Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Running the ball will win the championship.

wtfskins

43 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yep..I said one little itty bitty tinny thing wrong and BAM..grounded....I'm guessing it was because I believe nonnie mentioned something about how my parents should go about being Washington football team fans and I responded with how there mostly upset with what's going on in the country...but I ****ed up and said what there actually upset about..instead of doing it the correct way and saying there upset about what's going on in the country @wtfskins they weren't talking about you being on vacation.

@TK @Jumbo...I'm doing my absolute best to be a part of this community unfortunately for @Koolblue13 and I absolutely hate bein put in timeout but rules are rules and if I break one than lord strike me down.... what I don't understand is why I don't get an explanation as to why I got banned...why am I not allowed to respond to someone's post?..did you guys get private messages from folks here saying we dont want notifications from tater?...cause I've got private messages from folks saying uhhh so n so was being rude to you and its uncalled for..which I think is completely silly..like grade school stuff..any way...while yall have everything else on the internet social media type places...this is all I have.

lmao...and you post all that crap in this entirely unrelated new thread...smfh

you've been banned each time for breaking rules while you've also been given a lot of slack to (much of it, not all, undeserved imo but i've done it too) 

but it would appear that you don't ever go and actually read and understand them---any of them

on this last one, and not for the first or even second time, i told you that if you don't get it together you were gonna run out of rope and here you are already again, with this post that violates major rules, like #18 (and there's another of yours where you've quoted me that i haven't' even checked yet)

as an editorial/member comment, while i keep trying to spotlight the 'nice guy' part of your shtick, the rest of your act i just find generally lame and not adding much but a lot of white noise or serving as a 'character' whose actual value to the board in that capacity is negligible at best imv, but that's all beside the point, just my two cents on that stuff

it's been too many times that we've been here and we're done now

you're not an old timer here but since 2018 you've made over 5000 'tater-type' posts...talk about spam violations that you were never hit with, wow

it's easy to find another wft message board, so good luck 

I was wondering when the "run the damn ball" thread would come.  

It's funny.  Jay got a reputation of never running the ball, or giving up on the run, because he ran the ball so consistently and unsuccessfully on first down, he had to pass on every second and third down.  Then Bill came in and said, screw that, we're just going to run on all downs. Let's line up in wishbone and run it like they did in the 1960's at Notre Dame!

No, the problem is not that we are passing the ball too much.  The problem is our QB can't hit the ocean while standing in a row boat in the middle of said ocean.  

Running more will accomplish one thing: put Haskins in more known passing situations.  Which he will fail at.

So, I'd prefer to try and pass on early downs when the defense doesn't absolutely know we're going to pass.  

Thus ends the lesson.  

PS: I missed this thread and it's tangent for several days, it appears.  I'm sorry, there was some good unrelated to topic humor, and we all need some of that these days.  

While the OP is borderline trolling and the Rodgers/Kamara suggestion is laughable, I actually do agree that we should be running more. I'm not saying it'll help us win a championship, but do think that a little more involvement from the RBs would help balance the offence.

A quick recap of the RB stats from the Browns' game (Haskins and the WRs did rush a further 5 times).

Gibson     9 carries, 49 yards, 5.4 average

McKissic  5 carries, 15 yards, 3.0 average

Barber      3 carries,   6 yards, 2.0 average

Not mind-blowing yardage, but not bad either. It's obvious that we don't have a good o-line but they did open a few good holes and I think we could/should build on that.

We really have 3 older Vets on our team.

Kerrigan, who's coaching up Sweat and Young and gets along great with everyone. 

Thomas Davis, who is very familiar with our (formerly LBers) HC and DC and we have a lot of very young guys at the position and gets along with everyone.

Alex Smith, who probably won't play, is getting paid anyway and is a volunteer brilliant coaching mind to have with our young QB and gets along with everyone.

I asked myself why Barber over AP. RR said he always liked his running style. Barber is 5-10 carry a game battle ram and that's it. Not sure AP would have liked that. AP was close with Trent and Reed..... Our RB coach is one of the only coaches we retained. I don't think it was a performance based decision by any means.

Also- yes, some good reading that may answer some questions in the previous posts.

Gibson and McKissic combined are running for about 4.5 ypc on only 15 carries per game.  They could certainly afford to run them a little more.  The league has changed, but not so much that running it is NOT good for your young QB, who doesn't have much to work with when he's dropping back.  The offense goes as Haskins goes, and that doesn't really work enough to make the offense do what it's supposed to.

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was wondering when the "run the damn ball" thread would come.  

It's funny.  Jay got a reputation of never running the ball, or giving up on the run, because he ran the ball so consistently and unsuccessfully on first down, he had to pass on every second and third down.  Then Bill came in and said, screw that, we're just going to run on all downs. Let's line up in wishbone and run it like they did in the 1960's at Notre Dame!

No, the problem is not that we are passing the ball too much.  The problem is our QB can't hit the ocean while standing in a row boat in the middle of said ocean.  

Running more will accomplish one thing: put Haskins in more known passing situations.  Which he will fail at.

So, I'd prefer to try and pass on early downs when the defense doesn't absolutely know we're going to pass.  

Thus ends the lesson.  

PS: I missed this thread and it's tangent for several days, it appears.  I'm sorry, there was some good unrelated to topic humor, and we all need some of that these days.  

Well let’s pass the ball on running downs and run the ball on passing downs that might confuse the defense a little.  The raiders beat the Saints by sticking to the run.  It keeps you in the game and it limits turnovers. 

Also if you dont remember the Saints we’re offering to trade Kamara this year we missed our chance.  And once the Packers lose in the playoffs who knows.

If you stick with the run it will wear down defenses later in the game. The pass rushers in this league are very good let’s not play to their strengths.  Also our TE Logan Thomas is not a very good blocker he needs to play less for sure. 

Archived