticed a trend among older fans to reject this team because of the name change but still post around here. Some claim to not watch the games anymore. 

Do you all not count the years this team was the braves and/or they played in Boston? 

I have a much harder time accepting those years because of my hatred for Boston sports than what is happening now with the new name. It’s literally just a name. Get over it. 

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whatever, long as we play, we can get back over.   Franchise is closing in on 90 years, the world makes some of yall think all those loses were because of Snyder?

Ok, we arent winning, the whole franchise is getting disinfected and STILL complaining? Getting bored with the negativity, everyone knew it'd take time to get the play of field right after pretty much everything else got nuked. Ron said it over and over again, he's being straight with us, we should return the favor.

Being mad we lost again is like being disconnected from reality.  Being a fan of a franchise thats older then all of us, this moment in context is jus another one. We keep finding things to give up on them about, more will give up. 

Go be a Ravens fan if you've lost patience, we play this week, get your chance to say i told you so now. But stop with this same old same old routine, its not, we don't even have the same name anymore.

No one is saying all the loses in the franchise history are on Snyder. Just the last two decades. 😉

You ain't seen nuthin yet. I am now convinced that any, not only The, Washington football team is doomed to failure. Nation's so called capital should not have any professional sports franchises. Basketball has been shot since the name Bullets was scrapped, baseball has now been finally acclimated to being a Washington baseball team after moving from Canada, and hockey is on its way down and doesn't count anyway.

31 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

You ain't seen nuthin yet. I am now convinced that any, not only The, Washington football team is doomed to failure. Nation's so called capital should not have any professional sports franchises. Basketball has been shot since the name Bullets was scrapped, baseball has now been finally acclimated to being a Washington baseball team after moving from Canada, and hockey is on its way down and doesn't count anyway.

Yet again some more silliness to prove my point.

The Wizards save a few years in late seventies have never been a good franchise. The name changed nothing. Also they used to be the BALTIMORE bullets. Again I have a harder time with that than the name. Regardless it doesn't change the fact that they have always been the same franchise. Whether they moved and/or changed their name, multiple times.

The Nationals just won the world series. I'm not sure what tree you're barking up there but whatever.

The ole hockey doesn't count BS peppered in with a veiled political shot at the nation's capital is ridiculous. This is the only team on your list that has always been a Washington team and has never changed its name. Also they recently won a Stanley Cup. 

Does everyone here think it's easy to win these things every year?

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe you should let people be a fan in the way they want to.  You aren’t the arbiter of how people should react to dysfunction.

4 minutes ago, Csup said:

Maybe you should let people be a fan in the way they want to.  You aren’t the arbiter of how people should react to dysfunction.

That includes letting me speak my mind since everyone else does.

I remember being called out for NOT wanting to lose to Dallas for higher draft picks, so I'm jaded on ES right now.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That includes letting me speak my mind since everyone else does.

I remember being called out for NOT wanting to lose to Dallas for higher draft picks, so I'm jaded on ES right now.

I agree.  We are all frustrated right now.  At least those of us left.  This team has lost an amazing amount of fans.   

The reason Synder comes up so often is he is the one constant in the 20 year disaster.  IMO- this talk of change is nonsense because he is still in charge.  And every time I watch Haskins throw a football i am reminded of the idiot owner.  Fair to Haskins? No.  Good for my health?  No.  But it is what it is.  

We all have our roles to play on ES.  I am the cynical one. Carex is the conspiracy poster (we would be defending Super Bowl champs for 20 years running if not for the refs).  VOR is the calm -pull -me -back from the ledge poster.  It’s therapy.  

16 minutes ago, Csup said:

I agree.  We are all frustrated right now.  At least those of us left.  This team has lost an amazing amount of fans.   

Yea, the protest was hopeless, we were broken.

The reason Synder comes up so often is he is the one constant in the 20 year disaster.  IMO- this talk of change is nonsense because he is still in charge.  And every time I watch Haskins throw a football i am reminded of the idiot owner.  Fair to Haskins? No.  Good for my health?  No.  But it is what it is.  

