Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I doubt the Cowboys fans are saying they’re not contending for the division, while currently sitting in first place 

Considering they have a losing record of only 2-3, and may end up just a half game lead in 1st, as well as their disappointing play, and their star QB out for the season, and how fickle fans can be, I'd say it's quite likely

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, SAli457180 said:

The thread title will have to wait to be said until after Week 1 of 2021.  Maybe.

No, first palace is NOW !

By Thanksgiving, end of the day, we'll be in First Place.

Folks, in these challenging and trying times of pandemics, fake crowd noise, and losing records, we still have a choice, as fans and players. The choice is yours ! So, choose championship !

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Folks, in these challenging and trying times of pandemics, fake crowd noise, and losing records, we still have a choice, as fans and players. The choice is yours ! So, choose championship !

Jack Palance... "Believe it... or Not"

Jack Palance Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

On 11/21/2020 at 12:36 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, put differently, paloffs is now?  Is that what you're telling me?  I think that's what you're telling me.  I'm pretty sure that's what you're telling me...

22 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Isn't Dallas in last place ?

Nope. Us. Which im guessing is because we’re 0-4 on the road and they’re 1-4 on the road 

I’m confused though about how that puts them in third place if we have the tiebreaker over them currently....maybe it has something to do with record against common opponents? But again, how does head-to-head not come before that? 

EDIT: weird thing is, Foxsports.com shows us in 3rd in the standings, yet ESPN and NFL.com have us in 4th place....

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

We have head to head over them and a better division record.

I think Dallas is in last place.

Yeah, that’s what i thought. Why does NFL.com not know that though? Cause the NFL.com standings clearly show Dallas being in 3rd. Maybe somebody is drunk over there and hasn’t fixed it yet? You’re a league website, you should have your **** together.....come the **** on. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, that’s what i thought. Why does NFL.com not know that though? Cause the NFL.com standings clearly show Dallas being in 3rd. Maybe somebody is drunk over there and hasn’t fixed it yet? You’re a league website, you should have your **** together.....come the **** on. 

Good question. Don't know, but head to head is first tie-breaker and division record is second.

5 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Good question. Don't know, but head to head is first tie-breaker and division record is second.

Right, but The WFT has the head-to-head with Dallas, the Cowboys have the head-to-head with the Giants and the Giants have the head-to-head with the WFT... so which is first?

2 hours ago, zskins said:

Except we are last in the division as of right now...lol

47 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Isn't Dallas in last place ?

37 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope. Us. Which im guessing is because we’re 0-4 on the road and they’re 1-4 on the road 

I’m confused though about how that puts them in third place if we have the tiebreaker over them currently....maybe it has something to do with record against common opponents? But again, how does head-to-head not come before that? 

EDIT: weird thing is, Foxsports.com shows us in 3rd in the standings, yet ESPN and NFL.com have us in 4th place....

Okay firstly, this conversation about First Palace, all started with my post being predicated on us winning Thursday - not our current records.

If we win Thursday, at that moment in time, we will be the undisputed champion of the division, at that very point in time.

Secondly, even the current standings appear to be wrong if they have us in last place. If I'm not mistaken, the tiebreaker would be based on Divisional opponents, and we have a better Divisional record than Dallas, so I see them being in last place.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Okay firstly, this conversation about First Palace, all started with my post being predicated on us winning Thursday - not our current records.

Yes, and I wasn’t responding to your post at all, i quoted only the person that was asking if Dallas is in 4th (which his question is indeed based on current records. I am fully aware yours wasn’t about current records). It had nothing to do with your “first palace” post—which btw got a laugh from me :) 

infact, i dont think any of the 3 posts you quoted were going off of your prediction that they’d be in first place with a win tomorrow. Zskins’s response to VOR read (at least to me) that he was simply only making the point that paloffs can’t possibly be now given that the team is in 3rd. I dont think his post was at all based off of your prediction (just from my understanding). 

43 minutes ago, echosams said:

Right, but The WFT has the head-to-head with Dallas, the Cowboys have the head-to-head with the Giants and the Giants have the head-to-head with the WFT... so which is first?

If Dallas has head to head over the Giants, why are the Giants listed as second and not Dallas ?

On 10/12/2020 at 10:53 AM, drowland said:

Umm the first 5 weeks taught us this is a bad team that can't compete with good teams.  All the next 6 weeks will tell us is does this team suck as bad as the bottom teams or suck less and might be able to get to 5 wins on the season.  

EDit: didn't look at the date lol...nevermind.

As for the division standings, when three teams have the same W/L record:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs) - In games among the clubs, Giants are 2-1 (.66), Cowboys are 1-1 (.50), and we are 1-2 (.33). That's why we are last.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  5. Strength of victory
  6. Strength of schedule
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed
  9. Best net points in common games
  10. Best net points in all games
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games
  12. Coin toss

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

EDit: didn't look at the date lol...nevermind.

I haven't looked at this thread in a while, but I'm sticking with 5 wins lol. 

If WFT wins today I like their chances to win this clunker division, otherwise they're pretty much done.  Getting swept by the Giants hurt.  And softening up Cincy ain't helping either.  

Giants seem to be in the drivers seat with 3 divisional wins, but they haven't won a game outside the division yet.  They get Cincy this weekend which should be a win and then 4 straight against good teams before they finish with Dallas.  

Dallas has to sweep their final divisional games and pick up a win against Cincy. 

Eagles the same, need to sweep final divisional games, but they look done to me and their next 4 are brutal (Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Cardinals).

Dallas, coming off a quality win in Minny, will probably win the East if they win today.

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs) - In games among the clubs, Giants are 2-1 (.66), Cowboys are 1-1 (.50), and we are 1-2 (.33). That's why we are last.

Wait...in games among the clubs (meaning division wins)? the giants have definitely played more than 3 division games, if that’s what that means. 

EDIT: I was thinking for some reason that included their games against Philly too, but they’re not tied at 3-7. You’re right. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait...in games among the clubs (meaning division wins)? the giants have definitely played more than 3 division games, if that’s what that means. 

Just the three clubs that are involved in the three way tie.

On another note, I'm hanging my hat on the fact that Washington has be best point differential in the division and the lowest points allowed.  Also, the fact that somehow, Alex Smith is the QB in the division least likely to crap the bed.  Note that I'm not saying he's the best QB, but Dallas is basically running guys in off the street, and Wentz and Daniel Jones have occasional games where they vomit all over themselves.

Right now, we've got the QB with the highest floor (but probably second lowest ceiling) a mean D-Line, the best point differential...I guess we're as well positioned as any 3-7 team can be.

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs) - In games among the clubs, Giants are 2-1 (.66), Cowboys are 1-1 (.50), and we are 1-2 (.33). That's why we are last

Yeah that's it.

Since each of the three teams has head to head over one of the other teams, it goes to record in games among those three teams.

If it was just us and Dallas that were tied, we would win on tie-breakers.

Archived