Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Team now has a losing regular season record as a franchise

hail2skins

On 9/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, Florgon79 said:

Yet again some more silliness to prove my point.

The Wizards save a few years in late seventies have never been a good franchise. The name changed nothing. Also they used to be the BALTIMORE bullets. Again I have a harder time with that than the name. Regardless it doesn't change the fact that they have always been the same franchise. Whether they moved and/or changed their name, multiple times.

The Nationals just won the world series. I'm not sure what tree you're barking up there but whatever.

The ole hockey doesn't count BS peppered in with a veiled political shot at the nation's capital is ridiculous. This is the only team on your list that has always been a Washington team and has never changed its name. Also they recently won a Stanley Cup. 

Does everyone here think it's easy to win these things every year?

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

The Bullets were the Washington Bullets before the name change to Wizards which has as much meaning or relationship to basketball as a corn cob. The name change came about because some faints of heart were offended by a name having anything to do with guns. The joke was that the real offensive name was "Washington" and that was what needed to be changed.

I fail to see how my reference to Washington as the "so called" nation's capital is political.

The baseball team I said has acclimated itself to being in Washington as did the old Senators after winning their sole World Series in 1924. No more WS for the Nats in my lifetime or yours.

Hockey is hockey played by mostly Europeans and Canadians so keep hockey and soccer which are perfect DC sports.

WFT will have low single digit win seasons into the distant future. Maybe the digital robot team in 2050 will do better.

37 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

The Bullets were the Washington Bullets before the name change to Wizards which has as much meaning or relationship to basketball as a corn cob. The name change came about because some faints of heart were offended by a name having anything to do with guns. The joke was that the real offensive name was "Washington" and that was what needed to be changed.

I fail to see how my reference to Washington as the "so called" nation's capital is political.

The baseball team I said has acclimated itself to being in Washington as did the old Senators after winning their sole World Series in 1924. No more WS for the Nats in my lifetime or yours.

Hockey is hockey played by mostly Europeans and Canadians so keep hockey and soccer which are perfect DC sports.

WFT will have low single digit win seasons into the distant future. Maybe the digital robot team in 2050 will do better.

1. Yes I am aware they were the Washington Bullets.

2. How else should that comment be taken? It is in fact the Nation's Capital. What is the point of calling it "so-called" if not to make some sort of veiled criticism?

3. You have NO idea whether or not the Nationals are capable of another WS in our lifetimes. 

4. So DC is a European City? That's a stupid comment and just another veiled shot at people from the district.

5. Hey something we might agree upon, oh wait you ruined it by saying something dumb about robots.

If you hate it all so much, why bother? You seem to hate the city and most of the teams.

per the sticky thread at the top, smurf 3 was banned for---quite stubbornly ---making political comments in his post above (take the 'gun' comment as one example) so he won't be replying

i'd love it if there wouldn't be a 'next man up' on that issue :) 

On 9/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It’s the same franchise, the all time record doesn’t just get erased. No. That’s not how it works. 

They contracted a deadly disease when Dan bought the team.  The disease spread to vital organs under Bruce's care.  Then they died when they changed their name.

This team has most not been great or dominant for almost 100 years. We've had some solid streaks over the years, but for the most part we have always kind of sucked.

Sure the early 40's or so, after 2 name changes, changing the location we ran off about 8 or 9 really strong years, but that was mostly it until a lot of us were kids in the early 70/80's, until the early 90's. Then it's back to sucking.

Since 32

4 names

2 cities

3 rings and 2 championships. Every 19 years or so we might be the best team. So, we're due? lol

Hell most of our single season records are by putzs who have been here recently for a year or two.

Bottom line? WGAF. Name? Whatever. We are not a winning franchise, so get over it. Players aren't worth getting attached to. This isn't our year and next probably isn't either.

Owner is garbage and that's who you're really supporting. If it's that important to you, leave. If winning is that important, bail and stick to fantasy and gamepass. 

The teams in it's first actual rebuild and rebranding and retooling everywhere and it'll take time and we are going to lose more, because that's what this franchise has done since we were the Boston Braves. Get over it and stop whining.

Archived