I tried trashing this team for everything it did wrong following the name change fiasco, I couldn't keep up.  Prefer my optimist role.

I gotta say that when everything between Snyder and the players on the field has been overhauled, its something different to me.

I'm not buying Snyders days are numbered. But the case is growing because money is involved, the only way to get rid of him.

We all have our roles to play on ES.  I am the cynical one. Carex is the conspiracy poster (we would be defending Super Bowl champs for 20 years running if not for the refs).  VOR is the calm -pull -me -back from the ledge poster.  It’s therapy.  

Aye, everybody brins something to the table here, keeps it interesting : )

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s how you feel then great....I don’t feel that way.....Do people say the Wizards won an NBA title? NOPE cause the bullets did not the wizards. The Expos are supposed to be the same franchise as the Nationals but do people say oh the Expos got a World Series after last year NOPE! It may just be a name to you but it’s not to me....and a lot of others. 

I’m still watching this team, but Admittedly my fandom is in limbo because my team the Redskins no longer exists. I was jazzed with the win over the Eagles, but I’m still

not bought in...it’s gonna take a lot of winning to get me to buy in & I don’t know if I have the patience. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Hdf561 it isn’t about how any of us “feel”, the FACT is that if a franchise changes a name, but stays in the same city, the W/L record and all the history doesn’t change. Your opinion doesn’t change the fact that the W/L record doesn’t just get erased. It’s not difficult to understand this. 

Everyone has a point (Ie Bullets won the championship not the Wizards - The Bullets championship is part of the franchise etc.), but as Csup pointed out everyone has their own way of dealing with this. They're the Redskins to me  (and it seems many others - the last two weeks even the game announcers slipped and called them such). HTTR.

51 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Hdf561 it isn’t about how any of us “feel”, the FACT is that if a franchise changes a name, but stays in the same city, the W/L record and all the history doesn’t change. Your opinion doesn’t change the fact that the W/L record doesn’t just get erased. It’s not difficult to understand this. 

That’s fine to me I don’t buy it....I disagree with the same city because the Nationals and the Expos are the same franchise, but if to further prove my point Juan Soto won the NL batting title and they said he is the first Nationals player to do it, but that’s false if the Expos and Nationals are the same franchise because Tim Raines won the NL batting title for the Expos in 86. So while you can spout this it’s the same franchise stuff the Expos are dead cause they don’t exist and now the Redskins are that same fate....you are a year or two away from some this same situation just wait and see, better to accept it now. 

Also be a fan however you want, I choose to be one the way I want. 

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Think of it this way. If a girl named, say, Samantha Lewis, gets married to a guy with the last name of John Smith. Then she (usually) changes her last name. She doesn’t become a whole different person, just the last name is different. 

I can tell you've never been married.

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Hdf561   The expos were in Montreal though, and relocated to DC to become the Washington nationals. That’s a completely different situation. 

Is it or isn't it the same the same franchise?  And that is the issue with a new name. If the Redskins pick a new name next year - people will say it's their first this or that whenever something gets accomplished. (Just like they have with the Nationals). Interestingly changing cities but keeping the same name doesn't cause this effect (See Colts/Rams).

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

No one is saying all the loses in the franchise history are on Snyder. Just the last two decades. 😉

Yeah there was a long stretch where the team was really bad, even when Sonny Jurgensen played.  He would put up 35 points throwing to Taylor, Mitchell, and Smith, and the defense would give up 42.  Things didn't turn around until Vince Lombardi showed up in 1969 for a tragically short time, followed a few years later by George Allen and then Joe Gibbs, for a two decade stretch of excellence. 

But, again, that was after a long stretch of awfulness punctuated only by a few seasons of mediocrity. In the 22 year span before Lombardi arrived, going back to 1946, the team had only 3 winning seasons.  So we're in the midst of another horrendous era that matches the pre-Lombardi/Allen/Gibbs Days for futility.

Archived